Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

What's Cooking? A Cookbook For Kids
Book Issues > RESOLVED: please help concolidating editions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T. (new) - added it

T. Finley | 231 comments The trouble started when I was searching the Goodreads database for the book Disney.Pixar Ratatouille What's Cooking? A Cookbook For Kids.
I was able to find a spiral bound edition of the book in the database
(ISBN13: 9781423105404)
However, my copy is a hardback, and the ISBN didn't match. There were no other editions listed, so I attempted to add one. However when I did, I was informed by Goodreads that the ISBN I typed in was already being used. So I did a search by ISBN and discovered a separate book entry. The title was correct, although the connection to the Ratatouille film was dropped, and the ISBN matched my copy
(ISBN13: 9781423112129)
However, the author section attributed the book to Family Fun Magazine, rather than the Walt Disney Company. Although Disney Press is still listed as the publisher.
My copy of the book has no indication of a connection to Family Fun Magazine, and the cover looks practically identical to the cover image shown in the database for the spiral bound book, so I don't really know what to make of all this.
Could you please look into the matter and see if the two entries can be concolidated into different editions of the same book? Feel free to contact me here if you need more information. Thank you.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16345 comments I have added cover and other missing information, and changed the author to Thomas Keller who wrote the introduction (a real name is always preferred over a corporation.) However I keep getting an error when I try to combine the editions.

message 3: by T. (new) - added it

T. Finley | 231 comments Scott wrote: "I have added cover and other missing information, and changed the author to Thomas Keller who wrote the introduction (a real name is always preferred over a corporation.) However I keep getting an ..."

Thank you for trying. I appreciate the effort.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16345 comments Combination worked this time.