What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Mystery/thriller/horror fiction book main character finds himself at this weird house in a remote location and at one point tries to run away down the road, but somehow always ends up back at the house even if he tries to run away from it

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Smith | 3 comments I remember one plot element was that the (male) main character finds himself at this weird house in a remote location and at one point tries to run away down the road, but somehow always ends up back at the house even if he tries to run away from it. As I recall, this happened toward the middle/end of the book, after many other events I don't remember had already happened. Unfortunately I don't remember much else about this book, though as I recall after the main character tries to run away and somehow is prevented from doing so, someone else gets killed inside the house. Again I have not read this in many years, so my memory of it is very fuzzy. I seem to remember the book cover having a lot of white on it...again I may well be wrong about some of this, so take what I have said with a grain of salt.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1532 comments It's not YA but possibly The Haunting of Hill House?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
J.P., please put some of those plot details into your topic header. This helps the people searching for your book.

message 4: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Smith | 3 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "J.P., please put some of those plot details into your topic header. This helps the people searching for your book."

Done, sorry about that.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Sep 21, 2019 02:38PM) (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
J.P., around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help us narrow down the search.

Can you tell us more about the main character - e.g., his age, job/skills/interests, marital status, etc.?

Is this book for older adults or teens (young adults)?

Can you describe the house, what it looks like (e.g., large Victorian mansion, ultramodern 2 storey, etc.)?

What is the story's time period and location (e.g., realistic Earth country/region/city or fantasy world)?

message 6: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Smith | 3 comments Around what year? I would say 2007 at the latest. I was born in 1995, so probably 2001 at the earliest. Again as I recall this was for young adults. It may have been one of the Goosebumps books since I read those a lot back then but I am skeptical of this possibility since I don't think the cover of the book from what I can remember matched with those of Goosebumps books. I can't really describe the house more though as I recall the main character is a male high school student (or at least about that age). I also recall it taking place in a pretty realistic American setting (not a fantasy world).