YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Scream All Night
This topic is about Scream All Night
BUDDY READ: Horror/Thriller > Scream all Night by Derek Milman - Starting October 20th, 2019

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7424 comments A darkly hilarious contemporary realistic young adult novel about growing up and finding your place in the world, perfect for fans of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl and Running With Scissors.

Dario Heyward knows one thing: He’s never going back to Moldavia Studios, the iconic castle that served as the set, studio, and home to the cast and crew of dozens of cult classic B-horror movies. It’s been three years since Dario’s even seen the place, after getting legally emancipated from his father, the infamous director of Moldavia’s creature features.

But then Dario’s brother invites him home to a mysterious ceremony involving his father and a tribute to his first film—The Curse of the Mummy’s Tongue. Dario swears his homecoming will be a one-time visit. A way for him to get closure on his past—and reunite with Hayley, his first love and costar of Zombie Children of the Harvest Sun, a production fraught with real-life tragedy—and say good-bye for good. But the unthinkable happens—Dario gets sucked back into the twisted world of Moldavia and the horrors, both real and imagined, he’s left there.

With only months to rescue the sinking studio and everyone who has built their lives there, Dario must confront the demons of his past—and the uncertainties of his future. But can he escape the place that’s haunted him his whole life?

message 2: by Farren (new) - added it

Farren (mmmcookies) | 357 comments I'm almost done with Part 1 and having a bit of trouble getting into the story 😞

message 3: by Farren (new) - added it

Farren (mmmcookies) | 357 comments I forgot to update my progress, but that's okay because I have a third of the book left and still have no thoughts on it. It's just very meh to me.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7424 comments Oh no I hope it gets better! Hoping to start this one within a few days myself but I'm so behind who knows lol

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7424 comments Almost missed out but I’m starting this now. Not sure what to expect!

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7424 comments 28% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7424 comments 54% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7424 comments Farren wrote: "I forgot to update my progress, but that's okay because I have a third of the book left and still have no thoughts on it. It's just very meh to me."

I see what you mean. This book is nothing like what I thought it'd be and in fact every chapter I like it less and less, it'll be a struggle finishing but I'm determined :(

message 9: by Farren (new) - added it

Farren (mmmcookies) | 357 comments I haven't felt like picking it back up but I'm pretty far in so I will as soon as I get my "good books" finished. That sounds terrible but the ones I'm currently reading are just so much more interesting, and I already feel bad for falling behind on The Bone Houses.

I think the author struggled to figure out what kind of book he was going for. I think Ciller Cauliflower was supposed to be a really funny part of the story, but it kinda failed in that department. I did get a chuckle out of Selena Gomez Beiberman though!

message 10: by ❀ Crystal ✿ - (last edited Nov 04, 2019 04:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7424 comments Yeah I will admit parts are funny but the execution is all wrong. And in no way do I feel bad for his brother or father, I'm sorry that's child abuse the way they treated him both physically and mentally. At times it feels like the author wants us to sympathize with these people when there's nothing redeemable about them. I mean his brother tells him he enjoyed watching him get abused, as he was jealous. Ummm what smh.
Honestly I just need to finish this and move on with my life, probably have to go to therapy lol It's nothing like I was expecting and it's more a psychological mess than anything else.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7424 comments 76% (view spoiler)

80% (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

message 12: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9105 comments End of part 1 (view spoiler)

message 13: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9105 comments ch 10 (view spoiler)

message 14: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9105 comments End of part 2 (view spoiler)
finished (view spoiler) Kind of a weird story and not what I thought it would be.