Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Different edition / needs cover / date updated

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne (victoryediting) | 66 comments Hi!
I noticed a "new" edition was added to this book and shows the publication date as January 2019 and the publisher as Independent Publishing. The correct info, per Amazon, is Publisher: Victory Publishing; 2 edition (February 5, 2014), and the edition also needs a cover. If someone could fix that, I'd appreciate it. Also, is there way to mark a book as the "default" cover in search results and such? The blue cover is the older cover. The white cover is the newer one.

Thanks!

message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Sep 19, 2019 07:26AM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Anne wrote: "Hi!
I noticed a "new" edition was added to this book and shows the publication date as January 2019 and the publisher as Independent Publishing. The correct info, per Amazon, is Publisher: Victory ..."

Amazon lists pub date for this new edition as Jan 2019, and publisher as independently published- https://www.amazon.com/Pens%C3%A9es-C.... I've added the Amazon cover image.

Only the author or GR staff can set the default edition to something other than the most shelved/read edition.

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne (victoryediting) | 66 comments Hi, Cassandra,
Thanks! And that's weird. I'm the publisher, and I can assure you (and Amazon) that I didn't publish a new version in January. Well, scratch that. It probably has to do with changing from CreateSpace to KDP. Actually, that's exactly what it was--I just went and looked. Of note--that version was *never* for sale, so I'm not sure why it's listed on GR. But the publication date is definitely off, and Amazon won't let me edit it, probably because the book is unpublished. Not sure if there's anything to be done about that.