Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Netflix: In the Tall Grass (Based on King & Hill's novella)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6711 comments Nice, I'll be sure to add it.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Awesome!! You guys are keeping me up on my Netflix 😉 list!

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 898 comments Is it UK as well as US?

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6711 comments Steve wrote: "Is it UK as well as US?"

This one I also saw mentioned on a UK site, The Sun.

message 5: by Bridie (new)

Bridie (bridiev) | 3 comments Haven't seen it but i'm not sure I intend to, it has received some pretty poor reviews so I wouldn't get your hopes up for a good adaptation.

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6711 comments I watched it. I have not read the novella so I don't know if the movie is accurate. I found it to be a bit strange.

message 7: by Daffy (new)

Daffy True (shasarazad) | 42 comments The movie was ok but not great. Some parts had me wonder if it was changes or if I just blanked while listening to the audio book lol.

message 8: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 898 comments We watched this last Saturday and unfortunately found it very disappointing. The acting was ok with Patrick Wilson being as good as ever BUT the script felt a little formulaic which I am sure the novella isnt. 5/10. It was ok.

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 145 comments I watched it. I was a little confused about what in the heck was going on. But I did like the ending.

message 10: by Wine of Ages (new)

Wine of Ages I flew to read the short story before watching this movie. It was ok, I enjoyed it. I liked the differences it had from the book. The book naturally is a bit more gruesome and I liked the ending to the it over the movie.

message 11: by Alan (new)

Alan | 4488 comments Mod
For the first 20 minutes or so I thought, wow, not only is this pretty damn true to the story, but it looks almost exactly as I pictured it. Then the movie went on for another 1:28. And on. And on. And on. And more and more stuff that made me finally not give a fuck any longer.

description

message 12: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 898 comments Alan wrote: "For the first 20 minutes or so I thought, wow, not only is this pretty damn true to the story, but it looks almost exactly as I pictured it. Then the movie went on for another 1:28. And on. And on...."

Totally agree Alan. It definitely felt like they deliberately dragged it out!