Bookshelf discussion

General Discussion > Next meeting

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments Hi there, I’m sorry for not having put up a suggestion for the next meeting or any of my book recommendations yet. My granddad is in hospital and I haven’t really found the time.
I’ll do as soon as I can. Feel free however to put in your book choices.

message 2: by Abdullah (new)

Abdullah Shams (shams3049) | 3 comments Mod
Hi,

I am currently reading "Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies" everyone is welcome to join in as the next pick.

I am certainly open to any other suggestion for the next meeting.

message 3: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments How about Saturday, Nov. 9th, 19:00 for the next meeting?
Hope that suits.
Katrin

message 4: by Abdullah (new)

works for me, Do we have a book finalized yet?

message 5: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments No, open for suggestions 😊

message 6: by Carla (new)

Carla | 2 comments I'll be there. Should we maybe go with something old school/classic since the date is fast approaching?

message 7: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments We could do, otherwise we’ll try what we did last time and everyone makes suggestions of books they’d recommend someone else to read and we’ll go from that list for future meetings. It has also been suggested not to pick one book for all but everyone chooses one that appeals to them from said list of recommendations for the next meeting.
We also need to decide on where to meet - open for suggestions here too 😊

message 8: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments So people, the next meeting is approaching fast and I hope to see lots of you there.
Quick reminder:
Saturday 9.11. at 19:30 in Labyrinth on Pontstr.
We won’t be discussing a particular book but I think it might be good if everyone would have a suggestion for a good read so that we can assemble our reading list.
Looking forward to seeing you all!

message 9: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments Sorry, 19:00!!!

message 10: by Carla (new)

Carla | 2 comments I won't be there tonight after all. In fact, probably not until after the 1st of the year. Sorry if there is any inconvenience.

message 11: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments What a pity. Hope you’ll get to join next year then 😊

message 12: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments What a fun evening! Thanks to everyone that came!
Next meeting on Friday, 13.12.19 at 19:00 at Bar Grotesk. The book to be read before then is “a short history of the world in 10 1/2 chapters” by Julian Barnes. Hope to see lots of people then.

message 13: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments Hope to see you tomorrow 😊

message 14: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments It was good fun tonight and we decided to have the next meeting at the same place again. So for Saturday, 18.01.20, we’ll be reading “I robot” by Isaac Asimov. We’ll meet at 19:00 at Bar Grotesk.
Hope to see you there!

message 15: by Abdullah (new)

I look forward to next meeting, Looking forward to reading “I robot” by Isaac Asimov.

message 16: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments Good morning, just to let anyone interested know that we’ll be reading „factfulness“ by Hans Rosling until the next meeting on 22.2.20 from 19:00 at Grotesk. Hope to see you there, but if you’re coming, give a shout in order to have a big enough table. Thanks!

message 17: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments I think we have to reschedule the next date. It’s Karneval and I for one won’t have a babysitter. The Saturday the week before was discussed as well, so I’d suggest changing to that one 18.2. Please let me know if that would work. If I don’t hear anything I’ll change it. Thanks.

message 18: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments It’s obvsl the 15.2. not the 18. sorry.

message 19: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments Right, table is rebooked. So anyone wanting to join, be at Grotesk on Saturday 15.2. at 19:00.

message 20: by Afigalfi (new)

Afigalfi | 15 comments please let me know if you're planning on coming on Saturday by tomorrow lunchtime. thanks!!