Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)
This topic is about An Ember in the Ashes
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > An Ember in the Ashes [September 23, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod

message 2: by Gaea (new) - added it

Gaea | 90 comments Finished with Chapter 3~

I have mixed feelings so far. I'm not used to 1st person POV so I struggled a little with it; they tend to be a hit or miss with me, but this one seems alright. The pacing is fast already, was all but dropped into the action. Which is great, I guess, but I think it may have been a bit too fast.

(view spoiler)

Katie Koloske | 1822 comments I was just gonna check in and see if anyone had started yet XD I'm gonna try and start today Gaea, then I wanna see what spoilers you have written XD

message 4: by Katie (last edited Sep 25, 2019 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katie Koloske | 1822 comments Finished Chapter 3 ~
I kinda haveta agree with you Gaea, (view spoiler)

Katie Koloske | 1822 comments Finished Part 1 ~ The Raid
Okay okay, so now things are heating up. mhm mhm. I still favor Elias over Laia so far. The girl is a bit too mousey and whiney for me ^^;

Elias ~ (view spoiler)

Laia ~ (view spoiler)

message 6: by Gaea (new) - added it

Gaea | 90 comments Finished with Part 1~!

Story is moving at a good pace. I can't decide if I prefer Elias or Laia more... Elias isn't so "useless", so to speak, but that same could possibly mean Laia having a great character arc so I'm a bit hyped on that potential...! (Yeah, this will probably come back to haunt me later...)

(view spoiler)

Katie Koloske | 1822 comments Love your thoughts for part one Gaea! So much to discuss so far :D
You're probably right in that they are working for Laia to have some big character arc, we shall see ^^

Commandant ~ (view spoiler)

Magic ~ (view spoiler)

Helene ~ (view spoiler)

Setting ~ (view spoiler)

Keenan ~ (view spoiler)

message 8: by Katie (last edited Oct 04, 2019 12:49PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katie Koloske | 1822 comments So so many love triangles in this book. Well, maybe not triangles. But lots of emotions from these young folks. Anyways, here are some thoughts through Chapter 36
(view spoiler)

Katie Koloske | 1822 comments Just finished Part II: The Trials
So so many emotions... (view spoiler)

Katie Koloske | 1822 comments Hiya! Just finished this one. Okay, gotta say, things started kinda slow with this book, right? It was kinda a 2.5 star for me. But with that ending, I'm gonna bump it up to 3 stars. Because while the world building never fully happened to the extent I wished I did get really attached to the main characters in this series. And with all that happened at the end there.... well yeah XD

(view spoiler)

Can't wait to see your thoughts @ Gaea :D

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7567 comments Only 3 stars? Sorry you didn't love this one so much! I read this a while ago and my memory is dreadful, so reading your spoilers has helped! I really loved this, it blew me away somehow! I wasn't as fond of book 2, but I definitely want to continue with book 3 soon.

Katie Koloske | 1822 comments I know I know, I had really high hopes too for this one ^^; I've heard so many good things about the series. I think the YA main characters bugged me in some points of the story, lol. You gotta love at least some of the characters in a series, no? I'm not too sure, but I still wanna continue on with it ^~^ Oh no! You didn't care for book 2?