What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Romance/Drama: Woman is at fancy government party, possibly in foreign country. Group of terrorists show up to hold everybody hostage. Few years later MC has moved back to hometown & opened a bakery. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TwoCagedBirds (new)

TwoCagedBirds | 53 comments A woman is at this fancy government party at like a hotel or something. I think it was in a foreign country, but I'm not sure. Pretty sure the MC had some type of government job, but I don't remember what it was. She has to go to the bathroom. She's washing her hands when a group of terrorists storm into the building to hold everybody hostage. Cut to like 2 years later and she's moved back to her hometown and has opened up a bakery. We find out through a flashback, I think, that she had been pregnant at the beginning of the book and that she lost the baby, either because she got shot or just because of the stress, I can't remember. She ends up falling in love with a local guy and they all live happily ever after.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Bel Canto?

message 3: by TwoCagedBirds (new)

TwoCagedBirds | 53 comments No, but thanks for trying.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
TwoCagedBirds ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 92 from two months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 5: by TwoCagedBirds (new)

TwoCagedBirds | 53 comments Bump.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32361 comments Mod
TwoCagedBirds, any chance she opened/runs/owns a restaurant or diner - or definitely a bakery?

Is her life being threatened in the present time?
(I added a spoiler alert to the topic header because it sounds like her pregnancy might be a spoiler.)

message 7: by TwoCagedBirds (new)

TwoCagedBirds | 53 comments Kris, it might have been a restaurant or diner, but I was pretty sure it was a bakery. I don't remember if her life was in danger in the present time or not.

message 8: by TwoCagedBirds (new)

TwoCagedBirds | 53 comments Bump.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bel Canto (other topics)