Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tower Teams VII > Team Jealousy

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,372 (1372 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 18, 2019 08:29AM) (new)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 29, 2019 08:53AM) (new)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Nov 08, 2019 04:50AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30803 comments Mod
Avarice Mini-Challenge Bingo Cards

Card 1
Card 2
Card 3

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 7: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Sep 21, 2019 06:24AM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 7187 comments RULES

◈ Starts October 7th, at 7 AM Sydney Australia (AEST) and goes for 10 weeks, ending on December 16th.
◈ Each week will start at the same time on Mondays, 7AM Sydney Australia (AEST).
◈ Books must be />100 pages.
◈ Audio books are allowed. (For page numbers, use the "default" GR book page numbers. If the "default" is a Large Print version, use the next most popular edition for page numbers.
◈ If there is no print / ebook, then the audio book must be longer than 3 hours, and page numbers will be set at 100 pages, no matter how long the audio is)
◈ No graphic novels, cookbooks or poetry. (Sorry.)
◈ Anything with the word" boxed set" in the title on Goodreads can not be used as "one book". They need to be shelved as separate books to count for this challenge.
◈ No children's books or plays/screenplays less than 25,000 words. ArBookFind is a great site to double check. Another rule of thumb is the audiobook version should be over 3 hours.
◈ Any book in any language will count, as long as it meets the criteria.
◈ "Re-reads" will be allowed, if it has been six months since you have read the book. This includes listening to the audio version, if you've already read the book.

◈ For reading books
Books between 100 and 499 pages = 0.1 points per page
Books between 500 and 799 pages = 0.15 points per page
Books 800 pages or more = 0.2 points per page

NOTE: Book Points will be rounded to integer.

EXAMPLE:
Pages Points
160 16
450 45
500 75
750 113
800 160
1050 210

◈ Sinful Pride Points
As you assign each book to a sin, using one of the three categories you will get bonus points. If you are lucky enough to find a book that meets all three requirements (two for Avarice), you can call Sin Bingo!

7 points for achieving Sin Bingo
5 points for each book used for colour cover
3 points for each book used for top shelf
1 point for each book used for sin specification (EXCEPT for Avarice, which gets 0 points)

◈ For current BOM (Book of the Month) discussions
Writing a day's worth of discussion questions = 40 points
Participating in a current BOM (participating in discussion) = 20 points

NOTE: We will accept one team member per book per team for writing a days DQs. If, by three days prior to the BOM starting, we don't have enough volunteers to write all DQs, then we will let more than one team member per team write questions. If we have more people than days sign up (prior to 3 days before start date) we will randomise the volunteers to determine those who can write DQs

◈ For accuracy
Each week we'll do a team analysis of books read vs books signed up
Teams that stay in the 80% - 120% reading range get an additional 50 points
Teams that fall below the 80% mark get a penalty of -20 points
Teams that go over the 120% cap but stay under the 250% get a penalty of -100 points
Teams that go over the 250% mark get a penalty of -200 points

message 8: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Sep 21, 2019 06:25AM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 7187 comments There are three ways that a book can be matched to a sin:
1. The book cover is more than 50% the color of the sin
or
2. The genre of the sin can be found on the first page of the book's Top shelves
or
3. It fits the criteria that describes the sin.

Choose wisely, because each book can be assigned only once.

◈ Lust
- Color: Red
- Genre: Guilty Pleasure
- Criteria: Books that you lust after (new releases- published 2019 or ARCs - , your favorite author, everybody has read but you, gorgeous covers, etc...). Books with lustful items on the cover (High heels, handcuffs, silk ribbons, Lace, bondage, ...). Books that are too steamy for hot weather!

◈ Envy
- Color: Green
- Genre: Young Adult
- Criteria: Books that members from other teams have read (during 2019)

◈ Pride
- Color: Purple
- Genre: Contemporary
- Criteria: Only Award-Winning Books - Any Award as long as it can be linked or appears on Goodreads book page. Books with a mirror or jewels on the cover. Really Shiny books. LGBT books.

◈ Wrath
- Color: Brown
- Genre: Space Opera
- Criteria: Books that enrage you (series that should have ended already, really hateful characters, some turn that made you froth at the mouth, etc)

◈ Sloth
- Color: Blue
- Genre: Dark Fantasy
- Criteria: Books that have been on your TBR for at least 2 years. Books from authors that take a long time to write the next installment on a series (Yes Patrick Rothfuss, George R.R. Martin and Abigail Roux we're looking at you!). Books from a series that you put on hold and are taking a long time to get back to it.

◈ Gluttony
- Color: Pink
- Genre: Historical Romance
- Criteria: 600+ page books. Books in a very long series (12+ books). Books from a series or author that you can't stop binge reading. Books that have covers you want to eat (i.e covers that have food or drink on them. Yes, chocolate covered strawberries count)

◈ Greed
- Color: Yellow
- Genre: Dystopia
- Criteria: Anything Goes (i.e. a book you can't fit in elsewhere)

message 9: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Oct 20, 2019 12:30PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 7187 comments Sin Mini Info

◈ Only books finished between 21th and 28th October will count for the Sloth mini challenge (i.e. books finished in week 3).
◈ Books will either count towards the main part of the challenge (the Seven Deadly Sins) or towards this mini challenge.
◈ One animal per book. (In other words: a book can only be used once for either cover, title or text.)
◈ The same animal can only be found up to a maximum of 7 times.
◈ You will gain 7 points for the first time you find a tricky animal, and 5 points for the first time you find an easy animal.
◈You will gain 1 point for each subsequent find of the same animal (easy or tricky), to a maximum of 7 finds of that animal.

Classification Animal

Tricky Aardvark
Tricky Akbash
Tricky Akita
Tricky Albatross
Easy Alligator
Tricky Angelfish
Easy Ant
Tricky Anteater
Easy Antelope
Easy Armadillo
Tricky Avocet
Tricky Axolotl
Easy Baboon
Easy Badger
Tricky Bandicoot
Easy Barn Owl
Easy Barnacle
Easy Barracuda
Tricky Basking Shark
Easy Bat
Easy Beagle
Easy Bear
Tricky Bearded Dragon
Easy Beaver
Easy Beetle
Tricky Binturong
Easy Bird
Tricky Birman
Easy Bison
Easy Black Widow Spider
Easy Bloodhound
Tricky Blue Whale
Easy Bobcat
Tricky Bongo
Tricky Bonobo
Tricky Booby
Easy Budgerigar
Easy Buffalo
Tricky Bull Shark
Easy Bulldog
Easy Bullfrog
Easy Bumble Bee
Easy Butterfly
Tricky Butterfly Fish
Easy Buzzard
Tricky Caiman
Easy Camel
Tricky Capybara
Tricky Caracal
Tricky Cassowary
Easy Cat
Easy Caterpillar
Tricky Catfish
Easy Centipede
Easy Chameleon
Easy Chamois
Easy Cheetah
Easy Chicken
Easy Chihuahua
Easy Chimpanzee
Easy Chinchilla
Tricky Chinook
Easy Chipmunk
Tricky Cichlid
Tricky Civet
Easy Clam
Tricky Clouded Leopard
Tricky Clown Fish
Tricky Coati
Easy Cockroach
Tricky Collared Peccary
Easy Collie
Easy Coral
Easy Cougar
Easy Cow
Easy Coyote
Easy Crab
Easy Crane
Easy Crocodile
Tricky Cuscus
Tricky Cuttlefish
Easy Deer
Tricky Dhole
Easy Dingo
Easy Dodo
Easy Dog
Easy Dolphin
Easy Donkey
Easy Dormouse
Easy Dragonfly
Tricky Drever
Easy Duck
Tricky Dugong
Easy Eagle
Easy Earwig
Tricky Echidna
Easy Eel
Tricky Electric Eel
Easy Elephant
Easy Emu
Easy Falcon
Easy Ferret
Easy Fish
Easy Flamingo
Easy Flounder
Easy Fly
Tricky Flying Squirrel
Tricky Fossa
Easy Fox
Tricky Frigatebird
Easy Frog
Tricky Gar
Easy Gecko
Easy Gerbil
Tricky Gharial
Tricky Gibbon
Tricky Gila Monster
Easy Giraffe
Tricky Glow Worm
Easy Goat
Tricky Golden Lion Tamarin
Tricky Golden Oriole
Easy Goose
Tricky Gopher
Easy Gorilla
Easy Grasshopper
Easy Great White Shark
Easy Grey Seal
Easy Greyhound
Easy Grizzly Bear
Easy Grouse
Tricky Guinea Fowl
Easy Guinea Pig
Tricky Guppy
Tricky Hammerhead Shark
Easy Hamster
Easy Hare
Easy Harrier
Easy Hedgehog
Tricky Hermit Crab
Easy Heron
Easy Cattle
Easy Hippopotamus
Tricky Honey Bee
Easy Hornet
Easy Horse
Tricky Horseshoe Crab
Tricky Howler Monkey
Easy Hummingbird
Tricky Humpback Whale
Easy Hyena
Easy Ibis
Easy Iguana
Easy Impala
Tricky Indri
Easy Insect
Easy Jackal
Easy Jaguar
Easy Jellyfish
Tricky Kakapo
Easy Kangaroo
Tricky Killer Whale
Tricky Kingfisher
Easy Kiwi
Easy Koala
Tricky Komodo Dragon
Tricky Kudu
Easy Ladybird
Easy Lemming
Easy Lemur
Easy Leopard
Tricky Liger
Easy Lion
Tricky Lionfish
Easy Lizard
Easy Llama
Easy Lobster
Easy Lynx
Tricky Macaque
Tricky Macaw
Easy Magpie
Tricky Malamute
Tricky Manatee
Tricky Mandrill
Tricky Manta Ray
Tricky Markhor
Easy Mayfly
Easy Meerkat
Easy Millipede
Easy Mole
Easy Mongoose
Tricky Monitor Lizard
Easy Monkey
Tricky Moorhen
Easy Moose
Easy Moth
Easy Mouse
Easy Mule
Easy Newt
Easy Nightingale
Tricky Numbat
Tricky Ocelot
Easy Octopus
Tricky Okapi
Tricky Olm
Easy Opossum
Easy Orang-utan
Easy Ostrich
Easy Otter
Easy Owl
Easy Oyster
Tricky Pademelon
Easy Panda
Easy Panther
Easy Parrot
Easy Peacock
Easy Pelican
Easy Penguin
Easy Pheasant
Easy Pig
Tricky Pika
Easy Pike
Tricky Pink Fairy Armadillo
Easy Piranha
Tricky Platypus
Easy Polar Bear
Tricky Pond Skater
Easy Porcupine
Easy Possum
Easy Prawn
Tricky Puffer Fish
Easy Puffin
Easy Pug
Easy Puma
Tricky Pygmy Marmoset
Easy Quail
Tricky Quetzal
Tricky Quokka
Tricky Quoll
Easy Rabbit
Easy Raccoon
Easy Rat
Easy Rattlesnake
Easy Reindeer
Easy Rhinoceros
Easy Robin
Tricky Rock Hyrax
Tricky Sabre-Toothed Tiger
Easy Salamander
Tricky Saola
Easy Scorpion
Tricky Scorpion Fish
Tricky Sea Dragon
Easy Sea Lion
Tricky Sea Slug
Tricky Sea Urchin
Easy Seahorse
Easy Seal
Tricky Serval
Easy Sheep
Easy Shrew
Easy Shrimp
Easy Skunk
Easy Sloth
Easy Slow Worm
Easy Snail
Easy Snake
Easy Spaniel
Easy Sparrow
Tricky Sperm Whale
Tricky Spider Monkey
Easy Sponge
Easy Spoonbill
Easy Squid
Easy Squirrel
Tricky Stag Beetle
Easy Starfish
Easy Stick Insect
Easy Stingray
Easy Stoat
Tricky Sun Bear
Easy Swan
Tricky Tapir
Easy Tarantula
Tricky Tarsier
Easy Tasmanian Devil
Easy Tawny Owl
Easy Termite
Easy Terrier
Tricky Tetra
Easy Tiger
Tricky Tiger Shark
Easy Toad
Easy Tortoise
Easy Toucan
Tricky Tuatara
Easy Turkey
Tricky Uakari
Tricky Uguisu
Tricky Umbrellabird
Tricky Vampire Bat
Easy Vulture
Easy Wallaby
Easy Walrus
Easy Warthog
Easy Wasp
Tricky Water Buffalo
Easy Water Vole
Easy Weasel
Tricky Whale Shark
Easy Wildebeest
Easy Wolf
Easy Wolverine
Easy Wombat
Easy Woodlouse
Easy Woodpecker
Tricky Woolly Mammoth
Tricky Wrasse
Easy Yak
Easy Zebra
Tricky Zebra Shark
Tricky Zebu
Tricky Zonkey
Tricky Zorse

message 12: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments we were all waiting anxiously for the thread to open and now i guess none of us wants to be the first to comment? guess i'll start lol

hey everyone! this is only my second tower teams so i'm excited to start and see how it will compare to last year. also i love our little doll avatar at the top of the page, looks like something loki would wear ;)

message 13: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4932 comments I just figured Plethora and Trinia might want to reserve some spots. (I can delete this if needed).

message 14: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments i assumed that since carmen said to leave it open then we were good to go but i can also delete my posts if needed

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 7187 comments Hi ladies. Plethora didn’t want to hold spots and I’m not sure about Trinia. I haven’t seen her yet but if need be I’ll delete this post as well 😁

I’ve been in many NBRC challenges including quite a few TT and all fun. I can’t wait to see how this one will go. It sounds interesting. I’ll update some of the post tomorrow since today is my sons birthday and I’ll be a bit busy. Hahaha

message 16: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4932 comments Good morning. I waited just in case more spots were wanted but I guess not.

I'm Mary, I've played a few times. Full disclosure: I leave for my Honeymoon on the 7th and return on the 16th. So my reading might be behind at the start. I do plan to read on the plane and probably a few minutes here and there. I'll aim for some shorter books so we don't get dinged for my reading under my average.

That's kind of why I was anxious to get the thread going in case we discuss strategy or something. I probably won't be on much the weekend before it starts.

message 17: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1489 comments Hey everyone, I'm like the rest of you...ready to plan and discuss but not wanting to post if I'm not supposed to yet. I was looking at the thread of all the teams and one team has like 133 posts and our team had 5 other than the reserved boxes. LOL So I feel behind. This is my 2nd time playing TT and I'm very excited to play again. :)

Mary, Mary Congratulations!! Curious where you'll honeymoon!

I'll be gone from Sept. 30 through Oct. 10 (more like 11th since we get back late). BUT I'll be taking my books/NOOK/Libby/Scribd with me so hopefully my reading won't slack too badly. I just hate that I won't be home on day 1 because I won't have access to a regular computer all the time and cell phones don't cut it! I might be PM-ing one or two of you if I have questions or need help posting. Hope that's okay.

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1489 comments Looking at this I have a couple questions:
Each week we'll do a team analysis of books read vs books signed up
Teams that stay in the 80% - 120% reading range get an additional 50 points
Teams that fall below the 80% mark get a penalty of -20 points
Teams that go over the 120% cap but stay under the 250% get a penalty of -100 points
Teams that go over the 250% mark get a penalty of -200 points

I don't know about everyone else but I read a lot...just reached 301 for the year. I am wondering if anyone is good with math (not me) if we can somehow figure out our books to read range so that we can get our 50 points every week and never get a penalty.

message 19: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments looking at the number of books we all pledged for each week i added them up and it looks like our 'goal' is 38. so 80% would be 30.4 so let's just say 31 and 120% would be 45.6 so let's just say 45 so we need to be between 31 and 45 books each week to not be penalized. at least i think so, please feel free to double check my math!

i also read a lot and am at 418 for the year right now, although i do read a lot of shorter books and graphic novels as well. i have been saving a few longer books for this since points are based on page count as well, but i could always crank out a few shorter ones if we look like we are falling behind in any given week

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1489 comments Wow! 418? That's amazing! :) I got the same as you, so we (team) need to be careful, especially if we have other heavy readers.

message 21: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4932 comments Well I did the math on my own submission and the minimum I need to read is 16/month and max is 24/month. Which has me thinking that I need to read at least 8 books the first 2 weeks which has me concerned. We're honeymooning in Disney and I imagine that I will read on my kindle and listen to audio books here and there but not for any extended length of time.

I plan to have my Kindle armed with some short books. They wont' be worth many points as far as page count goes but may help prevent us getting docked some. Maybe I can knock out 2 100 page short books on the air plane. I can comment and mark books as read on my Kindle Fire. No idea if I can update spreadsheets on it but someone can always do that for me.

message 22: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4932 comments I'm still a little confused as to whether or no teammates can pick up the slack for other players. It kind of sounds like we can't.

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1489 comments I would think we could pick up the slack unless we're being held to the number of books we said we'd read per week. I would think it would be a team total, as long as one team member doesn't miss a week or 2 weeks. I'd have to go look in the rules or ask about that. Maybe Carmen knows.

message 24: by Rebecca (last edited Sep 23, 2019 01:44PM) (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Vicki wrote: "I would think we could pick up the slack unless we're being held to the number of books we said we'd read per week. I would think it would be a team total, as long as one team member doesn't miss a..."

I would think that since it's a team game, that it would be a team average, not just personal, but maybe this is wishful thinking.

Hi team! I have done a lot of the NCBR challenges and I'm completely addicted! I haven't done a TT in a while so I'm SO excited!

Also my reading is absolutely sporadic recently. Some months I read a ton and some I get bogged down with my stupid 11 hour work days and get behind. I'm hoping TT will help me balance that all out. --- If we get close to the goal, I'm assuming we can decide which books to count for the challenge and which don't fit well and can be "thrown out" aka not counted for the TT?

message 25: by Sharon (last edited Sep 23, 2019 01:50PM) (new)

Sharon (sharon_alexandr) | 355 comments Hi everyone! This is my second TT challenge. I've gotten really into team reading challenges over the last year and a half. It's boosted by annual reading amounts so much (although I'm not anywhere close to you guys!). My reading also varies depending on what's going on at work, but I average about 9-10 books a month. I usually read a mix of actual books and audio books.

Looking forward to completing this challenge with all of you!

message 26: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments i would also think it would be a team average because it's a team challenge and also because the mods realize that people sometimes have things that come up that cause them to be MIA for a few days or a week and others will have to step in to keep us on track.

and i think it should be fine to not count certain books if we are going to go over as well, i know we have been doing that for lava.

message 27: by Plethora (new)

Plethora (bookworm_r) | 2239 comments Hopefully everyone was fairly accurate in what they could commit to each week for this challenge. Then we won't have a problem staying in the zone.

The spreadsheet has a tracking area to monitor where we are at, so that should help. My hardest thing will be not trying to read more for points... Lol... Since I usually find myself reading more for challenges to push for completion of things.

Labs has been fun, and yes, our team had been making adjustments for when someone hadn't been able to read as much due to real life commitments.

I'm not a huge preplanner of my reads and certainly am not thinking ahead two weeks for reads. I find chalks books as I need and try to fit them so they fit multiple challenges. Since typical challenge tasks are released weekly that doesn't leave room for much pre-planning.

I think we could start putting together ideas for books that would fit the sins for some of the harder matches?

message 28: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments yeah i haven't really looked too much to plan for this because we just got done planning our last round for lava, but i should be able to take a closer look at the list and my tbr later today. although who knows what challenges the chipmunks will throw at us after we've started as well ;)

message 29: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1489 comments Yay! I thought I was just about the only one that doesn’t plan out a month of reads! Lol My reading desires change too much, but since I’m going to Cabo I want to plan a book or two. But this challenge starts later in October around the 7th I think. Maybe that’s another challenge lol So that helps. I hate going on vacation and have a challenge start because with most challenges it takes a little bit of time to get used to them even if I’ve played them before because a year ago of playing doesn’t spark my memory that well. LOL

message 30: by Tara (new)

Tara | 212 comments Hello everyone! Excited to be here! I played TT last round, but joined in quite late as a back-up player and spent most of my time more confused than anything else. So I'm hoping that being in from the beginning will help me make more sense of things this round, LOL.

I'm not much of a pre-planner. And I find that when I over-plan I will throw the whole list out the window and read what I feel like. I'm very much a mood reader. That being said, I'll spend some time this week going through my books and see what I have that can go where.

Why does the 7th have to be so far away?! :(

message 31: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments honestly i would rather plan out my whole month of reads but with these kinds of challenges it's not really feasible so i have been going with the flow more recently.

i'm sad horror isn't a MPG option since next month is october but maybe they'll do some kind of halloween mini challenge or something.

i can tell already that lust will not be a problem for me because i read a lot of ARCs and am soooo behind right now on my new releases. september is way too busy with publishing. probably won't have much in the way of wrath unless i do space opera or brown cover bc i tend to try not to read books that make me angry lol, but i guess you can't always tell until you get too far into them.

message 32: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharon_alexandr) | 355 comments I'm not a planner either! I get a lot of my books from the library, so I'm often at the mercy of what comes off the wait list and what I need to finish before it is due back.

message 33: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1489 comments Sharon, good point! Thank goodness my library is only 2 blocks away plus Libby & Scribd. Lol

message 34: by Mary C (last edited Sep 24, 2019 09:24AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4932 comments I planned a few out, books already on to get to eventually list. I should probably plan out a couple of short books before my trip so I know which ones are better to read while on vacation.

I tend to read a lot more during these challenges than I normally do but at the same didn't want to over commit myself. So I just took my monthly average for the year so far and added 1 book to that. I figure I can always read a couple of door-stoppers to slow myself down if needed.

message 35: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments so are we supposed to read a certain number for each sin? like is it supposed to be more or less balanced between the seven or is it just 'read whatever and assign it to a sin'? i would think there would be more structure than that but i don't see anything in the rules or spreadsheet about like completing one set of seven and moving to the next or something. i'm probably needlessly overthinking ...

message 36: by Mary C (last edited Sep 24, 2019 11:07AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4932 comments Not sure but I think there are winning categories for teams that read most of this or that sin. It also wouldn't surprise me if they did theme weeks encouraging one sin over another.

message 37: by Trinia (new)

Trinia | 2136 comments Yikes! Hi all, I'm here.... I didn't get a notice that we had a thread and I was out of town. So Sorry! I need to read through and catch up :D
Good to see everyone here and so busy :)

message 38: by Trinia (new)

Trinia | 2136 comments So excited ! and nervous, this will be a good one with lots of looking for matching books. Has Tower been this hard from the start before? I've played 3x's before and have captained and co-captained.
I put down 12 books a month, but may be low the first month as I have a huge exam on November 6th that I am studying for. I have still been reading because I listen to audiobooks and of course, the house doesn't clean itself ;D
I'm planning on getting some books lined up to max out our points, and we can start sharing those we find.
I'm also going to add everyone as Friends, cause that's how I roll , so be on the lookout for my request.

message 39: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1489 comments I like your thinking, Trinia. :)

message 40: by Trinia (new)

Trinia | 2136 comments Vicki wrote: "I like your thinking, Trinia. :)"

;D lol

message 41: by Trinia (new)

Trinia | 2136 comments Devann wrote: "honestly i would rather plan out my whole month of reads but with these kinds of challenges it's not really feasible so i have been going with the flow more recently.

i'm sad horror isn't a MPG op..."

Good point about the Horror genre.... That would have made me happy too!

message 42: by Trinia (new)

Trinia | 2136 comments I did a bit more digging yesterday and found the
BOTM's for October

Starting October 7th
Gideon the Ninth (The Ninth House, #1) by Tamsyn Muir Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
Link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
and
Starting October 16th
Wilder Girls by Rory Power Wilder Girls by Rory Power
Link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
~~~ it is considered a GREEN cover, YA and I'm sure someone has read it, So this one could be a big boom for our team.

I am planning on listening to both. I bought the audiobook for Wilder girls , $10.99 on Audible ~ less than cost of a monthly credit
and if you have Scribd I found the audiobook there, so I've downloaded it for the start of the challenge.

You can go to the link and volunteer to write questions for 40 points (not sure they are still accepting though) or you can just participate for 20 points.

message 43: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments yeah i have been impatiently putting off gideon the ninth for the past few weeks to get the BOM points lol

message 44: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments also 'top shelf' is like the entire first page of tags once you click on the 'see top shelf' and NOT the same as 'main page genre' which would be the first 3-5 that show on the main page right? just double checking because i don't want to be looking on the entire first page if it turned out we could only use those first few

message 45: by Trinia (new)

Trinia | 2136 comments Yes, I believe it is the first full page , not the MPG. I looked that up in the rules because it was so hard to find books that met 2 of the requirements.

message 46: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments yeah, i am having the most trouble matching up colors weirdly enough. seems most of my covers are either not a color that is on the list [hello gray and black fantasy/horror covers lol] or do not have over 50% of any color

message 47: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee | 499 comments Hi team. I have been a part of many NBRC team challenges, and I have loved them all. I am looking forward to getting back into reading. As a teacher starting a new school year, there hasn't been much time.

message 48: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1489 comments Trinia wrote: "I did a bit more digging yesterday and found the
BOTM's for October

Starting October 7th
Gideon the Ninth (The Ninth House, #1) by Tamsyn Muir Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
Lin..."

I read Wilder Girls by Rory Power but that probably doesn't count.

message 49: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2676 comments well i assume both the BOMs will count as 'books other teams have read during 2019' because we will all be reading it during the challenge, which takes place in 2019, unless they meant 'books that other teams have read prior to the start of the challenge' but they didn't say that so i assumed even if you were reading at the same time as someone from another team it would still count

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 7187 comments Hi team *waves* I see some familiar faces. Yay! Sorry for being MIA. I’ve been crazy busy with RL stuff and in between that,suffering with a migraine. So I’ve been trying to pop in and out of GR. Trying to only get a few minutes on what I need to get done for challenges.
Ok I haven’t been able to glance out the rules but I’ll try and read it again. I’m not much of a planner either. I tend to read whatever. I also try to at least see if it a book will fit multiple challenges but it doesn’t always work. LOL Yes, I do tend to read bigger chunk books but I can also be quick to read smaller books too. I’m easy 🤣

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 27 28