Horror Aficionados discussion

Horror Sub-Genres > Steampunk Horror

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken B (new)

Ken B | 6473 comments A genre of science fiction that has a historical setting and typically features steam-powered machinery rather than advanced technology.

Let's concentrate on horror examples of the genre.

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Steampunk horror?! I didn't know this existed and I've never thought to combine the two and I write horror and just recently started writing steampunk.

message 4: by Ken B (new)

Ken B | 6473 comments Justin wrote: "Steampunk horror?! I didn't know this existed and I've never thought to combine the two and I write horror and just recently started writing steampunk."

There should be more!

message 5: by Randy (new)

Randy Money | 242 comments Not entirely sure about these. I'm not sure the Bear qualifies as horror or the Priest qualifies as Steampunk:
New Amsterdam
Dreadful Skin

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Ken B wrote: "Justin wrote: "Steampunk horror?! I didn't know this existed and I've never thought to combine the two and I write horror and just recently started writing steampunk."

There should be more!"

Agreed! The delightfully classic Steampunk mixed with the twisted genre of horror would create wonders!

message 7: by Chandler (new)

Chandler | 131 comments My favorite steampunk horror novel is Boneshaker Boneshaker (The Clockwork Century, #1) by Cherie Priest . It's the first book in a sci-fi series, but the following books have yet to live up to the first one. It's creepy and full of action throughout, with lots of zombies and great character.

message 8: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Chandler wrote: "My favorite steampunk horror novel is BoneshakerBoneshaker (The Clockwork Century, #1) by Cherie Priest. It's the first book in a sci-fi series, but the following books have yet to live up to the first one. ..."

I heard so much about this book when I went to a Steampunk discussion a few months back. All the people recommended it and spoke highly of it.

message 9: by Chandler (new)

Chandler | 131 comments Chandler wrote: "My favorite steampunk horror novel is BoneshakerBoneshaker (The Clockwork Century, #1) by Cherie Priest. It's the first book in a sci-fi series, but the following books have yet to live up to the first one. ..."

If you like steampunk, you'll enjoy it. I read it for a college class, believe it or not. I ignored more pressing homework to finish the book as soon as I could.

message 10: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments My library has it so I may check it out

message 11: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments I attended my cities 3rd annual Steampunk Festival on October 26th. I had so much fun and it was great to see all the people dressed up. After attending it, it's made me want to write steampunk and I'm gonna take a stab at steampunk horror!

message 12: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller | 1863 comments Chandler wrote: "My favorite steampunk horror novel is BoneshakerBoneshaker (The Clockwork Century, #1) by Cherie Priest. It's the first book in a sci-fi series, but the following books have yet to live up to the first one. ..."

I've owned this book since it came out; I need to get to it. thanks for reminding me.... ugh

message 13: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments This year's steampunk festival in my town is going to be virtual on their YouTube channel. It won't be as good as attending in person but will definitely be good.

I still plan on reading more steampunk horror and I also plan on writing a series of steampunk horror stories.

message 14: by Lora (new)

Lora Milton | 202 comments I believe Whitechapel Gods by S.M. Peters comes into this category.