Championing Book Reviewers discussion

Favourite Bookish Quotes

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews] (last edited Sep 17, 2019 03:31AM) (new)

Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews]  (vaishalid) | 91 comments Mod
So, from the hundreds, maybe thousands of books we have read i'm more than sure that we've collected and pocketed all the pieces of dialogue and quotes that we just love and mean so much to us. I know that i have SO many, and there are just too many to choose from, so this chat will be dedicated to any and all of your favourite bookish quotes. Feel free to keep adding because i most likely will!

I'm going to start with the all-seeing, all-knowing J.K. Rowling

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

message 2: by Tahera (new)

Tahera | 22 comments "I am half hope, half agony" - Persuasion. ❤️

message 3: by Kilikina (new)

Kilikina (kilikinareadsbooks) | 2 comments Omg, there are so many I love- here are just a few I can think of off the top of my head!

“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever." -Walt Disney

“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.” -Walt Disney

“To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.” -Sarah J. Maas

“One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.” -Karen Marie Moning

“Nobody looks good in their darkest hours. But it's those hours that make us what we are." -Karen Marie Moning

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” -J.K. Rowling

“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.” -Markus Zusak

Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews]  (vaishalid) | 91 comments Mod
Quite a few coming up here....

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” -J.K. Rowling

“Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.” - J.K. Rowling

“You could rattle the stars," she whispered. "You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.” - Sarah J. Maas

“And the mountains may rise and fall, and the sun might wither away, and the sea may claim the land and swallow the sky. But you will always be mine. And the stars might fall from the heavens, and night might cloak the earth, but until darkness dies, I will always be yours.” - Laura Thalassa

“What is it like? Manon asked quietly. 'To love.' 'It was like dying a little every day. It was like being alive, too. It was joy so complete it was pain. It destroyed me and unmade me and forged me. I hated it, because I knew I couldn't escape it, and knew it would forever change me.'" - Sarah J. Maas

“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.” - Veronica Roth

“Words can be twisted into any shape. Promises can be made to lull the heart and seduce the soul. In the final analysis, words mean nothing. They are labels we give things in an effort to wrap our puny little brains around their underlying natures, when ninety-nine percent of the time the totality of the reality is an entirely different beast. The wisest man is the silent one. Examine his actions. Judge him by them.” - Karen Marie Moning

“Some people bring out the worst in you, others bring out the best, and then there are those remarkably rare, addictive ones who just bring out the most. Of everything.
They make you feel so alive that you'd follow them straight into hell, just to keep getting your fix.” - Karen Marie Moning

“Time heals.
No, it doesn't. At best, time is the great leveler, sweeping us all into coffins. We find ways to distract ourselves from the pain. Time is neither scalpel nor bandage. It is indifferent. Scar tissue is not a good thing. It is merely the wound's other face.” - Karen Marie Moning

“Although it may not seem like it, this isn’t a story about darkness. It’s about light. Kahlil Gibran says Your joy can fill you only as deeply your sorrow has carved you. If you’ve never tasted bitterness, sweet is just another pleasant flavor on your tongue. One day I’m going to hold a lot of joy.” - Karen Marie Moning