Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > The Hardy Boys

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1245 comments Mod
Would anyone be interested in reading at least a few of The Hardy Boy books? I'm going to order The Tower Treasure (Book 1) from the library today, so if anyone else is intersted please indicate so below. Once we all secure a copy of our books we can start (target start date October 1ish).

message 2: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) | 17 comments I loved The Hardy Boys! Read my brother's copies until he demanded no more for his birthday. LOL Then I had to get them for myself. I'll participate if I can locate a copy (or 2 or 3) in time.

message 3: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1245 comments Mod
I just ordered my frome the library, the times here are really erratic, I could get it Sunday or in two weeks, I never know. I hope you'll be able to join me.

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) | 17 comments I’m ok whenever. I found it on an online trading site & ordered it today. Might take a week.

message 5: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1245 comments Mod
Martha wrote: "I’m ok whenever. I found it on an online trading site & ordered it today. Might take a week."

No rush.

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1184 comments I'll order it when I get my cheque

message 7: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1245 comments Mod
Awesome Linda! I'm looking forward to this.

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1452 comments Mod
I'm in and looking forward to it. I put a copy on hold so hope I get it soon.

message 9: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1245 comments Mod
Woots!

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1452 comments Mod
Picked up the book today.

message 11: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) | 17 comments I have my book now. It’s actually the first 2 in the series in one volume.

message 12: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1245 comments Mod
I got my book from the library yesterday. I'll open a thread for Book 1, The Tower Treasure, and when we're almost done we can see if anyone wants to go on with Books 2, The House on the Cliff.

message 13: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 2017 comments One of the biggest disappointments I heard about a lot when I was younger, was that my dad had a whole collection of Hardy Boys books when he was younger, but his mom ended up selling them or giving them away. He grew up in the 40’s and 50’s, so they probably would have been the rewritten ones like what we’re reading.

message 14: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1245 comments Mod
Bruce wrote: "One of the biggest disappointments I heard about a lot when I was younger, was that my dad had a whole collection of Hardy Boys books when he was younger, but his mom ended up selling them or givin..."

I had the entire set but mine were newer, from the 70s. I could kick myself for getting rid of them.

message 15: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 2017 comments I do still see good copies of 70’s editions in used bookstores. The thing with those is, they’re probably not as valuable unless you have the whole set. I got one for about $3 recently. I don’t like the weird 80’s-present glossy ones as much. There’s also the newer series of Hardy Boys that are only published in paperback.

message 16: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1245 comments Mod
We're wrapping up Book 1, anyone up for Book 2?

message 17: by Linda (new)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1184 comments I'm in

message 18: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 2017 comments I’m in.

message 20: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1245 comments Mod
I ordered my copy of book 2, The House on the Cliff from the library yesterday. I'm going to open the discussion and finish book 1 (behind again, as usual).

message 21: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) | 17 comments I’m always behind. :-)