Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tower Teams VII > Team Superbia

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,013 (1013 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 18, 2019 08:33AM) (new)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 18, 2019 08:33AM) (new)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Nov 08, 2019 04:52AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30937 comments Mod
Avarice Mini-Challenge Bingo Cards

Card 1
Card 2
Card 3

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 6: by Paula (last edited Sep 30, 2019 04:55PM) (new)

Paula Reyes Wagner (paurw) | 1009 comments RULES

Points System
Books between 100 and 499 pages = 0.1 points per page
Books between 500 and 799 pages = 0.15 points per page
Books 800 pages or more = 0.2 points per page

NOTE: Book Points will be rounded to integer.

For accuracy
Each week there'll be a team analysis of books read vs books signed up
Teams that stay in the 80% - 120% reading range get an additional 50 points
Teams that fall below the 80% mark get a penalty of -20 points
Teams that go over the 120% cap but stay under the 250% get a penalty of -100 points
Teams that go over the 250% mark get a penalty of -200 points

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team members shelves:

Paula
Annalisa
Brandy
Jackie
Keri
Laila Jane
Mollie
Rachel
Rosina
Sailor Dowden
Sarah
Sheila
Tati

message 7: by Paula (last edited Oct 08, 2019 11:52AM) (new)

Paula Reyes Wagner (paurw) | 1009 comments Sinful Towers
There are three ways that a book can be matched to a sin:
1. The book cover is more than 50% the color of the sin
2. The genre of the sin can be found on the first page of the book's Top shelves
3. It fits the criteria that describes the sin.

◈ Lust
- Color: Red
- Genre: Guilty Pleasure
- Criteria: Books that you lust after (new releases- published 2019 or ARCs - , your favorite author, everybody has read but you, gorgeous covers, etc...). Books with lustful items on the cover (High heels, handcuffs, silk ribbons, Lace, bondage, ...). Books that are too steamy for hot weather!

◈ Envy
- Color: Green
- Genre: Young Adult
- Criteria: Books that members from other teams have read (during 2019)

◈ Vanity
- Color: Purple
- Genre: Contemporary
- Criteria: Only Award-Winning Books - Any Award as long as it can be linked or appears on Goodreads book page. Books with a mirror or jewels on the cover. Really Shiny books. LGBT books.

◈ Wrath
- Color: Brown
- Genre: Space Opera
- Criteria: Books that enrage you

◈ Sloth
- Color: Blue
- Genre: Dark Fantasy
- Criteria: Books that have been on your TBR for at least 2 years. Books from authors that take a long time to write the next installment on a series. Books from a series that you put on hold and are taking a long time to get back to it.

◈ Gluttony
- Color: Pink
- Genre: Historical Romance
- Criteria: 600+ page books. Books in a very long series (12+ books). Books from a series or author that you can't stop binge reading. Books that have covers you want to eat (i.e covers that have food or drink on them.)

◈ Avarice
- Color: Yellow
- Genre: Dystopia
- Criteria: Anything Goes (i.e. a book you can't fit in elsewhere)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sinful Pride Points
As you assign each book to a sin, using one of the three categories you will get bonus points. If you are lucky enough to find a book that meets all three requirements (two for Avarice), you can call Sin Bingo!

7 points for achieving Sin Bingo
5 points for each book used for colour cover
3 points for each book used for top shelf
1 point for each book used for sin specification (EXCEPT for Avarice, which gets 0 points)

message 8: by Paula (last edited Oct 03, 2019 11:49AM) (new)

Paula Reyes Wagner (paurw) | 1009 comments Book of the Month - October

Gideon the Ninth - Starts 7 October
Wilder Girls - Starts 16 October

Participants:
Annalisa - Gideon the Ninth

message 9: by Annalisa (last edited Oct 08, 2019 06:47PM) (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments Sing Bingo

Lust
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward - too steamy for hot weather
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward - Too steamy for hot weather
From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8) by Charlaine Harris - too steamy for hot weather
When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) by Julia Quinn - Too steamy for hot weather
The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn - too steamy for hot weather
Pretty Little Secrets A Pretty Little Liars Collection (Pretty Little Liars, #4.5) by Sara Shepard - if this is one of your favorite authors
A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean - too steamy for hot weather
A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton - too steamy for hot weather
The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3) by Sophia Nash - Too steamy for hot weather

Envy
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith - Read by member of team Sloth
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan - Read by Melissa team Sloth
Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers - Read by Cat team Wrath
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling - Read by Elen Team Lust
Graceling by Kristin Cashore - Ready by Jammin Jenny
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling - read by Tea
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - read by Allison Ann of team Ira
Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) by Rachel Caine - Read by Ora from Team Greed
Wilder Girls by Rory Power - read by someone but I don't remember who
Hollow Kingdom by Kira Jane Buxton - read by Lexi from Acedia
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley - read by Lexi from Acedia
Lizard Radio by Pat Schmatz - Read by Alyssa team Ira
Nyxia Uprising (The Nyxia Triad, #3) by Scott Reintgen - Read by Alyssa team Ira and Jenny team Lust
Thorn by Intisar Khanani - Read by Alyssa team Ira
The Last Dragonslayer (The Last Dragonslayer, #1) by Jasper Fforde - Read by Deanna (can't remember her team)

Works if a player from another team has read this book:
Hatchet (Brian's Saga, #1) by Gary Paulsen - I've read in 2019
Keeper of the Bees (Black Birds of the Gallows, #2) by Meg Kassel - I've read in 2019
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas - not sure if anyone read this in 2019
A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen, #2) by Roshani Chokshi

Pride
Rise of Heroes (Masks #1) by Hayden Thorne - LGBT
The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer - jewels on the tiara
Part & Parcel (Sidewinder, #3) by Abigail Roux - LGBT
The Love Song of Sawyer Bell (Tour Dates, #1) by Avon Gale - LGBT
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella - Shiny cover
The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1) by Melissa Grey - Shiny stars on the cover
Outsider (Exodus End, #2) by Olivia Cunning - jewels on the ring
Let it Snow by John Green - winner of the Silberner Lufti award (2011)
Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1) by Rachel Gibson - winner OKRWA National Readers Choice Award for Single Title Contemporary (1998)

Wrath
We Are Legion (Bobiverse, #1) by Dennis E. Taylor - if you find something to hate
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1) by Becky Chambers - if you find something to hate
Dune (Dune, #1) by Frank Herbert - Character Baron H. has the potential to make you wrathful
Artificial Condition (The Murderbot Diaries, #2) by Martha Wells - Potentially if you find something that makes you wrathful
Will Save the Galaxy for Food by Yahtzee Croshaw - If you find something that makes you wrathful
The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut, #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal - if you find something that makes you wrathful
To Be Taught, If Fortunate by Becky Chambers - Again if you find something that makes you wrathful.
Dark Age (Red Rising Saga, #5) by Pierce Brown - if you find something that makes you feel wrath.
Undercity (Major Bhaajan, #1) by Catherine Asaro - If you find something that makes you feel wrath
Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1) by Marko Kloos - if you find something to get enraged about
A Soldier in Love by A. Petrov - if you find something to get enraged about
Guardian (The Lost Fleet Beyond the Frontier, #3) by Jack Campbell - if you find something to be enraged about

Sloth
Neverwhere (London Below, #1) by Neil Gaiman - if it has been on your TBR for over two years
Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton - if it has been on your TBR for over two years, or you started the series and are taking a long time to get back to it.
Blue Moon (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #8) by Laurell K. Hamilton - if it has been on your TBR for over two years, or you started the series and are taking a long time to get back to it.
Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #9) by Laurell K. Hamilton - if it has been on your TBR for over two years, or you started the series and are taking a long time to get back to it.
Seduced by Moonlight (Merry Gentry, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton - if it has been on your TBR for over two years, or you started the series and are taking a long time to get back to it.
Cerulean Sins (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #11) by Laurell K. Hamilton - if it has been on your TBR for over two years, or you started the series and are taking a long time to get back to it.
Weaveworld by Clive Barker - if it has been on your TBR for over two years.
The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1) by Peter V. Brett - if it has been on your TBR for over two years.
The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu - if it has been on your TBR for over two years.

Gluttony
The Ideal Bride (Cynster, #11) by Stephanie Laurens - 27 books in the series

These books may or may not work based on your personal reading.
The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer - only if you like to binge read this author
Venetia by Georgette Heyer - only if you like to binge read this author
Cotillion by Georgette Heyer - only if you like to binge read this author
Perfecting Fiona A Novel of Regency England - Being the Second Volume of The School for Manners (The School of Manners) by M.C. Beaton - only if you like to binge read this author
Diana the Huntress (The Six Sisters Series) by Marion Chesney - only if you like to binge read this author
The Scandalous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright by Tessa Dare - only if you like to binge read this author
One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1) by Tessa Dare - only if you like to binge read this author.
A Secret Love (Cynster, #5) by Stephanie Laurens - only if you like to binge read this author.

Greed
The Girl With All the Gifts (The Girl With All the Gifts, #1) by M.R. Carey
The Rule of One (The Rule of One, #1) by Ashley Saunders
Recursion by Blake Crouch
Dust (Silo, #3) by Hugh Howey
Authority (Southern Reach, #2) by Jeff VanderMeer
The Way We Fall (Fallen World, #1) by Megan Crewe
The Hive by Barry Lyga

message 10: by Annalisa (last edited Oct 02, 2019 06:07PM) (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments Completion post format that we would like to use:

Completion Post
Shōgun The Epic Novel of Japan (The Asian Saga Book 1) by James Clavell
Shōgun by James Clavell
Pages: 1152
Date: September 20, 2019
Rating: 5 stars
Fits:
Lust - Red cover
Gluttony - 600+pages

BOM:
DQ1 (put link)
DQ2 (put link)
DQ3 (put link)
If you wrote and DQs link for that

message 11: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments Reserve

message 12: by Annalisa (last edited Sep 21, 2019 06:03AM) (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments Hi Team Superbia,

We are very excited to be playing with you. Please give us a short introduction so we can get to know everyone. This doesn’t have to be a novel just share a few of your favorite books, and if you have participated in Tower Teams before.

This is my second year playing, and my first as a co-captain. I just finished listening to Shōgun by James Clavell and I think it is going to end up on my favorite list. It is historical fiction set in Japan. It covers a relatively short period of time but I felt like I was living with the characters. Another favorite is Ancillary Justice by Anne Leckie. The entire series was a pretty big surprise. It created a believable world and societies that our main character interacts with. Also, the lack of gender importance was really cool. My favorite guilty pleasure read is To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker, the main character is named Annalisa.

If anyone has any questions please let us know we are here to help.

message 13: by Sail ♛ (new)

Sail ♛ A Wicked Reader (sailordowden) | 230 comments Hi Paula and Annalisa! I'm so excited to be on team Superbia with all of you, and I can't wait to start.

My name is Sailor and this is my second year playing TT. I'm currently studying to get my Bachelor's in business administration and I work part-time at a dance studio. But in my free time (aside from reading of course) I ride horses, have movie & tv/show binges, chill with family and friends, and play my playstation.

My favorite book of all time is Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson. And some other favorites of mine are Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews and The Wicked King by Holly Black.

message 14: by Sail ♛ (new)

Sail ♛ A Wicked Reader (sailordowden) | 230 comments Annalisa wrote: "Hi Team Superbia,

We are very excited to be playing with you. Please give us a short introduction so we can get to know everyone. This doesn’t have to be a novel just share a few of your favorite ..."

That's so cool that the MC of To Catch a Pirate has the same name as you (:

message 15: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments Sail ♛ wrote: "Hi Paula and Annalisa! I'm so excited to be on team Superbia with all of you, and I can't wait to start.

My name is Sailor and this is my second year playing TT. I'm currently studying to get my B..."

I have a hold on Sorcery of Thorns. Sounds like I’m in for a treat.

message 16: by Sail ♛ (new)

Sail ♛ A Wicked Reader (sailordowden) | 230 comments Annalisa wrote: "Sail ♛ wrote: "Hi Paula and Annalisa! I'm so excited to be on team Superbia with all of you, and I can't wait to start.

My name is Sailor and this is my second year playing TT. I'm currently study..."

Aww I really hope you enjoy it! The characters and whole magical library just really hooked me

message 17: by Mollie (new)

Mollie | 393 comments I'm Mollie, this is my 3rd or 4th tower team. I'm mom of 1 stepmom of 2 and work as an admin in an accounting. when I'm not scheduling life for 5 people, I'm reading or on my way to a bookclub so it seems lately anyway.

I'm struggling to name my favorite book. I usually fall back on Jane Eyre and The Outsiders but I think my tastes have changed and evolved from when I was 12 but not very far. I just finished discussing my book preferences with my husband and he reminded me that Animal Farm is one that I reread alot. I love classics and legal dramas and books that examine people's lives, thrillers and detective novels also grace my book basket frequently. and since dating my husband 8 years ago, I've expanded to sci Fi and fantasy. two genres I claimed to abhor previously.

I'm looking forward to the challenge starting.

message 18: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) Ora from Team Greed

Happy reading!!

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 1908 comments Hi, I'm Jackie, and I've participated in TT a couple of times before. I'm retired and have three grown children. I love being retired because I can read (almost) as much as I like. My favorite genres are fantasy, mystery, paranormal, historical fiction, and young adult. In other words, just about everything! I'm currently reading Eighth Grave After Dark which is one of my favorite paranormal series.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and to playing TT.

message 20: by Paula (new)

Paula Reyes Wagner (paurw) | 1009 comments Hello everyone, I'm Paula and I'm from Chile (my first language is Spanish)
I work full time in environment and mining consultancy and I spend most of my free time reading.

This will be my third TT, and I'm super excited about it, I was waiting for the challenge to be announced since May hahahaha.

Please remember to post your shelves for the challenge =)

message 22: by Tati (new)

Tati | 1133 comments hey everyone!

Ithis is my second TT (Yep, I participated in the madness that was the Harry Potter TT, and came back for more this year). I'm Brazilian and serve at the beck and call of my corgi.

My favorite book right now is A Court of Mist and Fury, but my favorite author is Bernard Cornwell

message 23: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1611 comments Hi everyone
This is my second time playing....i work from home doing accounting...
I love reading....favorite book this year Verity by Colleen Hoover....also devoured The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

My shelf
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 24: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments Here is the link for my shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 27: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments I wanted to let everyone know there is a back room BOM for October and it starts on the 20th. You have to request access to the group as the books are not appropriate for the main group. The book for the month is Save the Date and it is currently free for Kindle.

Here is the link for the BOM discussion. You will need to request access to the group if you don’t already have it. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 28: by Sarah (last edited Sep 23, 2019 09:41PM) (new)

Sarah (sarahjh26) | 571 comments Hi everyone! This will be my second time playing Tower, with my first being last year's HP, which I ADORED. I've been anxiously awaiting this year's version.

I'm on disability and have been for a while. I hope not to be on it for too much longer. Because of an excess of time, I can dedicate all day to reading if need be! I just found the amazingness of audiobooks earlier this year and have found them great at random intervals throughout the day.

Here's my shelf:

I am a lifelong fan of Harry Potter and always will be. My favorite book that I read recently is The Count of Monte Cristo. I also just finished reading Crime and Punishment and loved it. Seems I like the doorstoppers.

Thanks for the reminders Paula and Annalisa, regarding the BOM. I'll put a hold on Wilder Girls, but no promises as the waitlist is a bit long. I'm going to skip Gideon, as it's not my cup of tea. Also, I would do the Back Room BOM, but the kindle link doesn't seem to be working. I'll ask on the discussion thread if anyone else is having problems.

I look forward to spending internet time with you all :)

message 29: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 367 comments Greetings from Washington, D.C.! I'm Rachel and this is the second time I've done TT, though the first time was a while ago so I'll be taking my cues from you guys while I refresh my memory on all the rules.

I work as an historian so I naturally read a lot of history. But I also love romance, mysteries, and horror. Some of my favorite books are The Killer Angels, Matterhorn, and Clean Sweep. Really, anything by Ilona Andrews! My favorite book so far this year is Pestilence

Here is my shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 30: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments Oops I linked book on goodreads not kindle. Sorry about that. I was on my phone and links are always a pain from mobile.

message 31: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 1060 comments Hi everyone! I'm Laila. I'm from Chicago. I work as a night nurse so you'll see posts from me at all hours of the day. This is my second time doing tower teams, but I skipped the last year or two because real life was keeping me too busy. So I might need a refresher on the rules.

Like Sarah, I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I've read all the books multiple times. But my favorite genre is romance. I will pretty much read anything if there is romance. =)

Here is my shelf: Laila's Towerteams7

message 32: by Paula (new)

Paula Reyes Wagner (paurw) | 1009 comments The rules are a little different this year, so I recommend you check them.

The main change is that there'll be 7 different towers, so we must assigne a sin to each book according to the prompts in post 7
So qhen you finish a book, please let us know the sins it fits and how.

Also, there's a rule about the percentage of the claimed books per week:

For accuracy
Each week there'll be a team analysis of books read vs books signed up
Teams that stay in the 80% - 120% reading range get an additional 50 points
Teams that fall below the 80% mark get a penalty of -20 points
Teams that go over the 120% cap but stay under the 250% get a penalty of -100 points
Teams that go over the 250% mark get a penalty of -200 points

I'll let you know each week when we're next to maximum range (120%), or when we're below that.

The rest is read as much as you can =)

message 33: by Brandy (new)

Brandy (fantasyfan101) | 167 comments Hi all. I’m Brandy. I am mom to 3, 2 of whom are teens in high school. I teach Kindergarten in an inner city school. This is my third or fourth tower challenge. I enjoy mostly fantasy and YA but I throw in some other genres to mix it up a bit. I’m not a fan of anything set in modern times unless it’s a different culture from mine. I don’t like thrillers much either. I’m a huge fan of archaeological books, but they can be hard to find.

Self: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 34: by Sail ♛ (new)

Sail ♛ A Wicked Reader (sailordowden) | 230 comments It's so nice to meet all of you and I already know that we're going to have a great time reading together (;

My shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 35: by Sail ♛ (new)

Sail ♛ A Wicked Reader (sailordowden) | 230 comments Sarah, I think we were on the same team last year. Were you on Remus Lupin? I could be tripping but I swear we were on it together lol.

Rachel I like Ilona Andrews as well! The Kate Daniels series is one of my faves, and I'm eagerly awaiting the second book in The Iron Covenant to be released. I'm sad that it got pushed back! I haven't ever read any of their other stuff though.

Brandy, my favorite genres and fantasy and YA too! (:

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahjh26) | 571 comments Nope, but I was a fellow Gryff! Team Hermione Granger! But I was very active with the maze and we still talk in the thread, though I have been absent there lately. Jenny, who was in Remus Lupin, became one of the my favorite people!

I absolutely loved the whole thing and if I ever come across another HP challenge, I will run to join. I'm considering doing a series reread during this TT.

message 37: by Sail ♛ (new)

Sail ♛ A Wicked Reader (sailordowden) | 230 comments Sarah wrote: "Nope, but I was a fellow Gryff! Team Hermione Granger! But I was very active with the maze and we still talk in the thread, though I have been absent there lately. Jenny, who was in Remus Lupin, be..."

Okay I gotcha! That maze was so daunting and I was never around at the right times so I just stayed clear of it lol. And yes I love Jenny! She's so funny and nice.

Yeah it was definitely an awesome theme and everything was set up perfectly. You should do it, rereads are the best. And I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but "Book Roast" on Youtube hosts huge HP themed readathons twice a year for N.E.W.T.S. and O.W.L.S.! I'm not sure when her next one is though.

message 38: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1611 comments Was wondering if anyone was planning to read the BMOs for October?

Has anyone started planning books?

I was thinking of spending some time over the weekend researching books that would work for Sin Bingo.

message 39: by Sail ♛ (last edited Sep 26, 2019 08:51PM) (new)

Sail ♛ A Wicked Reader (sailordowden) | 230 comments Rosina wrote: "Was wondering if anyone was planning to read the BMOs for October?

Has anyone started planning books?

I was thinking of spending some time over the weekend researching books that would work for S..."

I'm not planning on reading the BOMs for October, but hopefully I'll be able to in the other months. I did read the first 30 pages of Wilder Girls in a sampler and enjoyed it, but I've heard that the general consensus for the book is that it's not great.

I haven't really planned any specific books yet. I have a big TBR in my room and there are several new releases that I'll be buying, but they can fit multiple sins so I'll just use them however we need.

Ugh I know! I thought Sin Bingo would be easy but I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head that would work.

message 40: by Mollie (new)

Mollie | 393 comments I have both BOMs on hold. it isn't looking promising for the first book but I should get my hands on wilder girls. I didn't sign up for writings dqs as I don't know if I'll have the books.

I've started thinking about other books but I haven't made any decisions. I'm just finishing up the floor is lava challenge and I think I'm on a team of 1 this week so that's where my energy and books are going.

message 41: by Tati (new)

Tati | 1133 comments where can I find the Sin Bingo tasks?

message 42: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments Paula posted three ways to meet each sin in one of the first posts. Sin bingo is meeting all three parts color, genre, and description. The anything goes sin you only need to meet color and genre.

message 43: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa | 1269 comments I am planning to read the backroom BOM. I have a hold on Gideon the Ninth but I’m not sure about it. Wilder Girls counts for sin bingo, so I’m going to try and read it. Depends on my library though.

message 44: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1611 comments I have the two BMOs on hold so hopefully I get them in time. I will do the backroom BMO.
for Sin Bingo I want to try and use books I have on hand instead of library books. hope to get a list started this weekend.

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahjh26) | 571 comments Sail- Thanks for the youtube recommendation! I'll definitely check it out.

I'll have to figure out if HP works with any of the sins. I haven't given the sins and requirements much thought as once I go down that rabbit hole, it'll be difficult to stop. I do hope to read The Return of the King as I've been putting it off. I may do some HP fanfiction as that definitely fits for a guilty pleasure! Other than that, I'm concentrating on finishing the books I already started.

I hadn't realized Wilder Girls is a sin bingo. I hope my hold comes through in time.

message 46: by Keri (new)

Keri | 183 comments Hi everyone! I’m Keri and my favorite series of all time is also Harry Potter! I’ve reread either through physical copy or audio probably at least 7 times lol. And I just started again last month with the first. Other than that my favorite book is Red Rising by Pierce Brown.

My favorite genres are fantasy, thriller and historical fiction probably. I like all of those in YA and some adult.
I’ll read other genres occasionally also.

I’m currently reading Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake which is the conclusion to one of my other favorite series so I’m taking it kind of slow since I don’t want the series to end lol

I’ll try to join in on Wilder Girls since I own it, and it would be sin bingo from what I’ve read in this chat.

I have a bunch of Halloween 🎃 ish (or seemingly so) books I have been saving for October so I’ll have to sort through them and see what works for this challenge and a couple others I’m in.

This is my first TT and I’m so excited! I’ve heard so much about it from my Turf Wars team in the Game Night group I had to come find it and luckily was in time to sign up. Everyone there says it’s their favorite challenge. I’m super sad I didn’t get to take part in the HP themed one last year!!

message 47: by Keri (new)

Keri | 183 comments Also, I’ve watched Book Roast on booktube and love the Harry Potter themed readathons. Ive watched several booktubers videos on theirs but haven’t taken part myself just because of having the time to devote when they were taking place but I’m hoping to next year, it seems so fun.

message 48: by Keri (last edited Sep 28, 2019 08:51AM) (new)

Keri | 183 comments I’m not sure if I can post my shelf through the app? I’ll have to wait and do it later but I’ll get mine posted too.

message 49: by Keri (last edited Sep 28, 2019 08:57AM) (new)

Keri | 183 comments Ok just went to the internet on my phone and I think this will work. Let me know if that’s what we want for posting my shelf.

message 50: by Paula (new)

Paula Reyes Wagner (paurw) | 1009 comments Sail, I particapet in the OWLS and NEWTS this year, and I can't wait to do that the next too.
Some bookstagrammers here in Chile organized a House Cup during the NEWTS and it was super fun, I'm a Ravenclaw, and Harry Potter is why I read at all, I started when I was 11, before the movies came out hahaha.
I read Chamber of Secrets this month, it was my first time reading it in english and I must say that the spanish translator did an awesome job! Maybe I'll read Prisoner of Azkaban for TT.

I checked my books, and I don't have any that fits a sin bingo, also, I don't read the BOMS as they're mostly books that haven't been published here yet, but if any of you wants to do DQs please do it =P.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21