2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Union Square (Gaslight Mystery, #21)
This topic is about Murder on Union Square
Murder on Union Square > Question N

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Any other topics you’d like to discuss? Your overall opinion of the story?

Phrynne | 601 comments I liked it. I enjoyed the humour behind Maeve and Gino's developing relationship. I liked the way Sarah and Frank worked together and also how Sarah's mother came to their aid in her usual fashion. All the regular characters were there plus a few from previous books and the story moved along well.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I thought there was more humor in this book than in the previous ones. I loved the discussion about Adelia Hawkes and her leading men..."six days a week and twice on Wednesdays and Saturdays".

I agree there was a light-heartedness about this story. Everyone in the group had a significant role here and I loved Gino’s escapades with the actresses. I thought it hilarious how he didn’t think he could talk about the “diddling” in front of the women. Honestly, Adelia’s sexual practices would be uncomfortable to talk about today! And, Frank’s inability to conceive of allowing his wife to do this was funny.

Nice installment, though I started to tire of all the theorizing.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments Sometimes the story does get bogged down with too many discussion about the case and what questions they're going to ask next.

Yeah, they give me brain cramps.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I'd like to see a little more investigating and not just interviewing. They could follow a suspect for some reason, or break into an apartment or home to get some much needed evidence. They seem to really depend on just asking questions and hoping they can trick the villain into finally giving them the info the need.