Promoting Picture Books discussion

Tell us about your picture book!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 201 (201 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Gia (new)

Gia Saulnier (giazzpet) | 72 comments Mod
What's it about? What's the age range? Are you the author? The illustrator? Share here!

message 2: by Gia (new)

My book is called Journey to Jazzland by Gia Volterra De Saulnierwhich is about a Flute named Windy who gets bored in Orchestra one day and wants to learn more about jazz. I'm the author!

message 3: by Jaimi (new)

Jaimi (jaimiilama) | 3 comments My book series is called "The Rescue Me" series. The first book is called "A Pup's Tale". It is about a Border Collie named Dru who was brought to a Rescue specifically for Border Collies because his owners knew that he would be able to stay at the rescue until he finds the perfect family. Throughout the story you see the friends he meets there, and the families that take him home but never seem to want him for very long. Yet Dru always keeps a positive attitude and never gives up believing that one day a family will come and love him forever. I am both the author and publisher. There are four other books in the series.

message 4: by Ummu (new)

Ummu Shahzeb (UmmuShahzeb) | 4 comments I would like to share my latest picture book with you. It is entitled Landak (Porcupine). It is a Malay-English bilingual board book with touch-and-feel features. It is about Porcupine, who wishes it has a different type of body covering, just like what the other animals have. Landak
It will be released in my country, Singapore, mid this month (November 2014).

To find out more, you may reach me at babyncapbooks@yahoo.com.

Thank you for this wonderful group!

message 5: by Jaimi (new)

Jaimi (jaimiilama) | 3 comments Ummu wrote: "I would like to share my latest picture book with you. It is entitled Landak (Porcupine). It is a Malay-English bilingual board book with touch-and-feel features. It is about Porcupine, who wishes ..."

Jaimi wrote: "My book series is called "The Rescue Me" series. The first book is called "A Pup's Tale". It is about a Border Collie named Dru who was brought to a Rescue specifically for Border Collies because..."

Dear Ummu,

Your book sounds wonderful! I love porcupines. I would love to see it. How exciting for you. A Pup’s Tale is still in the works. We will be printing it on-demand so I am trying to do my research from other authors, like yourself, so I would love to know how you promote your books and how you reach your target audience.

I look forward to hearing from you and everyone else in this group.

Jaimi

message 6: by Ummu (last edited Nov 05, 2014 10:34PM) (new)

Ummu Shahzeb (UmmuShahzeb) | 4 comments Hi Jaimi!

Thank you! I will post some pictures of the book here when it's ready.

Singapore is a small country so I could just approach different bookshops to sell my books. Other than that, I did a book launch, got myself featured in the local newspaper, and have a facebook page. I have yet to approach distributors. My next step is to apply for some local literary awards, and maybe in future be recognised in South-East Asia.

How does print-on-demand work?

Ummu Shahzeb

message 7: by Gia (last edited Nov 07, 2014 02:42AM) (new)

Jaimi wrote: "My book series is called "The Rescue Me" series. The first book is called "A Pup's Tale". It is about a Border Collie named Dru who was brought to a Rescue specifically for Border Collies because..."
Thanks for responding, I was offline a lot yesterday. I believe that Print on demand works when someone wants to order your book (via Amazon or other sources of where your book is published) to then be created and then sold. Do let me know if you think I need to research it more.

message 8: by Gia (new)

Ummu wrote: "I would like to share my latest picture book with you. It is entitled Landak (Porcupine). It is a Malay-English bilingual board book with touch-and-feel features. It is about Porcupine, who wishes ..."
Welcome to the group! Thanks for letting us know about your book!

message 9: by Gia (new)

Jaimi wrote: "My book series is called "The Rescue Me" series. The first book is called "A Pup's Tale". It is about a Border Collie named Dru who was brought to a Rescue specifically for Border Collies because..." Welcome! It sounds cute!

message 10: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Body | 10 comments Hi :)

here's a link to the books I have written and illustrated,

A Sheep Named Breakfast
A Sleep for Breakfast ( a sheep counting book)
Granddads Fish Tank
and
S is for Science

check out and rate if you feel inclined :)

also have a great day!

http://sweetadz.wix.com/the-art-of-ad...

message 11: by Ummu (new)

Ummu Shahzeb (UmmuShahzeb) | 4 comments Adrienne wrote: "Hi :)

A Sheep Named Breakfast
Granddads Fish Tank
and
S is for Science

check out and rat..."

Hi, Adrienne!

Thank you for sharing with us about your lovely books! Your Granddads Fish tank book cover looks like my Corak Duniaku book! =) I wish you success!

Ummu Shahzeb

message 12: by Gia (new)

Adrienne wrote: "Hi :)

A Sheep Named Breakfast
Granddads Fish Tank
and
S is for Science

check out and rat..."

Very cute! I shared on the fan page!

message 13: by Roitman (new)

Roitman Trillo (roitman_trillo) | 1 comments Hello everyone!

I just published my fifth children's picture book "Thankful For Today".

My book was inspired by the prayers of my three year old and celebrates the little blessings in the life of a child.
Here is a link to it:
Thankful For Today: Little Bear Series

message 14: by Gia (new)

Welcome! Thanks for telling us about your book!

message 15: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Body | 10 comments Naw that's really lovely Roitman, great stuff!

Roitman wrote: "Hello everyone!

I just published my fifth children's picture book "Thankful For Today".

My book was inspired by the prayers of my three year old and celebrates the little blessings in the life ..."

message 16: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Body | 10 comments hehe it does too... you know what they say about great minds lol ;)

Ummu wrote: "Adrienne wrote: "Hi :)

A Sheep Named Breakfast
Granddads Fish Tank
and
S is for Science

..."

message 17: by DK (new)

DK Simoneau (dksimoneau) Santa's (Zany, Wacky, Just Not Right!) Night Before Christmas by D.K. SimoneauD.K. Simoneau We're Having A Tuesday by DK Simoneau

Hi.......I have two children's picture books published. And........one of them, "We're Having A Tuesday" is on Giveaway promotion until January 11th. It is a book that helps kids that live in split family situations because of divorce. Check them both out! Reviews are always appreciated! I can provide pdf copies if you really want to review them. Thanks!

message 18: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Body | 10 comments I would love to review "we're having a Tuesday" DK it looks really great, and something lots of kids these days could use some help with I'm sure. ( I haven't figured out how to message people on good reads yet lol sorry)

DK wrote: "Santa's (Zany, Wacky, Just Not Right!) Night Before Christmas by D.K. SimoneauD.K. SimoneauWe're Having A Tuesday by DK Simoneau

Hi.......I have two children's picture b..."

message 19: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Body | 10 comments I have giveaways running too, for two of my books
S Is for Science
and
Granddad's Fish Tank

there are links to the giveaways on the books' pages

:)

message 20: by Charlotte (last edited Jan 10, 2015 03:53PM) (new)

Charlotte (Charlotte_Riggle) My book is "Catherine's Pascha: A Celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church." I'm the author. I have a fabulous illustrator.

It sounds redundant to say that the book is about celebrating Easter -- but that's what it's about. Or, more to the point, it's one little girl's take on celebrating Easter. The whole book is told in her words.

In the Orthodox Church, we celebrate Easter in the middle of the night -- the service starts around 11:30 pm, and it's full of candles and processions, incense and bells. And the service is followed by a huge party!

I think that Catherine's Pascha will be of interest, not only to Orthodox Christian families, but also to teachers who use holidays to introduce their students to diverse traditions. I'm not quite sure how to market to schools -- but I'm working on it!

The website for the book is www.catherinespascha.com. The facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/CatherinesPa....

Age range: 4 to 12. It's a simple story, but the depth and complexity that the illustrations bring to the story makes it suitable for children who are usually considered "too old for picture books." Although, I have to say, I think parents and teachers often push kids out of picture books too soon. Fabulous picture books are fabulous books, and I don't see any reason not to read them myself!

message 21: by Gia (new)

Very cool! Feel free to post it up on the fan page http://www.facebook.com/promotingpict...

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Milius (AuthorJenniferMilius) | 3 comments I wrote the Einstein and Moo picture book series because I love animals and wanted to share that love with children. The series is about two black-and-white, brother and sister kitties who are playful, curious, friendly, and have many interesting adventures.
Einstein and the Leaf by Jennifer MiliusEinstein and the Leaf (book 1 of series) is about a perfect fall day with children playing outside in the leaves while Einstein watches from inside. When the children come in and a few leaves come along with them, Einstein sees his moment and is ready to play!
Moo and the Case of the Mistaken Identity by Jennifer MiliusMoo and the Case of the Mistaken Identity (book 2 of series) is about Moo playing with a little ball that bounces against a glass fireplace when she notices a shadow. Who could this be? She must determine if she sees herself or another kitty.

Because the stories are about my real-life kitties, I wanted the illustrations to capture their personalities and reflect love. Meredith Hancock, my illustrator, is amazing and so talented because she achieved both!!

The website for the series is www.jennifermilius.com. The Facebook pages are www.facebook.com/EinsteinandMoo and www.facebook.com/AuthorJenniferMilius. If you would like to follow on Twitter, it is www.twitter.com/EinsteinandMoo and www.twitter.com/AuthorJenMilius

message 23: by Lena (last edited Feb 11, 2015 10:22AM) (new)

Lena Goldfinch (Lena_Goldfinch) | 2 comments Hi, all,

I just released my first picture book, HAPPY, for toddlers, and am looking for ideas for book promotion.

Is anyone having success with kids picture books for Kindle? I haven't released this title in print yet, but plan to soon.

Thanks!
Lena
Happy by Lena Goldfinch
review copies available :)

message 24: by Gia (new)

Lena wrote: "Hi, all,

I just released my first picture book, HAPPY, for toddlers, and am looking for ideas for book promotion.

Is anyone having success with kids picture books for Kindle? I haven't released ..."

Cute!

message 25: by Lena (new)

Lena Goldfinch (Lena_Goldfinch) | 2 comments Thanks, Gia!

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Lane | 1 comments I recently released my first picture book. I 'm excited about finally getting one of my stories out there! It's nice to join the group. Thanks:) Here's a link if you're interestedhttp://www.kathylaneauthor.com/

P.S. I review PICTURE BOOKS on my blog. Let me know if you want a review. http://thewriteplace1.blogspot.com/p/...

Thanks, Kathy Lane

message 27: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Krise | 1 comments I am so excited to find this group. Many seemed so daunting with many members. I was reading all of your posts and I think I have finally found a perfect group. I just recently released some books for the kindle and am also working on 2 of them, "The Alphabet in my Home" and "Princess Ava and the Big Blue Bubble" with print on demand, too. Any advice anyone has would be wonderful.

message 28: by Gia (new)

Desiree wrote: "I am so excited to find this group. Many seemed so daunting with many members. I was reading all of your posts and I think I have finally found a perfect group. I just recently released some boo..." aw you are so welcome - feel free to join the fan page too if u like :)

message 29: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Body | 10 comments Hi Desiree. I know what you mean about finding good groups... so many are a bit overwhelming and just people pushing rather than helping each other out :)

Desiree wrote: "I am so excited to find this group. Many seemed so daunting with many members. I was reading all of your posts and I think I have finally found a perfect group. I just recently released some boo..."

message 30: by Gia (new)

Kathy wrote: "I recently released my first picture book. I 'm excited about finally getting one of my stories out there! It's nice to join the group. Thanks:) Here's a link if you're interestedhttp://www.kathyl..." Ooh wow, that's great! Let me know if you are ok if I post this up on the fan page as well.

message 31: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Woodward (CherylWoodwardAuthor) | 3 comments My books are both concept picture books, ages 2-7. Bountiful Butterflies and Phoebe and the Upside Down b. You can find out more about me and link to my books on my website at http://www.cherylwoodward.com

Thank you!

message 32: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (BonnieFerrante) | 54 comments SWINGING WITH THE PLANETS
Sing the Planets Book Review
Five stars. By Barbara Ann Mojica on April 28, 2015
A different and innovative approach to introduce the planets of our solar system to children. Wish I had this book when I was teaching the solar system to third grade students. This author combines beautiful photos of the planets with multicultural drawings of children. Instead of simply presenting information, readers are provided with a story about the mythological background behind the name of each planet. The author distinguishes between the inner and outer planets and explains the features which make them different. Each planet is assigned different notes and a musical song that can be sung to the tune of “Alouette.” Drawings indicate a unique movement associated with each planet like hugging yourself, flapping arms like wings or spinning around. Children can feel themselves moving in space as the planets do. The information is up to date; Pluto is no longer classified a planet. Some children remember better with a word rhyme so Ms. Ferrante suggests the sentence, My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Noodles as a mnemonic to remember the planetary names. At the end of the book, a glossary redefines and elaborates on all scientific terminology mentioned in the text.

Such a wealth of knowledge packed into 35 pages. Younger children will enjoy looking at the photos and performing the gestures. Older students will expand their knowledge base of the solar system.
A child will be able to use this book over and over again for a number of years. Recommended for children ages five and up. Also a great family or classroom group activity!
http://amzn.com/1928064132
Sing the Planets

message 33: by Gia (new)

Bonnie wrote: "SWINGING WITH THE PLANETS
Sing the Planets Book Review
Five stars. By Barbara Ann Mojica on April 28, 2015
A different and innovative approach to introduce the planets of our solar system to childr..."
Wow! Congrats!

message 34: by angela (new)

angela  (Angelatt) | 1 comments Gia wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I recently released my first picture book. I 'm excited about finally getting one of my stories out there! It's nice to join the group. Thanks:) Here's a link if you're interestedhtt..."

Congratulations.

message 35: by Alex (last edited May 20, 2015 09:14PM) (new)

Alex | 4 comments My book From Aries: Memories of a Little Bird is about a cockatiel that tells her story by memories. I'd say it's for children age 4-8. It's a book to help young children understand and cope with the loss of a beloved pet. I'm both the author and illustrator. And yeah, that's pretty much it. :)

message 36: by N. (new)

N. Cox (naladiscovers) | 5 comments My book is called Nala and the Gala. It's about a young girl who visits an apple orchard and discovers the many different types of apples. On her journey she also notices the different colors of the fall trees and compares them to the different color apples. Nala and the Gala

http://amzn.com/B00YDDS96W

message 37: by N. (new)

message 38: by Richard (new)

Richard Ward (RichardWard) | 2 comments Hello everyone! My name is Richard J. Ward, author and illustrator of children's picture books. My books are equipped of important lessons that every child must learn. It would mean a lot to me if you could take a look at my books and leave a review. You can read the first few pages of my first book, The Hermit and the Time Machine. Thank you and have a great day!

The Hermit and the Time Machine by Richard J. Ward The Haunted Abbey by Richard J. Ward

message 39: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Watts | 2 comments Oh la laaa! So many gorgeous books. What medium did everyone use? Mine was watercolor! Also, lots of them featuring an animal lead! Allow me to toss my book in the mix. It's called Frank N' Goat, and it's the story of Frankenstein and his best friend, a goat. I illustrated and also wrote it (lordy that took a long time). It's more of a storybook for immature adults, and mature-ish kids.

It's also part of a GoodRead's Giveaway, if you'd like to enter to snag one of 5 copies :) If you'd like to see the site, the link is below.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

www.frankandgoat.com

http://www.amazon.com/Frank-Goat-Tale...

Keep those lovely books coming!

message 40: by BC (last edited Jun 16, 2015 08:01PM) (new)

BC Dee (BCDee123) | 5 comments I love being in the company of creative people--hurray for all of your books :-D

I have two books to tell you about:
The Girl Who Drank the Moon: a rhyming picture book and
The Hiccupopotamus

They are both rhyming verse stories. The first is about the reciprocity of true friendship portrayed by a little girl and the moon. The second pokes fun at the ubiquity of advice from strangers whenever you have the hiccups as a bunch of African animals counsel a baby hippopotamus.

I have two more coming out in six weeks--one is a counting book, and the other is a story in prose.

I would really appreciate it if you would like to review my book. Let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Best to you all,

Bryan
The Girl Who Drank the Moon a rhyming picture book by BC Dee and
The Hiccupopotamus by B.C. Dee

message 41: by Gia (new)

Alex wrote: "My book From Aries: Memories of a Little Bird is about a cockatiel that tells her story by memories. I'd say it's for children age 4-8. It's a book to help young children understand..." looks great!

message 42: by N. (new)

N. Cox (naladiscovers) | 5 comments Hello!
My children's series is called Nala Discovers. Nala Discovers is a series of books about a young girl named Nala with a passion for life and the ability to see the beauty in the simple things in life. As soon as she opens her bedroom door the adventures begin. The first book in the series is Nala and the Gala

The book is available on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Nala-Gala-Disco...- 1&keywords=Nala+and+the+Gala

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE SOME HONEST REVIEWS AND FEEDBACK. Kindle/Amazon Unlimited members can read the book for free. If you have any interest at all in reviewing my book, please message me and i will send you a copy!

Best,
N. Cox

message 43: by N. (new)

N. Cox (naladiscovers) | 5 comments Hi Bryan,

I would love to read and review your book.

Nala and the Gala

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 15, 2015 06:15PM) (new)

Hello Everyone;
My name is Sheryl Tidlund and I write and illustrate children's picture books for ages 3 to 6. Please feel free to check them out sometime and give me some feedback. Thanks.

Sam and the Fly

message 45: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (BonnieFerrante) | 54 comments I'd like your feedback on two styles of illustrations for my lastest picture book. Please check them out and give me your opinion. https://bferrante.wordpress.com/2015/...

message 46: by BC (new)

BC Dee (BCDee123) | 5 comments Bonnie wrote: "I'd like your feedback on two styles of illustrations for my lastest picture book. Please check them out and give me your opinion. https://bferrante.wordpress.com/2015/......"

Hey Bonnie,

On one hand, babies and toddlers love pictures of other babies faces. On the other hand, babies and toddlers don't buy books, their parents do. So, unless you are going to offer personalization (insert your child's baby pictures here), I'd say go with the hand drawn ones.

message 47: by Sima (new)

Sima Mittal (mittalsima) | 3 comments Gia wrote: "What's it about? What's the age range? Are you the author? The illustrator? Share here!"

Hi everyone...this is Sima from Tanzania....
My first book , a children's picture book just got published this year in June and it is called 'Doing the Right Thing Isn't Always Easy'....It is a story how Rayna deals with her desires when she finds a chocolate bar on her desk in school....and her short journey with it...The illustrator is Chris Katembo....This book has been published by E & D Vision Publishing and is a local product of Tanzania....now available on Amazon

message 48: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 15, 2015 10:18AM) (new)

New Children's picture book now available on Amazon, "A bunny named BOO" written and illustrated by Sheryl Tidlund. For ages 3 to 6. Kindle or 8 x 10 color paperback.

A bunny named BOO by Sheryl Tidlund

message 49: by Cathey (new)

Cathey Nickell (goodreadscomcathey_nickell) | 5 comments My picture book is called "Arthur Zarr's Amazing Art Car," by Cathey Graham Nickell. Illustrated by Bill Megenhardt. For ages 3-9. ISBN: 978-0-9961150-0-1. Hardcover with dustjacket, 11x8.5 size.
I'll soon post it on Amazon, as it's at the printer and should be delivered by November 1, 2015.

SUMMARY: Arthur Zarr is a quiet man with few friends. His life is rather plain, and his car is plain, too. But not for long! Mr. Zarr finds happiness and makes friends by building an amazing art car. The book includes a “History of Art Cars” page for readers who’ve never heard of this creative form of artistic expression. Themes include recycling, outsider art, friendship building, community pride, and the power of imagination.

I've written another book, which was a nonfiction history. "Arthur Zarr's Amazing Art Car" is my first children's book, and I'm very excited about it!

message 50: by Scott (new)

Scott Haynes (RoadietheRanchDog) | 3 comments My picture book series is titled "Roadie the Ranch Dog". I am the author, and the illustrator. I currently have three books in the series, Roadie the Ranch Dog Book #1, Book #2 (Why ranch dogs make pretty good buddies), and Book #3 (Ten Darn Dogs). "Roadie's" favorite place to be is in the back of the pickup, tooling around the ranch, and getting into many zany adventures with his fellow ranch characters. "Roadie" can be found at www.roadietheranchdog.bigcartel.com, or "Roadie the Ranch Dog" on Facebook, and Instagram. Also, Amazon. Growing up on a farm, and ranch, in Montana gave me plenty of experiences to "draw upon" to tell "Roadie's" stories.

« previous 1 3 4 5