What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children/YA - A rich man with exotic animal collection

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by HusKus (new)

HusKus | 2 comments It was a book that includes an eccentric rich man with a collection of exotic/fantastic animals. Maybe a private zoo. It was not a modern story. It takes place around 1900 or victorian era. The rich man is kind of a noble origin with mystery.

I read the book between 1987-1989, so it should be written before that date.. It was one of the first books I have read after learning to read. I can't remember much details, since it has been 30 years at least.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
HusKus ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 92 from two months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by HusKus (new)

HusKus | 2 comments bump!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Apr 09, 2020 05:14PM) (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
A guess - Doctor Wotsit's Zoo! by Felicia Law

(https://www.worldcat.org/advancedsear... > Keyword: zoo exotic ? | 1960-1989 ? | Juvenile | Book | English)

Fiction or non-fiction? Is it a picture book (about 32-48 pages) or chapter book with mostly words?

Can you give examples of the animals in this zoo?

How did the man become rich?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Doctor Wotsit's Zoo! (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Felicia Law (other topics)