Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

A Perfectly Imperfect Mom
This topic is about A Perfectly Imperfect Mom
Book Issues > My book linked to a random profile

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wilson | 3 comments Hi. I have three separat issues. Please let me know if I need to submit three separate posts.

1) My book, A Perfectly Imperfect Mom, is attached to a generic Michelle Wilson author. Can you attach it to my author page? This is my author page: ://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1567563...

2) Also- in an effort to add the book I somehow create two generic books of the same title. I didn't mean too- I was doing a search (or thought I was) and two books were added to my books. Can you delete them for me, please?

3) I published a children's book called Olive using my middle initial (Michelle E. Wilson). I was wondering if I can add that to my Michelle Wilson author profile.
Thank you!

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott 1. I moved it to your profile.

2. I marked the blank books for deletion. They should disappear after a day or so.

3. We can do one of two things: Add "Michelle Wilson" to the book as a secondary author, or change your profile to "Michelle E. Wilson". Because that book has the initial, it has to stay on record, but it is okay for your other books to have the more complete name.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wilson | 3 comments Scott, you're FAST! Thanks!

I think I'll keep book separate for now because it is a separate genre from my other books, and see if that poses a problem.

One last request: I posted on my page a few years ago the self-published blue book titled "The Perfect Mom." Since then, I removed the book from Amazon and used it in my traditionally published book A Perfectly Imperfect Mom. Is there a way to remove THE PERFECT MOM from my page? And can it be removed from Goodreads altogether?

I did the same thing with a book (that's not linked to my name currently but is mine) called THEM IN US: SEEING THE WOMEN OF THE BIBLE IN OURSELVES. That ebook is also no longer in existence. Is it possible to delete it from Goodreads as well?

Thanks!

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
Goodreads does not delete out-of-print books or editions. Please see https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/... and https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

However, if A Perfectly Imperfect Mom is an expanded/revised edition of The Perfect Mom, we can combine them and you can set A Perfectly Imperfect Mom as the default edition. That would hide the older versions from easy visibility.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wilson | 3 comments Sounds good. I went in, per the guidelines, and put that it was no longer available in the description. Thanks!

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Michelle wrote: "I went in, per the guidelines, and put that it was no longer available in the description."

Except that note should be added to the description, and should not replace it. I have edited accordingly.

I also combined the editions. You can now set either of the newer editions as the default. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...