Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tower Teams VII > Team Lust

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,675 (2675 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 53 54

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 18, 2019 08:30AM) (new)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 18, 2019 08:30AM) (new)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Nov 08, 2019 04:50AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30837 comments Mod
Avarice Mini-Challenge Bingo Cards

Card 1
Card 2
Card 3

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 6: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (last edited Oct 08, 2019 07:25AM) (new)

Judith (brownie72011) | 4839 comments Mod
Team Shelf Links:

• Judith: TT2019
• Jenny Stephenson: tower-7
• Sammy: deadlies
• Claire: Challenge teamtowervii
• Elen: tt vii 2019
• Sonia: lust ttvii
• Steven White: tt7 tower of sin
• Teddie: ttvii

message 7: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (last edited Dec 03, 2019 04:32AM) (new)

message 8: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (last edited Nov 14, 2019 04:58AM) (new)

Books Read by Team per Week

Goal: 38 books
-80% to 120% (plus 50pts): 30 to 45 books
-less than 80% (minus 20pts): 29 books or less
-120% to 250% (minus 100pts): 46 to 95 books
-250% (minus 200pts): 96 plus books

Tally of Currently Logged Books: 16
Book Left Before Penalty for being under 80%: 14
Books Left Before Penalty for going over 120%: 29

last updated 11/14

message 9: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (last edited Dec 04, 2019 08:40AM) (new)

Weeks 9&10 Mini Challenge: VANITY

Mini Challenge Rules

Favorite Books List for Vanity Challenge

Favorite Books

message 10: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (new)

Reserved

message 11: by Jenny (last edited Oct 13, 2019 06:07AM) (new)

Jenny | 4908 comments Here are links for the BOMs that are scheduled so far in case any of you want to sign up for DQs or participation.

Gideon the Ninth https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Wilder Girls
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Save the Date (Backroom BOM) https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

The Chestnut Man- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Two Can Keep A Secret- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 12: by Jenny (last edited Oct 27, 2019 02:08PM) (new)

Jenny | 4908 comments Wrath Mini books that do not need to be MPG Mystery...

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 4908 comments Res

message 14: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments Res

message 15: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments res

message 16: by Sammy (last edited Oct 11, 2019 11:14AM) (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments description

WELCOME TO TEAM LUST!

(sorry, couldn't help myself, lol)

message 17: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (new)

Hello Everyone!

Most of you are familiar faces in one way or another. Looking forward to sinning with all of you in this edition of TT.

I'll be updating my top posts with info, links, etc once I have a bit more time to get it all organized and posted.

I have to run, so will be back for more chatting later!!

message 18: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments Hi everyone,

A couple of you are not so familiar to me, but looking forward to getting to know you all!

Of course we are easily the most awesome team competing in this year's Tower Teams, so naturally we are going to have so much fun!

Also, Sonia keeps saying something about there being troublemakers in this team. I'm sure she must be mistaken, because I see nothing but haloes.

(ok, maybe a couple of them have slipped a little, but that's besides the point, right?)

message 19: by Teddie (new)

Teddie (teddieg) | 1455 comments I see a bunch of Gryffindors on this team, so trouble will definitely follow :)

message 20: by Elen (new)

Elen | 1091 comments A quick check-in to show that I'm still here and really excited to play with all of you, old friends.

@Teddie - That was my first thought after seeing the team list 🤣

message 21: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 4908 comments Sammy, I officially love you to bits now for posting the Hollywood Chrises!!!!!!!

I have been on teams with everyone here (except Sammy), and I am sooooo looking forward to being together on this lustful team!

We will have plenty of time before the challenge starts to make our probably really long lists of books, and to strategize, and to gossip and poke fun at each other other teams.

Welcome to the fun house everyone!!!

message 22: by Teddie (new)

Teddie (teddieg) | 1455 comments @Sammy - I agree with Jenny. Every team needs a bit of motivation and I can't think of a better way to motivate Team LUST. Perhaps our mascot should just be a lascivious tongue hanging out. :P

message 23: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments I may or may not have plans... ;)

message 24: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments Also, dibs on the Aussie one ;)

message 25: by Teddie (last edited Sep 18, 2019 01:20PM) (new)

Teddie (teddieg) | 1455 comments

message 26: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 9782 comments Mod
Sammy wrote: "Also, dibs on the Aussie one ;)"

Of whom our favourite movie scene is depicted :-D

message 27: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 4908 comments I am drooling on my keyboard. Is that wrong?

message 28: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments Jenny wrote: "I am drooling on my keyboard. Is that wrong?"

I'd be wondering what was wrong with you if you weren't!

In the meantime, I've been sitting here mesmerised by Teddie's gif for 5 minutes. I can see me getting nothing whatsoever done for the duration of this challenge...

message 29: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 4908 comments Hey guys, if you are looking for sin Bingo books, and the tag is towards the bottom of the first page, take a screen shot of it, or email yourself a copy. Tags will change if a bunch of people read the book.

message 30: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10173 comments Omg I'm so happy that I am on my phone right now because I need some time to recover....

message 31: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10173 comments Anyway, just checking in, because some evil mod said we needed to till the 1st or else.

I've been away on training, so I have a lot to catch up on, but will create shelves and whatnots soon.

It's weird not to be on the driver's seat but, if there's a team where I can skip it, this is the one.

message 32: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (last edited Sep 19, 2019 09:44AM) (new)

Some general housekeeping here, I have the shelf links in the top post for those I could find. I'll add the others later.

I've also added the standard links to rules, tineye, etc in a top post. Let me know if you'd like links to something else. I'll add the countdown clocks as they become available.

Finally, there is a link to the Tracking/Planning spreadsheet for the team.

EDIT: We are not using tineye for cover colors, but instead common sense and if uncertain the captains will take it to the captains group for a vote.

message 33: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments Judith wrote: "Some general housekeeping here, I have the shelf links in the top post for those I could find. I'll add the others later.

I've also added the standard links to rules, tineye, etc in a top post. Le..."

Sounds good to me. I've finished work for the day, so am filling in some more of the bingo tab. I'm checking with Tineye as I go :)

message 34: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments Sonia wrote: "Omg I'm so happy that I am on my phone right now because I need some time to recover...."

Hehe... welcome back, lol.

message 35: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (new)

Some info about the Tracking Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

We aren't planning to use completion posts but just have people log their books on the Book Log tab in the spreadsheet. Feel free to log books you plan to read and then fill in the date read when done.

In addition to the book log there are suggestion tabs for books that work for Sin Bingo, cover color, and top shelves. Add any books that you'd like to recommend to the team where appropriate. On these tabs, once you select the sin the cover color/top shelf will auto populate as appropriate. Page points will also calculate.

Tabs on sin information and members were copied over from the official spreadsheet for reference.

Open to any and all improvements to the tracking sheet.

message 36: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (new)

Let me know if anyone has access issues to the tracking sheet, permissions should allow anyone to edit.

And if for any reason you can't update the tracking sheet with a completed book, please just post the necessary info here and we'll get it logged for you.

There will be weekly check-ins for book totals, so while you don't need to log books immediately, we will need your books completed before the cut off on a weekly basis. But we can worry about that later.

Okay, I think that is all for my boring housekeeping posts :P

message 37: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (new)

Sammy wrote: "Judith wrote: "Some general housekeeping here, I have the shelf links in the top post for those I could find. I'll add the others later.

I've also added the standard links to rules, tineye, etc in..."

Thank you!

message 38: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 3581 comments Hey guys ! I'm so excited about this group challenge :) It's gonna be fun !

@Judith, I can access the Tracking Spreadsheet just fine. No problem on my part

Also, here is my Team Tower shelf: Challenge-TeamTowerVII

message 39: by Elen (new)

Elen | 1091 comments Captains or Sonia (Mod) I have Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality as an ebook... I'm thinking to read it if it will count... So, is fan-fic acceptable to read for TT (last year was allowed, not sure about this year)?

message 40: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (new)

Elen wrote: "Captains or Sonia (Mod) I have Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality as an ebook... I'm thinking to read it if it will count... So, is fan-fic acceptable to read for TT (last ..."

I see nothing in the rules precluding reading it. It's on GRs, isn't an omnibus or anything that needs to be split apart. So I would say it's a valid book to read.

message 41: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10173 comments Good Morning Mistresses of Lust!!!!!

(That's what I'm calling our mighty caps *giggles*)

So, here's my shelf for the challenge lust_ttvii

I need to look at my TBR, to draft a plan... before right from the top of my head I have a Sin Bingo for Lust. Lots of stalled series for Sloth... Anita Blake series that can be either work as guilty pleasure or binge reading for gluttony... and so on...

So I need to have a serious look at the sins - even if they were my ideas, there's seven of them... brain is too crowded to know exactly what goes where. LOL

message 42: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments I've got a couple of envy bingos (for once I'm actually appreciating people mis-shelving Pratchett as young adult. usually it just infuriates me, lol), but not much for the other sins. Have a few nice red covers though :)

message 43: by Elen (new)

Elen | 1091 comments Judith wrote: "I see nothing in the rules precluding reading it. It's on GRs, isn't an omnibus or anything that needs to be split apart. So I would say it's a valid book to read."

Thank you!! Now I just have to read it, so much point :P

message 44: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (new)

I put some Lust bingos I found on the suggestion bingo tab, I did a genre search then went for the red covers. Though some had guilty pleasures towards the bottom of page 1, double checking the top shelf situation before reading is a good idea.

But Sammy certainly found a nice list of envy bingos!

Some others are trickling on there, please add any you find :)

message 45: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10173 comments For some weird reason, one of the few portuguese books on my TBR is marked as dystopia, and it's yellow As Intermitências da Morte by José Saramago

Too bad the English version, "Death at Intervals" or "Death with Interruptions", depending on editions, is black. Otherwise it would be a good Avarice Bingo.

message 46: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 2278 comments Hello Team Lust! :)

This is Team Sloth dropping by & wishing You All happy reading! :)

*waving to Sammy, Jenny, Elen* :)

description

message 47: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments There's still plenty more envy bingos to be added to the list. I'll get them up over the weekend, got to dash to neurology appointment now. (and hopefully will return with new meds that make migraines go bye-bye, giving me more reading time, lol!)

message 48: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments Melindam wrote: "Hello Team Lust! :)

This is Team Sloth dropping by & wishing You All happy reading! :)

*waving to Sammy, Jenny, Elen* :)

"

*waves back*

message 49: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (new)

Ugh, migraines. I hope it goes how you want Sammy!

I plan to work through the other sins to find books that work, but we head out for vacation tomorrow so won’t be getting to it for a few days at least.

message 50: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 4731 comments Judith wrote: "Ugh, migraines. I hope it goes how you want Sammy!

I plan to work through the other sins to find books that work, but we head out for vacation tomorrow so won’t be getting to it for a few days at ..."

You and me both! Been getting them every day for 3 years now. I'm ready to move on and be done with that now, lol.
Finally got to see the neurologist for the first time in Jan. He said he'd see me in 3 months to see how drugs were working (answer: not well), and 3 months is apparently doctor code for 8 months!
Ah, the NHS... you get what you pay for... :)

Have an awesome trip Judith! Won't ask you where you're going, because I'll only be jealous and will end up getting myself transferred to one of the green teams, lol.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 53 54