What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Silver (Sarabeth, #1)
This topic is about Silver
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Middle School book about an American girl. Contemporary between 1990-93. Cover featured girl with bare feet. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by An (new)

An Ea | 3 comments Pre-teen / YA book was in circulation at a middle school library in NC (USA). I read it sometime between 1990 and 1993. Therefore, it was a book in print / 'dead tree' book. Contemporary at that time, not a classic or older book. Fiction, written in English. Cannot recall the title or author. Main character was a pre-teen American girl.

Mostly remember the cover of the book. It was an image of a young girl sitting with her legs bent at the knee (not criss-cross, but I believe pulled up toward her chest). She was wearing jeans, and had bare feet. The part I remember most strongly is the bare feet, because the image was cropped and didn't show a face or head. To the best of my recollection, the image and cover were in black-and-white. This has always led me to think that the title MAY have had the word "Silver" in it...but I am not certain at all.

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5081 comments Do you remember anything about the plot?
Could it be Silver by Norma Fox Mazer?

message 3: by An (new)

An Ea | 3 comments Yes, by golly I believe that is it! It looks familiar...even though I don't remember the storyline to be able to say that for sure. I do believe that is the book jacket! Thank you so much! It seems like looking up the title Silver online would have been simple enough...but I have searched online so much and even spent at least 1/2 hour on the phone with our main library today without ever finding this simple title!! LOL

message 4: by An (new)

An Ea | 3 comments SOLVED. Silver by Norma Fox Mazer

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5081 comments Wonderful! Glad I could help.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Silver (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Norma Fox Mazer (other topics)