Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 97k Post-apocalyptic/AI-centered SciFi novel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seth (new)

Seth H (neutralrobot) | 2 comments Hi all, I've written the first draft of a novel and I'm looking for feedback. Machine Mind of God is a post-apocalyptic novel (approximately 97,000 words) centered around the advent of a new super-intelligent AI. The premise of the AI is used to explore issues around free will and control.

Influenced by Philip K. Dick and Thomas Pynchon. With the few readers I've had (friends), I've generally been a bit excited once they get about 1/3 of the way through because "now it's starting to get weird". Very much a first draft, but I intend to seek publication. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send the link. Thanks!

message 2: by Tito (new)

Tito Athano (bobspringett) | 144 comments Seth wrote: "Hi all, I've written the first draft of a novel and I'm looking for feedback. Machine Mind of God is a post-apocalyptic novel (approximately 97,000 words) centered around the advent of a new super-..."

Hi Seth,

Anyone inspired by Philip Dick has got to be worth looking at!

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't read any of the titles on your personal page. I have trouble remembering titles, but Ubix sticks in my mind, and another which features an android programmed to be like Abraham Lincoln. So much of his work revolved around 'What does it mean to be alive?'

I'd like to go through your manuscript. I've recently finished another that explores similar ideas. The working title was 'The Eerie Queen' by Paul Yoder, and I thoroughly recommend it when it is published.

I'm salivating already to look at yours!

Bob

message 3: by Seth (new)

Seth H (neutralrobot) | 2 comments Tito wrote: "Seth wrote: "Hi all, I've written the first draft of a novel and I'm looking for feedback. Machine Mind of God is a post-apocalyptic novel (approximately 97,000 words) centered around the advent of..."

Great! Thanks, Bob, I'll send a message.

For me, PKD wrote a handful of nearly "must-read" books. VALIS and The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch are the ones that come straight to mind. Though I think that The Man in the High Castle and The Transmigration of Timothy Archer are both better written in terms of prose quality. Reading through his collected short stories is also a very wild ride.

message 4: by Tito (new)

Tito Athano (bobspringett) | 144 comments Seth wrote: "Tito wrote: "Seth wrote: "Hi all, I've written the first draft of a novel and I'm looking for feedback. Machine Mind of God is a post-apocalyptic novel (approximately 97,000 words) centered around ..."

my email is bspringett@iprimus.com.au

message 5: by Shari (new)

Shari Damewood | 8 comments Hi, Seth. I'm interested. Shoot me an email and we can talk about it. :-)