AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

Q&A with Soraya M. Lane

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Soraya (new)

Soraya Lane | 76 comments I thought today I'd do a short Q&A wiht the questions I'm asked most often by readers, and at the end there is a giveaway! You can choose either a copy of The Girls of Pearl Harbor, or my other historical women's fiction release from this year, The Spitfire Girls.

If there are any other questions you'd like to ask me, please leave a question in the comments and I'll check in throughout the day.

Where do I write?
Well, technically I should be at my desk writing all day, but I end up moving all around the house. If I'm editing, I do stay in my office as I like to work on my large desktop computer screen, but when I'm well into the drafting of a story, I move all around with my laptop, and often end up on the sofa or at the kitchen table in the sun. On Friday's I love saying goodbye to my boys (hubby takes them to school that day) and then snuggling up in bed and writing from there for a few hours. I actually seem to do my most productive writing from bed!

What is my favorite book I've ever written?
This is a really hard one to answer! It's kind of like choosing a favorite child. The short answer is that I usually love the one I'm currently working on the most, but when I really think about it, I have two favorites - The Girls of Pearl Harbor and Hearts of Resistance. I've already mentioned that The Girls of Pearl Harbor was like a movie playing through my mind, and it was a story I was desperate to tell, and I just love the final book. And the other, well, it was the hardest to write. It took a lot out of me emotionally writing Hearts of Resistance, and it was tough going to write some of the scenes, but I love the story I created.

Favorite authors?
This is something I'm asked a lot, and there are so many authors I love! For historical fiction, my fav ever book is probably The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simmons, and I also love some of Lesley Pearce's older titles, as well as books by Australian author Belinda Alexandra and fellow Lake Union authors Jane Healey and Ella Carey. My recent discovery is Lucinda Riley, and I adore her Seven Sisters series, and I also love anything by Liane Moriaty when I'm in the mood for domestic suspense.

Will any of my books ever be made into a film/tv series?
I want this as much as my readers want this! The good news is that I have a film agent who's trying very hard to make this happen, and a wonderful producer who's also trying very hard to produce one of my books. But it's just a waiting game, and I really hope something happens in that department one day!

When will your next book be released?
I don't have a definite date yet, but it is tentatively scheduled for July/August 2020. More info to come before the end of the week.

All you need to do to go in the draw to win a copy of either The Girls of Pearl Harbor or The Spitfire Girls is to comment below, or comment on another post from this week. Winner can choose the book they want and the format (kindle or paperback), open for worldwide entries.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol | 87 comments Thanks for sharing about your self. You are new to
me so it is nice to get to know you.
Both your books 📚 look and sound inviting. Love
to read about the women in that time period.
🍁🌻🍂🍁🌻🍂🍁🌻🍂🍁

message 3: by Dyana (new)

Dyana | 189 comments Iit would be a pleasure to win a book from you!

message 4: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (grannylovestoread) | 132 comments Thanks. Your books sound so good. Can't wait to read them!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (drpowell) | 376 comments Came a little late to the party, but I have really enjoyed your books and I just signed up for your newsletter. Keep writing interesting stories about strong women!

message 6: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Sanchez (eileenharrisonsanchez) | 59 comments Your books are calling me! Historical fiction is my favorite genre and women’s stories in early to mid 20th century speak to me. The variety of your own reading interests begs this question- how do you find time to read?