Point Blank discussion

Wider Reading > Nigerian Noir - Easy Motion Tourist (Leye Adenle)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Geoff (new)

Geoff Smith (oncewewerefiction) | 124 comments Mod
The first Point Blank group poll. Need to get my ass in gear to read My Sister, the Serial Killer too!

message 2: by Kurt (new)

Kurt (aquaranger) | 44 comments I’m looking forward to reading this one with the group!

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin | 95 comments Me too. It's waiting for me on my kindle.

message 4: by Geoff (new)

I've got mine second hand and on it's way - £6.50 for a kindle file is a bit rich for me. Also should give me time to read 'My Sister...'

message 5: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 15 comments £6.50 came to $8.11 at current rate of exchange.

I got it for $7.99, but I balked at 655 pp.!!

Is this frickin Clockers, or something? Approximately four times longer than I would expect.

message 6: by Kurt (new)

Kurt (aquaranger) | 44 comments Yeah I don’t think that page count is right. It mentioned time to read at just over 4 hours and the second book in the series wasn’t that long.

message 7: by Geoff (new)

Mine arrived yesterday. Great cover. Ready to go.

message 8: by Geoff (new)

I've read the first few chapters - life stuff really slowing me down - I liked the first chapter. I liked the next few chapters less. I'm needing someone to root for.

message 9: by Kurt (new)

Kurt (aquaranger) | 44 comments I’ve been late to check in on this one. I finished it, but I didn’t find this first book in the series as engaging as the 2nd book. I’m not sure exactly why. Setting up characters? The character of Guy doesn’t play a big role in book 2 and I felt his point of view was a bit flat. Anyone else have any thoughts?

message 10: by Geoff (new)

Got to admit, I've got bogged down at about the 100 page mark. High school teaching and tutoring and childcare stuff is wiping me out - so I'm not sure I'm going to finish it, especially as I have the new Steph Cha novel on my kindle.

message 11: by Justin (new)

Justin | 95 comments I haven't even started. . . :/

message 12: by Simon (new)

Simon (toastermantis) | 19 comments Looks interesting. There's probably a huge untapped universe of crime fiction from outside North America and Western Europe that most readers haven't even heard about. I am grateful for Point Blank bringing attention to all this.

message 13: by Joe (new)

Joe Nicholl | 75 comments Mod
I just bought Easy Motion Tourist...looking forward to reading it...will start in a week after Point Blank and Ticket To Hell by Harry Whittington...

message 14: by Joe (new)

Joe Nicholl | 75 comments Mod
Kurt wrote: "I’ve been late to check in on this one. I finished it, but I didn’t find this first book in the series as engaging as the 2nd book. I’m not sure exactly why. Setting up characters? The character of..."
yeah, i also found the character Guy to be flat...what the whole book needed was a complete edit by the publisher...there is lapses and unneeded fluff in EMT, which could be expected in a first time novel. So I don't blame the author,...i put up a review on pg three over on Currently Reading discussion...