What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Boy Befriends Vampire, Sister Dates the Vampire. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen D’Andrea (dandreaka) | 3 comments The book is a fantasy book about a boy (maybe 12-13ish) who is really interested in vampires and wants to make contact with them. He eventually does make contact with one and becomes friends with him. Throughout the book, I remember the sister eventually meeting the vampire, falling in love with him, but then she is murdered by another evil vampire who then becomes a monster and is killed by the vampire the boy contacted. In the end, only the boy and the vampire survives.

I cannot remember the name of this book for the life of me! I read when I was a teenager, maybe 2004? The book had probably been out for a few years at least though.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Karen Montaldi ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 92 from two months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen D’Andrea (dandreaka) | 3 comments No luck yet :(

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32027 comments Mod
Karen, is this book for teens or older adults?

Is his sister turned into a vampire by the boy's vampire friend? Who becomes what kind of "monster" ("vampire sister")?

Location (country/region/well-known city/small town)?

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen D’Andrea (dandreaka) | 3 comments It is for young teenagers (unless it found itself in my middle school by mistake :)) I honestly don’t remember the city but I do think it happened in the USA. The sister is not turned into a vampire. She is killed by the bad guy in the book who eventually turns into a deformed monster. This monster is “destroyed” by the young boy and the good vampire who fell in love with the sister (I know, I really wish I remembered their names too).

So to recap. Young boy loves vampires and manages to contact one of them. This vampire is a good guy and falls in love with the boy’s sister. The sister is killed by this vampire’s enemy, who then goes through a transformation and turns into a monster. The young boy and friend vampire then destroy this bad guy/turned monster.

I read this book many years ago, that’s why I don’t remember a lot of details.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32027 comments Mod
Thanks for the clarification. I added a comma to the header.