YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Nightmares and Dreamscapes
This topic is about Nightmares and Dreamscapes
BUDDY READ: Horror/Thriller > Nightmares & Dreamscapes by Stephen King - Starting October 7th 2019

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7797 comments A solitary finger pokes out of a drain. Novelty teeth turn predatory. Flies settle and die on an old pair of sneakers in New York, and the Nevada desert swallows a Cadillac. Meanwhile the legend of Castle Rock returns . . . and grows on you. What does it all mean? What else could it mean? First there was Night Shift (1978), then Skeleton Crew (1985), and now Stephen King is back with a third collection of stories--a vast, many-chambered cave of a volume, with passages leading every which way to hell . . . and a few to glory.

The long reach of Stephen King's imagination and the no-holds-barred force of his storytelling have never been so richly demonstrated. There's something here for readers of every stripe and predilection--classic tales of the macabre and the monstrous, cutting-edge explorations of the borderlands between good and evil, brilliant pastiches of Chandler and Conan Doyle, even a teleplay and a non-fiction bonus, a heartfelt piece of Little League baseball that first appeared in The New Yorker.

In story after story, several published here for the first time, he will take you to places you've never been before, places that are both dark and vividly illuminated. Fair warning: You will lose a good deal of sleep. But Stephen King, writing to beat the devil, will do your dreaming for you.

Can you believe? Then come . . .

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7797 comments Read a few of these over the weekend. Not my favorites! Think the order is all weird given on the edition I'm reading from the library...

Suffer the Little Children - (view spoiler)
Crouch End - (view spoiler)
Rainy Season - (view spoiler)
Dolan's Cadillac - (view spoiler)

Abby | 5454 comments Dolan's Cadillac: (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7797 comments Abby wrote: "Dolan's Cadillac: [spoilers removed]"

This one was not my favorite. I'm glad it worked out for him in the end but OMG this one alone was so dang long I thought it would never end ;)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7797 comments The House on Maple Street - (view spoiler)
You Know They Go a Hell of a Band - (view spoiler)
The End of the Whole Mess - (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7797 comments The Fifth Quarter - (view spoiler)
Head Down - (view spoiler)
Brooklyn August - (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7797 comments Umney's Last Case  - (view spoiler)
The Doctor's Case  - (view spoiler)
The Night Flier  - (view spoiler)
Popsy - (view spoiler)
It Grows On You - (view spoiler)
Chattery Teeth  - (view spoiler)
The Moving Finger  - (view spoiler)
Sneakers  - (view spoiler)
Home Delivery - (view spoiler)
Dedication - (view spoiler)
My Pretty Pony  - (view spoiler)
Sorry, Right Number  - (view spoiler)
The Ten O'Clock People  - (view spoiler)

Somehow someway I made it, I doubt I’ll be reading more of his work if this is anything to go by. Some of these stories were painful and while I appreciate good detail there was just too much unnecessary information that took pages and pages that made me want to stab myself lol.

Abby | 5454 comments The Moving Finger: (view spoiler)

Abby | 5454 comments Sorry Right Number: (view spoiler)

The Doctor's Case: (view spoiler)