Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking Beta Readers for 87k Erotic Romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (last edited Sep 17, 2019 05:31AM) (new)

Alex Markson (amarksonauthor) | 15 comments I am looking for a few beta readers for my latest novel. It's the second in a series, so if you've read the first (Sally's Shadow) that would be great, but I can easily provide a summary of the main events to get you started.

It will be ready to read by the beginning of October, and, ideally, I'd appreciate feedback by the end of October (earlier if you can manage it!).

Title: New Temptations
Series Title: Kinky Companions
Genre: Erotic Romance
Word count: 87,000
POV: First person, triple POV
Sex Scenes: Explicit MF and FF, including sensual, pain, control, sub, dom; nothing extreme.
Violence: None

This is the blurb:

The second episode in the addictive Kinky Companions series.

In Sally’s Shadow, Sally and Marcus spent the best part of a year facing their demons and exploring their fantasies. After falling in love, they decided to move in together. Now, the story continues …

When they find the perfect house, they set about turning it into their home. A place where they can live their ideal lives. Quiet companionship, mixed with periods of wild fantasy. Where they can push each other’s limits and take their relationship to new heights.

The arrival of a mysterious safety deposit box brings Sally back to the enigma that was her father. Does she want to unravel the stories hinted at by the box’s contents? Or will she just let it go?

Her best friend, Lucy, is having problems of her own. Her estranged family disowned her years ago when she told them she was gay. When they reach out to her in a moment of crisis, she has to decide how to respond.

A holiday with Sally in Italy turns out to be a revelation for both of them.

Add in some bags of precious gems, a visit to a lap-dancing club, a Fetish Play Party, and a hint of bigamy and all the ingredients are there for a great erotic read.

This is the second book in the Kinky Companion series, intended for readers 18+.

If you’re interested, get in touch. I can provide .doc, .mobi, .pdf or .epub versions. I'd be grateful if you could give me some idea of your timescales as well. Any questions, please ask.

message 2: by Tammyl67 (new)

Tammyl67 | 5 comments I would be happy to read for you. Be aware that I have not read the first book, so if this book is not a stand alone, it may be difficult to understand the backstory.

Let me know the type of feedback to which you are particularly interested. Typically I can provide feedback in 1-2 weeks (maybe shorter).

PM me if interested.

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Markson (amarksonauthor) | 15 comments Tammyl67 wrote: "I would be happy to read for you. Be aware that I have not read the first book, so if this book is not a stand alone, it may be difficult to understand the backstory.

Tammy,

Thanks for your reply. As I said in the post, I hope to have the manuscript ready for beta by the end of September, so if it’s okay with you, I’ll DM you then.

Alex

message 4: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Davis (kirstiemdavis) | 7 comments Hey Alex! I'm happy to read it. I haven't read the first book but if I can find it before you're ready to send out the 2nd, I can definitely read it first if that is more helpful to you.

My normal turn around time is about 2 weeks.

If you're still needing readers you can pm me here or my email address is kirstiem.davis@gmail.com.

message 5: by Keldi (new)

Keldi Hale | 6 comments I'd like to read for you. Turn around should be about two weeks. Please send in word doc to Keldihale@gmail.com.