Ladies of Horror Fiction discussion

Here There Are Monsters
This topic is about Here There Are Monsters
LOHF Group Reads > HERE THERE ARE MONSTERS by Amelinda Berube: PRE-CHAT Discussion

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laurie  |  LOHF (barklesswagmore) | 501 comments We had two books win the poll for October so we'll be two doing book discussions! Who doesn't want to read more horror during the spookiest month, right?

This is the spot to chat about all things spoiler free regarding this book selection. You can read paper, audio - it does not matter!

Here's the blurb: The Blair Witch Project meets Imaginary Girls in this story of codependent sisterhood, the struggle to claim one’s own space, and the power of secrets

Sixteen-year-old Skye is done playing the knight in shining armor for her insufferable younger sister, Deirdre. Moving across the country seems like the perfect chance to start over.

In their isolated new neighborhood, Skye manages to fit in, but Deirdre withdraws from everyone, becoming fixated on the swampy woods behind their house and building monstrous sculptures out of sticks and bones.

Then Deirdre disappears.

And when something awful comes scratching at Skye's window in the middle of the night, claiming she's the only one who can save Deirdre, Skye knows she will stop at nothing to bring her sister home.

Latasha (latasha513) | 304 comments this is the one i voted for! yay!

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] (howlinglibraries) | 47 comments I have a late eARC for this one so I'm gonna try to join!

Laurie  |  LOHF (barklesswagmore) | 501 comments I'm looking forward to both of them. There were so many good choices this month!

message 5: by Bec (new)

Bec (_becandbooks) Both of these books are so high on my TBR!

Amanda "The BookBud" Bedingfield (thebookbud) | 2 comments Going to try for this one too, looking forward to the discussions!

Shaina (shainlockholmes) | 68 comments Both of the new ones look good ! I’m happy even though I didn’t get to vote.

Laurie  |  LOHF (barklesswagmore) | 501 comments Shaina wrote: "Both of the new ones look good ! I’m happy even though I didn’t get to vote."

I'm sorry you missed the voting. I don't know if you saw this in the other thread but our polls run every month on or around the 15th, they usually end a few days later. We send out a broadcast message to the entire group via email to alert everyone that a poll is live. You might want to check to see if you have emails from the group disabled, if you didn't get them.

message 9: by Mrsbear (new) - added it

Mrsbear (msbear21) | 1 comments I am joining in this month. Both books sound great!

Laurie  |  LOHF (barklesswagmore) | 501 comments The spoilery discussion threads are up!

message 11: by Franklinbadger (new)

Franklinbadger | 79 comments Yay! I'm hoping to manage both group reads this month after failing miserably last month..

Latasha (latasha513) | 304 comments I am too. 🤞🏻

April Taylor | 5 comments I read an ARC of this earlier in the year and it was SO good. Definitely a great choice for those who like their horror filled with lots of layers and symbolism.

Latasha (latasha513) | 304 comments April A. wrote: "I read an ARC of this earlier in the year and it was SO good. Definitely a great choice for those who like their horror filled with lots of layers and symbolism."

that sounds great to me :)

message 15: by Sci-Fi & Scary (new)

Sci-Fi & Scary (scifiandscary) I have been to the bookstore twice this month at least and keep forgetting to get this book. Gaaah