The Bookaholics discussion

Reathon! > Readaton.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy, Group moderator 1 (new)

Lucy | 285 comments Hi all,
Karen suggested to get this group back up and running, to have a readaton. I assume people would like it to be on the weekend. But I don’t know what time, because everyone is in different countries. So please comment your ideas.

*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆* Will this be a 24 hour readathon or 48 hours?

What I’ve seen some groups do is they choose a time in the morning where they are e.g Friday 12:30pm AEST, and then they write the other common timelines that starts at 12:30pm from where they are.
E.g. Friday 2:30am GMT (UTC), Thursday 7:30pm PDT, Thursday 10:30pm EDT etc.

*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆* Maybe you can make a poll that states members to write their timelines and maybe the top 5 timelines will be used to tell members when the readathon will start.
This is only a suggestion, you don’t have to do this if you believe it’s too much work :)

message 4: by Lucy, Group moderator 1 (new)

Lucy | 285 comments Karen will you be a mod? ‘Coz seriously I need help. 😂

message 5: by Lucy, Group moderator 1 (new)

Lucy | 285 comments Please. 😂🤦‍♀️

*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆* Sure :) I'll help out
just letting you know I also mod two other groups so I'll try my best to help you out :)

message 7: by Lucy, Group moderator 1 (new)

Lucy | 285 comments You don’t have to! If you’re too busy. I wouldn’t want to interrupt anything!

*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆* No it's fine, I'll help out as much as I can. it's not fair that you have to run a whole group with no help :)

message 9: by Jake (new)

Jake Z What age group is this group made for? Also. I recommend "Greetings From Witness Protection" if you want a book that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

message 10: by Lucy, Group moderator 1 (new)

Lucy | 285 comments Hi Jake!
This group is for teens, mostly but really for everyone if you keep it PG.

message 11: by Lucy, Group moderator 1 (new)

Lucy | 285 comments Btw thanks for the book recommendation!

message 12: by Jake (new)

Jake Z No problem. Another good author is Jason Reynolds. He is a great author. I got to meet him once, and he was very nice.