2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Union Square (Gaslight Mystery, #21)
This topic is about Murder on Union Square
Murder on Union Square > Question G

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
Who was your main suspect for Parnell Vaughn’s murder and why? Was it the same for Wylie Dinsmore’s murder?

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments My first suspect in Paul Vaughn's murder was Wylie Dinsmore. But when Dinsmore ended up dead, I changed my mind. I started wondering if Mr. Hawkes or his wife killed Vaughn and Dinsmore.

For some time, I thought it was Baxter. But, when Wylie turned up dead, that scarf turned me towards Adelia and I never left. And, I guessed that conniving Eliza was blackmailing her.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments The author tried to make us think that it took two people to tie Dinsmore to the chair while holding a gun to his head. I wasn't sold on that idea. I thought he may have had too much to drink and was unconscious at his desk when the murderer struck. I couldn't imagine Baxter and Adelia working together to kill someone. Also couldn't imagine Eliza working with anyone.

I thought it couldn’t be either of those pairs, too, Robin. My theory was Adelia convinced him to have “unusual” sex by tying him up so that turned out right.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Good call, Jonetta!