Horror Aficionados discussion

Buddy Reads > Halloween Fiend

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 2797 comments Mod
Melanie and I will be doing a buddy read of Halloween Fiend Halloween Fiend by C.V. Hunt starting September 27. We'd love to have you join us. Halloween is the best holiday of the year. It's never to early to get in the spirit.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments It’s on kindle unlimited! I added it so I will try to read it and the one I still need to read that Tosh and Marie Read. Sigh.

message 3: by WendyB (new)

I hope it all works out, Melissa. Love to have you join us.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Thank you dear 😊💕🧟‍♀️🎃

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Woop woop! My Friday's your Thursday, see you then ;-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Whaaaaa.... it’s Friday here. Oh, you’re talking about the 27th 😂🤣

message 7: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10644 comments Mod
i have mine marked as lendable if anyone wants to borrow it. kindle version.

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen | 122 comments I'll join in!

message 9: by WendyB (new)

Welcome, Jen. :)
I hope it's a good read.

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] (howlinglibraries) | 86 comments I have this one and have been saving it for October, so I'm in!

message 11: by WendyB (new)

Welcome, destiny! :)
I'm so ready for October and everything Halloween.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Yasssss! Halloween everyday!! I bought all my Halloween stuff in freaking August. My Halloween shelves are full 😫. I have no more room for cool things.

I’m making wreaths now. Finished my creepy doll wreath and put it on the walk. Next is Michael Myers wreath abd Jason Voorhees wreath! Weeeeeeee 🤣😂🎃🍁🧟‍♀️

message 13: by WendyB (new)

I'm crocheting a pillow out of orange and black yarn. Too cute.
So ready to get out my spiders, ghosts, and zombies. But I'm trying to wait 'til next week.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments WendyB wrote: "I'm crocheting a pillow out of orange and black yarn. Too cute.
So ready to get out my spiders, ghosts, and zombies. But I'm trying to wait 'til next week."

I wish I could crochet. Sigh. I already have my friend back logged on regular things I want! You can always make extras so I can have some 😃🎃

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments WendyB wrote: "I'm crocheting a pillow out of orange and black yarn. Too cute.
So ready to get out my spiders, ghosts, and zombies. But I'm trying to wait 'til next week."

YEEESSSSS! A fellow horror nut who can also crochet! I'd love to see some pics Wendy.

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Yasssss! Halloween everyday!! I bought all my Halloween stuff in freaking August. My Halloween shelves are full 😫. I have no more room for cool things.

I’m making wreaths now. Finished my creepy ..."

Oooh, and a picture of your creepy doll wreath Melissa! There's not much decent halloween stuff here in NZ so I have to live vicariously through you guys :-)

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 454 comments I'll join! I love reads like this during my favorite time of year :)

message 18: by WendyB (new)

Welcome, Lisa!
I'm sure we'll all have a good time.

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments I just read the first chapter. Wow! Great start, and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

message 20: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 898 comments As a Limey I really don't get Halloween. To me it's only good because we get more decent TV programmes. However, trick or treat is regarded as a real pain in the arse in this country! Sorry.

message 21: by WendyB (new)

Steve wrote: "As a Limey I really don't get Halloween. To me it's only good because we get more decent TV programmes. However, trick or treat is regarded as a real pain in the arse in this country! Sorry."

Some how in the US, over the past few decades, Halloween went from being a children's holiday to something very adult oriented with parties and sexy costumes. Also true is that kids going door to door for candy isn't as safe as it once was so that has changed.

message 22: by WendyB (new)

Melanie wrote: "I just read the first chapter. Wow! Great start, and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up."

Can't wait. I'll start this afternoon.

paigeee [ a bookish brat ] (bratcraft) | 26 comments Can I still join?!

message 24: by WendyB (new)

paigeee [ a bookish brat ] wrote: "Can I still join?!"

Absolutely!! Welcome!

paigeee [ a bookish brat ] (bratcraft) | 26 comments Perfect, downloading now. :)

message 26: by M.E. (new)

M.E. | 405 comments Melanie wrote: "I just read the first chapter. Wow! Great start, and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up."

Good to hear! I have another 30% to go in one of my current books but am looking forward to starting this a day or two into October.

message 27: by WendyB (new)

Got the first two chapters read today... I really need more time to read.
Nice creepy feel so far. I already feel in a Halloween mood. I look forward to this time of year ALL year.

message 28: by Rob (new)

Rob | 2 comments WendyB wrote: "Steve wrote: "As a Limey I really don't get Halloween. To me it's only good because we get more decent TV programmes. However, trick or treat is regarded as a real pain in the arse in this country!..."

Not to mention that , like Christmas, Halloween has been commercialized to death.....

message 29: by WendyB (new)

I love the feel of this story. I want to know what the hell this 'Halloween' creature is and why people put up with it. (view spoiler)
And the town name, Strang. Anyone else want to pronouce it Strange? That would sure fit what's going on.

message 30: by Jen (new)

Jen | 122 comments Just started this and am looking forward to discussing it!

message 31: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments 54% through, (view spoiler)

message 32: by WendyB (new)

The festival is about to start and I have the feeling all hell is about to break lose.
Really enjoying this story so far. It keeps moving along. Not all the filler that so many stories have.

message 33: by WendyB (new)

Melanie wrote: "54% through, [spoilers removed]"

totally agree... I think 'Halloween' would like to know them better... bwahahahah!

paigeee [ a bookish brat ] (bratcraft) | 26 comments WendyB wrote: "I'm crocheting a pillow out of orange and black yarn. Too cute.

I tried learning how to crochet once, I sucked at it.
I love Halloween though. This is my most favorite time of the year.

message 35: by WendyB (new)

paigeee [ a bookish brat ] wrote: "WendyB wrote: "I'm crocheting a pillow out of orange and black yarn. Too cute.

I tried learning how to ..."

I was lucky that my grandmother taught me when I was only 6yo. My early efforts were less than inspiring. :) I've had a lot of practice since then. It helps me relax.

message 36: by WendyB (new)

Finished. This reads very quickly. I had to see how this ended. Great way to start the season.
It does leave several things unanswered that I've mentioned before (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments I’m going to start tonight or tomorrow!

message 38: by M.E. (new)

M.E. | 405 comments About a quarter of the way in so far. This is a fun one!

message 39: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments WendyB wrote: "Finished. This reads very quickly. I had to see how this ended. Great way to start the season.
It does leave several things unanswered that I've mentioned before [spoilers removed]"

I've finished too, the question about (view spoiler)

I thoroughly enjoyed this, Halloween isn't very big in NZ so it's a joy for me to share these reads with everyone here.

message 40: by WendyB (new)

Melanie, I think the lack of children is because (view spoiler)

message 41: by WendyB (new)

There are entire stores devoted to Halloween here. Costumes and decorations and party supplies, it's huge.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments I finished it! I loved the idea and therefore it got a 3 star. The animal stuff turned me off so there we have it. Short nd creepy!

message 43: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments WendyB wrote: "There are entire stores devoted to Halloween here. Costumes and decorations and party supplies, it's huge."

I know! I'm so jealous, but it's on my bucket list to go to the States for Halloween :-)

message 44: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 454 comments Just started...creepy and bleak so far - in a good way :) I want to tell the narrator to just flee the town.

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 454 comments On another note, there are a heck of a lot of typos/misspellings in this book...

message 46: by Jen (new)

Jen | 122 comments I thought this was a fun, quick read. Reminded me a little of Hex.

message 47: by M.E. (new)

M.E. | 405 comments I really enjoyed this one too. It was fun. It was great for kicking off October.

message 48: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 454 comments Jen wrote: "I thought this was a fun, quick read. Reminded me a little of Hex."

Jen, same here!