Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tower Teams VII > Team Pride

Comments Showing 1-50 of 665 (665 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Oct 04, 2019 03:32AM) (new)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 18, 2019 08:31AM) (new)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Nov 08, 2019 04:51AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30803 comments Mod
Avarice Mini-Challenge Bingo Cards

Card 1
Card 2
Card 3

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 6: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2016 comments r

message 7: by Vicky (new)

message 8: by Vicky (new)

message 9: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1094 comments Hello Team Pride! Our thread is officially open for business -- so stop by and say hello, tell us about yourself! Let us know if you have any problems or questions.

I'm Stacey from North Carolina. I will be attempting to assist our fearless Captain Vicky as much as possible for the next few months. This is my 4th Tower Teams challenge, and it was my gateway challenge on Goodreads -- now I am incapable of not signing up for any and all. I am open to reading almost anything, but UF, romance of any kind, mysteries and thrillers are my go to choices.

message 10: by Dale (new)

Dale (watt2d) | 57 comments Hi everyone. I'm Dale and I live in Johannesburg South Africa. This is my first tower challenge. I love reading and not embarrassed to admit that I have quite a large collection of books. Thank goodness there are ebooks now or else I would have nowhere to sleep. Looking forward to the challenge and reading books and genres that I would not have normally read.

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Hey all! I’m Beth. I’m from Michigan USA. I want to say this is my third or fourth TT challenge! I can’t wait to meet everyone and get to reading.

My favorite genres are mystery, romance, and contemporary YA. Lately I’ve been on a huge contemporary YA kick, but it frequently changes

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments How is everyone's week so far? Anyone has plans for what they want to read during the challenge?

message 13: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1094 comments Dale wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Dale and I live in Johannesburg South Africa. This is my first tower challenge. I love reading and not embarrassed to admit that I have quite a large collection of books. Thank goo..."

Hey Dale! Quick time zone question --- are you around the same times as Europe? Or are you later?

The transition to ebooks has helped me save considerable shelf space as well -- I still have most of a wall in an extra room dedicated to bookshelves, but it has slowed the takeover. :)

message 14: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1094 comments Beth wrote: "How is everyone's week so far? Anyone has plans for what they want to read during the challenge?"

Hi Beth. My week is great right now as I'm getting ready to head to the beach this weekend...as soon as I can finish my work for the day. Hope yours is going well as well.

So far I have signed up for the Wilder Girls BOM and offered to write questions. For the first month or two I have to finish up a few other challenges, so my reading will depend on them, but I'm hoping to knock out a few of the bigger books on my list in December for extra points. I will admit I have not looked too closely at the book covers/categories associated with the "sins" yet, so don't have anything planned to match those specifically.

message 15: by Beth (last edited Sep 26, 2019 07:35AM) (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Stacey wrote: "Beth wrote: "How is everyone's week so far? Anyone has plans for what they want to read during the challenge?"

Hi Beth. My week is great right now as I'm getting ready to head to the beach this we..."

I should really look at the BOM closer now because I've had that ARC for a while and just haven't pick it up yet. So definitely going to participate in that.

I've looked a little at the sins and see there is one that ARCs count towards so I'll definitely be hitting that one quite a lot.

*cries in my 23% approval rating*

The beach sounds fabulous! That's going to be great

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Here is ours:

◈ Pride
- Color: Purple
- Genre: Contemporary
- Criteria: Only Award-Winning Books - Any Award as long as it can be linked or appears on Goodreads book page. Books with a mirror or jewels on the cover. Really Shiny books. LGBT books.

So I'll definitely get some points out of that as I read a ton of contemporary and LGBT

message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate (kcbond) | 505 comments I've been traveling for a work and just realized it helps when you have all your notifications turned on instead of off. I really dislike the goodreads app! :)

I'm Kate, I'm assisting as a co-captain. I'm from Oklahoma City and this is my second tower teams challenge - also my gateway. I'm ready for another one! I'm a reader of anything but historical fiction tends to be where I end up naturally drifting if I have a choice. My daughter, who is 6, is also a voracious reader so you will see a lot of chapter children's books popping up as well. :)

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3426 comments Hi everyone! I live in Southern California. I’m a moody reader, so I really have no idea what I’m reading next month yet. I’m participating in Game Night’s Turf Wars right now, so a lot of my reading is dictated by that.

I like a lot of genres, although lately I’ve read a lot of Reverse Harem within my preferred genres!

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate (kcbond) | 505 comments I just a did a deep dive on some of these categories to try and find Bingo and some of them are really hard.

message 20: by Dale (new)

Dale (watt2d) | 57 comments Stacey wrote: "Hey Dale! Quick time zone question --- are you around the same times as Europe? Or are you later?

The transition to ebooks has helped me save considerable shelf space as well -- I still have most of a wall in an extra room dedicated to bookshelves, but it has slowed the takeover. :)."

Hi Stacey,

Same time zone as Rome GMT - 2 that means I am 6 hours ahead of New York time.

message 21: by Anna Maria (new)

Anna Maria (annamariagr) | 23 comments Hi all! So excited to get started. I'm from Greece and this is my second tower team challenge. I mostly read fantasy but I also enjoy mystery thriller and horror from time to time. I'm going to take a look at the sins later to see which of my books fit.

message 22: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Going through all the sins and picking out some books already! I wanted to start a book today but saw that it works for one of the sins so I'm saving it for later lol

message 23: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2016 comments Hey everyone! Sorry it's taken me a few days to get checked-in, work has been nuts and I traveled for a wedding. To be honest, I've got my phone set up as a hot spot so I can spend some of this six hour drive back home getting some things set up for this challenge. I got my priorities in order! LOL

I'm Vicky and I'm your captain for this Tower Teams. I think this is my 5th tower teams, not to mention several Wheel-a-Thons, Gladiating, Wobbling and Cutthroating that has been done over the years! I'm super excited for this round of Tower Teams because my reading has been abysmal this year and I need the extra motivation to throw down some books. :)

message 24: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Vicky wrote: "Hey everyone! Sorry it's taken me a few days to get checked-in, work has been nuts and I traveled for a wedding. To be honest, I've got my phone set up as a hot spot so I can spend some of this six..."

Hi Vicky! Hope the wedding was fun. I’m excited to get started and get to know everyone

message 25: by Dale (new)

Dale (watt2d) | 57 comments Vicky wrote: "Hey everyone! Sorry it's taken me a few days to get checked-in, work has been nuts and I traveled for a wedding. To be honest, I've got my phone set up as a hot spot so I can spend some of this six..."

Glad you have your priorities right Vicky :)

message 26: by Robin (new)

Robin (rjoymichelle) Hi everyone!
My name is Robin and this is my first time participating in Tower Teams. It took me a while to respond here bc i was really busy these past few days but i’m so excited to read with y’all starting next week!

My favorite genre is Fantasy (ya or adult)
But i’m excited to see what the readathon brings :)

message 27: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments I think we'll be losing a couple players already since we had until today to check in, right?

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate (kcbond) | 505 comments If we do we will get replacements from the reserve list. I know Vicky was going to work on contacting the players who had not checked in yet.

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3426 comments Vicky, I've been on enough teams where you were the captain to know you don't want a separate Books Read thread, but how would you like us to report books? Do you have a format?

Also, I may have underestimated my reading. I forgot that Game Night's Turf Wars brings out the competitive in me sooooo bad! :) So I'll post my books, but if that puts us at too many in any give week, feel free to not use some of them.

message 30: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra  | 126 comments Hey everyone. I’m Alexandra. I’m in Texas USA. I try to read as much as I can and doing things like this really helps. Between work and school and kids it is a challenge that I love.

I will try to check in as often as possible but sometimes direct message is the best way to reach me so I can see it.

Here’s to a great tower challenge with an awesome team!

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 772 comments Hello....sorry im late checking in.....I'm Sallie & I live in Illinois, USA....southern Illinois half way exactly between Evansville and Terre Haute, Indiana....excited to play....

message 32: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Is it the 7th yet?? I need to double check what time the challenge starts for me but I’ll probab be at work

message 33: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1094 comments Beth, I was just trying to figure out what time it would start here as well! Usually they have a countdown clock, but I havent seen one yet.

message 34: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments I’m in EST so it looks like it will start at 5 pm on Sunday for me which is actually right about the time I usually get home from work

message 35: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra  | 126 comments I am so ready. I already have two son bingo books ready to start.

message 36: by Dale (new)

Dale (watt2d) | 57 comments I'm also getting excited just finishing off Floor is Lava challenge and then can switch focus to this new challenge

message 37: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Welcome to your new player!

Victoria

message 38: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1094 comments Hi Victoria! Welcome to Team Pride! I'm so glad you decided to sign up. :)

message 39: by Kate (new)

Kate (kcbond) | 505 comments Hi Victoria! Welcome to Pride! I'm also trying to finish up Lava. Hoping to finish my final book today so I have a bit of a breather (and this weekend is a total gauntlet) before we start on Monday!

message 40: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Hi Victoria! Glad you could join us :D

message 41: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments I’m trying to decide between finishing up my last two books before we start or wait to start one for the challenge and spend tomorrow after work going through more books for matches to sins

message 42: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 1132 comments Hi everyone! I'm so happy I made it to a team! I thought for sure I missed it entirely after longing into GR after a few weeks and seeing teams already formed.

Anyways, I'm Victoria and an American currently living in England. I'll read just about anything though tend to gravitate towards fantasy and romance and don't care too much for YA. I've been reading a lot of short, easy romances the last few months but now I'm looking forward to reading some horror and high-fantasy which seems to fit the colder months.

This is my fourth TT and also my gateway into challenges. This also remains my favorite challenge so I would have been distraught to have missed out XD

I haven't actually read the rules for this round as didn't want to get my hopes up too high on making a team, but will do so now!

message 43: by Dale (new)

Dale (watt2d) | 57 comments Moderators of NBRC wrote: "

Welcome to your new player!

• Victoria "

Yay welcome Victoria

message 44: by Dale (new)

Dale (watt2d) | 57 comments Beth wrote: "I’m trying to decide between finishing up my last two books before we start or wait to start one for the challenge and spend tomorrow after work going through more books for matches to sins"
Decisions, decisions....
I am planning for the challenge this weekend, while listening to an audio book. So I am able to do both at the same time.

I have a few challenges running at the moment and I try to match books to multiple challenges. Great fun and I get very creative with the choices.

I once had a book that matched 3 challenges for different reasons.

message 45: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 1132 comments I don’t think I’ll read the BOMs for this month but I did just purchase and volunteer for DQs for NOVs The Chestnut Man, so hopefully we can get some extra points!

Random, but does anyone else not like it when they colour the edges of book pages? My copy of The Chestnut Man has red edges along the pages and I really don’t like it :(

message 46: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1094 comments Victoria wrote: "I don’t think I’ll read the BOMs for this month but I did just purchase and volunteer for DQs for NOVs The Chestnut Man, so hopefully we can get some extra points!

Random, but does..."

I put my name in at the library for The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup so fingers crossed I can do that one. I'll probably try Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus and I can volunteer for questions unless someone else wants to read it.

Also, this month's Wilder Girls by Rory Power is a Sin bingo, so reading that one gives bonus and BOM points if anyone else is interested. I think Beth and I were planning on that one.

Only a few hours until starting time!

message 47: by Anna Maria (new)

Anna Maria (annamariagr) | 23 comments I hadn't noticed Wilder Girls is a bingo, I was already planning on reading it, so this is great. It's very hard to find any bingo on my books since I don't read many different genres.

message 48: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 1132 comments I have Wilder Girls on hold at my library but it's a ten-week wait so I'm not keeping my hopes up and not interested enough in it to buy it.

I'm struggling to find books that work for Sin Bingo, anyone have recommendations?

message 49: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1094 comments Victoria, I've found a few. I'll link what I have when I get home from work. It's mostly PNR and romantic suspense...not sure if those are interesting for you.

There's also a bingo thread in the Captains group so let me know which genre/sin you are most interested in and I can look there.

message 50: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 1132 comments Thanks! I do like PNR and rom-suspense, though not necessarily in the mood for them at the moment. Though that can easily change so any recs are welcome.

I'm mostly in the mood for Sloth/Dark Fantasy but other than Neverwhere (London Below, #1) by Neil Gaiman - which I saw while snooping on other teams (hehe), I haven't been able to find anything. Though I'm not opposed to rereading it.

During my snooping... I also saw The Ideal Bride (Cynster, #11) by Stephanie Laurens which works for Gluttony and is conveniently the next book in that series I need to read plus available at my library. Of course I'm not at all in the mood to read it, but I tend to fly through those books so I may as well.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14