Horror Aficionados discussion

The Saturday Night Ghost Club
This topic is about The Saturday Night Ghost Club
Group Reads > October Group Read #1- The Saturday Night Ghost Club

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Latasha (last edited Sep 20, 2019 03:41AM) (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10681 comments Mod
giphy412e09e1d5ab852b.gif

The winner for our October group read is The Saturday Night Ghost Club. Remember to use spoiler tags where necessary when discussing this book.
Have a scary time!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments This sounds soooo good!! I put it on my Amazon Wishlist. I’m on a strict budget now and don’t know if I can pick it up but I will at some point!

message 3: by Latasha (new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "This sounds soooo good!! I put it on my Amazon Wishlist. I’m on a strict budget now and don’t know if I can pick it up but I will at some point!"

yeah i want to read it too but we'll see.

message 4: by Bob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bob | 32 comments God deal. I just got the book as part of a book club package. Should be a fun read. Anxious to see what others think.

Rachel Boni (midnightcreepreads) | 41 comments I have been wanting to check this out for a while now, looking forward to reading with you all!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Latasha wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "This sounds soooo good!! I put it on my Amazon Wishlist. I’m on a strict budget now and don’t know if I can pick it up but I will at some point!"

yeah i want to ..."

I will have to see if I can add the $7 into my budget. 🙄. I need to check thrift books too!

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 1 comments Can’t wait to read this book!

message 8: by Jamako (last edited Sep 23, 2019 06:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jamako (jann1k) | 160 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "This sounds soooo good!! I put it on my Amazon Wishlist. I’m on a strict budget now and don’t know if I can pick it up but I will at some point!"

I just finished it yesterday and can say, yes, it really is good.

message 10: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom | 5 comments I stumbled across Saturday Night Ghost Club at Target, so I snagged it and started reading last night!

message 11: by Feli (new) - rated it 3 stars

Feli (felifirefly) | 484 comments I have read it last month (on audio, because the book was ridiculously expensive over here 🤦🏻‍♀️) and am curious what everyone will think about it, so I will sneak in here to join the discussion :)

message 12: by Greg (new) - rated it 3 stars

Greg | 359 comments Same just finished the Audible version yesterday. I’ll chime in from time to time. My favorite character is definitely Jake’s father and while not really a main character my favorite scene involves him and his son and I’m sure you’ll all know it when you get to it.

Conor McGreevy (daft_goose) | 17 comments Currently listening to the Audible version. Narrator sounds like John Malkovich! It is a good story so far, surprised it is so short though

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5730 comments Mod
I have this one!

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma | 0 comments Going to buy this now. can't wait to read this one!

message 16: by Latasha (new)

Ok, I’ll listen to this one.

message 17: by Shane (last edited Sep 20, 2019 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shane Hawk (shanehawk) I listened to the Audible version as soon as I found this group and saw it voted for highly on the October poll. The narrator was great, the writing was vivid, and I really enjoyed it. After reading it, I found out the author also writes under the pseudonym, Nick Cutter. I really liked some books written by Cutter: Little Heaven and The Troop.

message 18: by Latasha (new)

Oh wow! I didn’t know that.

Becko | 41 comments Sounds very interesting. Going to get a copy from my library.

message 20: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany King (tifking73) | 80 comments This book looks sooo good. I can hardly wait to start reading it. Right now I’m about 20% of the way through “The Hunger” September Group Read, which I’m enjoying so far.

Melissa (melissa52572) | 79 comments I had a lot of fun w/ this one. It was a great road trip companion.

message 22: by Kym (new) - added it

Kym Roundtree | 5 comments Bought mine today! This is my first read with this group. I'm looking forward to it.

message 23: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Davis (portia2012) | 8 comments Sounds like a good read

message 24: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 880 comments Picking up my copy tomorrow, so hoping to join in!

Sally (reinesally) | 10 comments Ok. Just got it. Looking forward to it!

message 26: by Bob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bob | 32 comments What if u started reading early? I’m about hundred pages in & don’t really want to put it down. There are rules against this I’m sure..... 😇

Vanessa | 51 comments I found a copy at Dollar Tree, so it might be worth taking a look, if you live near one that gets Target overstock.

message 28: by Latasha (new)

Whoa!! I had no idea!

Sasha(SpookyxSasha) (spookyxsasha) | 32 comments I'd literally read this a week before it won the poll xD
Still looking forward to discussing it!!!

Christy (cmh85) | 3 comments i read this book in early september. i'm interested to see what other people think about it!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I was at our Dollar Tree the other day and they didn’t have if 😫 and my library doesn’t!! I wish I knew I would love it then I could add buying it into my budget 😕🤨

message 32: by Latasha (new)

I’ll scavenger around my area tomorrow & this weekend.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I know you’ll find it!! I’ll just have to wait.

message 34: by Latasha (new)

I don’t know. We don’t have a target so we’ll see.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments We have a target but I could just get it from Amazon, Target online or anywhere. I just can’t with my budget right now 😫. I wish they had it at my dollar tree then I could get it. Oh well, such is life

Conor McGreevy (daft_goose) | 17 comments I enjoyed this one. The story was sadder than I thought!

message 37: by Latasha (new)

I didn’t find it at my dollar tree but I have scouts out in the near by towns. 🤞🏻

message 38: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 880 comments The topic ran deeper than I expected.

message 39: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 880 comments Quote from page 3:

But the truth is a bloodhound. That's something I can tell you with certainty. The truth is the abandoned dog following you over sea and land, baying form barren clifftops, never tiring and never quitting, forever pining after you - and the day will come when that dog is on your porch, scratching insistently at your door, forcing you to claim it once again.

(On the next page) As a boy, I believed in monsters.

message 40: by Rev. Ravyn (new) - added it

Rev. Ravyn (revravyn) | 30 comments I chose to listen to this book this month since I am reading so many others. The first chapter grabbed my interest immediately. The writing is surgically sharp, precise and the story (so far) frighteningly fascinating. :)

~Ravyn

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5730 comments Mod
I am definitely reading this one--probably later next week. :)

message 42: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 880 comments Ravyn wrote: "I chose to listen to this book this month since I am reading so many others. The first chapter grabbed my interest immediately. The writing is surgically sharp, precise and the story (so far) frigh..."

*Surgically precise* - good one!! He keeps it up, too.

message 43: by Rev. Ravyn (new) - added it

Rev. Ravyn (revravyn) | 30 comments Hello Katy! Thanks and good to know! ;) I felt "surgically" fit rather well here. :) hehe

Katy wrote: "Ravyn wrote: "I chose to listen to this book this month since I am reading so many others. The first chapter grabbed my interest immediately. The writing is surgically sharp, precise and the story ..."

message 44: by Kym (new) - added it

Kym Roundtree | 5 comments I finished the book yesterday. It really was quite captivating through to the end.

message 45: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa | 460 comments Wow - I really loved this book. Beautifully written, great characters, and I loved the way that different times/stories were woven together. (view spoiler) This is a book that will stay with me.

message 46: by Lena (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena | 2378 comments Scribd has the audiobook! I think I can start tomorrow.

message 47: by Rev. Ravyn (new) - added it

Rev. Ravyn (revravyn) | 30 comments Sweet and they do indeed. Lena! I love all the lovely things at Scribd. :)

Lena wrote: "Scribd has the audiobook! I think I can start tomorrow."

message 48: by Lena (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena | 2378 comments I listened to this a bit yesterday, it has that Stephen King bullies-ate-my-childhood vibe.

message 49: by Lena (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena | 2378 comments I’m halfway through and nothing “spooky” has happened. It’s just a neurosurgeon remembering his childhood.

Chandler | 139 comments Lena wrote: "I’m halfway through and nothing “spooky” has happened. It’s just a neurosurgeon remembering his childhood."

I'm about 50ish pages in and I agree with you. It's not a long book, either...

« previous 1