What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Novel mystical stuff happen in it, there might be spoilers just a warning also my memories are trash so i don't know if all the information is accurate and i'll try to update when I remember stuff

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chizzay (new)

Chizzay Agu | 1 comments I read this book when i was still in high school so it's between the years of 2012-2016 I'm not quite sure what year.

here is generally what I can remember from the book but i'm worried i may be combining two stories so if this sounds familiar to you please let me know.

The main character is a girl she's a teenager. I think she may have been suicidal and tried to kill herself. there's a guy whose job was to watch her but he couldn't interfere with her life he had to wait till she got to the point of trying to kill herself then I think he appeared and stopped her from doing it she's sad about her life and stuff like she's fat and ugly or whatever. she makes some sort of deal with him i think. over the summer she tells her parents she's going to like science camp or math camp, some sort of camp. when she comes back she's a completely different person she's prettier and slimmer, that's because over the summer the guy like used some sort of powers to shape her or something. anyway she came back to school and the popular/mean girls are just like oh you changed/your still a loser. the guy from before pretends to be her boyfriend and picks her up from school in a cool car, i think it was red.
I know there's some sinister stuff afoot as well. like the guy works for someone else like a demon or a really bad guy or something i can't exactly remember. i think the girl owes them in some way cause the the main bad guy like threatens her family and her one friend and it's like he has this touch i think and if he touches them something will happen to them or something.

I don't even know if that made any sense. I read A LOT of books during the 4 years I was in high school and most them have become a blur. A lot of ya novel's are very similar and share the same themes so it's quite possible that i've got more than one one story mixed up in my head but I'm definitely more focused on the fact that the girl went off to camp and came back a different person because the guy did some magical stuff to her and it hurt.

message 2: by Fatima (last edited Sep 20, 2019 04:40AM) (new)

Fatima (fatimaahmad) | 29 comments Chizzay wrote: "I read this book when i was still in high school so it's between the years of 2012-2016 I'm not quite sure what year.

here is generally what I can remember from the book but i'm worried i may be c..."

Following (this sounds pretty interesting and I wanna know too...but unfortunately I can't help)

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33473 comments Mod
Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre seems to match your description.

(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com fantasy "young adult" suicidal summer camp pretty pretends demon)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mortal Danger (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ann Aguirre (other topics)