Book Lovers discussion

Book Dissussions

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) this page is for any book disscussions!

message 2: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) I would love to know your guys favorite.

To Kill A Mockingbird.

Pride And Predujudice

Harry Potter

Keeper of the lost cities

Which one???

message 3: by Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your (last edited Nov 22, 2019 05:44AM) (new)

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Keeper of the Lost Cities & To Kill a Mockingbird

ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO MAKE ME CHOOSE?

message 4: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) I know...such a hard choice. Who's your favorite character in to kill a mockingbird?

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) That's hard. I liked Dill, until I saw the movie with him and his huge buck teeth that I couldn't take my eyes off of! I like Scout, but I guess everyone does, her being the main character!!! (Scout's older brother's name just totally spaced me haha!) was a fun character to read about. How he actually thinks through things a little more than the others. But her dad was also fun.

My favorite part of the book, however, is easy. I loved the part where they had gotten attacked as they were walking home from the Christmas pageant, it just trapped me in and I didn't want to stop reading. (it was homework so I had to!)

message 6: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) I would love to see the movie. I like Dill the best. I personally don't really like Jem.

Have you read Go Set A Watchman?

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) I saw the movie because it was a school assignment

No

message 8: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 19 comments So of the two I've read on the list I'm leaning towards Harry Potter.

My fav character of To Kill a Mockingbird is Maudie Atkinson. I want to be her when I grow up. She fully supports what Atticus stands for and goes out of her way to befriend his children while they are going through tribulations. She is prickly and spunky.

I have P&P on my to be read list. I have had a harder time getting into Austen books because it isn't my normal genre that I choose to read. That being said I have read two of her books and enjoyed them.

I have never heard of Keeper of the Lost Cities.

message 9: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Morgan wrote: "So of the two I've read on the list I'm leaning towards Harry Potter.

My fav character of To Kill a Mockingbird is Maudie Atkinson. I want to be her when I grow up. She fully supports what Atticu..."

Maudie Atkinson us pretty great. I do love her as well. I personally have never read Harry Ptter. But I know it is a very popular series.

You have never read Keeper Of The lost Series? Well, I do encourage you to check it out. If you like Harry Potter, you will like Keeper Of The Lost Cities.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Ella wrote: "Morgan wrote: "So of the two I've read on the list I'm leaning towards Harry Potter.

My fav character of To Kill a Mockingbird is Maudie Atkinson. I want to be her when I grow up. She fully suppo..."

I also encourage you to check it out! I don't know if that would really be the genre you'd enjoy, but if you loved Harry Potter, then it might be inside your genre.

message 11: by Ella (new)

Ella K | 18 comments Mod
I'm currently blushing. I've only read 1 Harry Potter (book 1) and Keeper of the Lost Cities. I need to read more...
I love Keeper of the Lost Cities SO Much. It is a really interesting book and has strong characters. You should check it out.

message 12: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 19 comments Thanks yall (I'm southern) sounds like I'm going to need to check out the KOTLC series. I might add it to my audio book list. I have one night that I clean overnight at my job. I listen to audio books when cleaning. I love having a job that I can do that with.

I loved the HP series. The movies are good no doubt, but the books are great.

message 13: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Let me know if you check it out.
I would love to chat about books with you 😊

message 14: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 19 comments Oh and I have never read Go Set A Watchman. I have heard such mixed reviews on it that I currently don't think I will read it. I don't want to change my opinion of To Kill A Mockingbird.

message 15: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Morgan wrote: "Oh and I have never read Go Set A Watchman. I have heard such mixed reviews on it that I currently don't think I will read it. I don't want to change my opinion of To Kill A Mockingbird."

I actully would not recommend reading it. I read it early this summer and it did change my opinions on the book. I still love the book. But the book did not turn out like I imagned it.

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary | 9 comments Morgan wrote: "So of the two I've read on the list I'm leaning towards Harry Potter.

My fav character of To Kill a Mockingbird is Maudie Atkinson. I want to be her when I grow up. She fully supports what Atticu..."

I have successfully read Jane Austin on audiobooks. I started with Pride and Prejudice it was much easier to follow on audio.

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary | 9 comments Ella Meylin wrote: "I would love to know your guys favorite.

To Kill A Mockingbird.

Pride And Predujudice

Harry Potter

Keeper of the lost cities

Which one???"

I have never heard of Keeper of the Lost Cities. Will have to check this out. But of the others To Kill a Mockingbird would be my choice. I have read all the Harry Potter books and I enjoyed them.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Morgan wrote: "Oh and I have never read Go Set A Watchman. I have heard such mixed reviews on it that I currently don't think I will read it. I don't want to change my opinion of To Kill A Mockingbird."

Yay!

message 19: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 19 comments Sushie wrote: Yay!

😆

message 20: by Morgan (last edited Oct 02, 2019 06:18PM) (new)

Morgan Fogelstrom | 19 comments Mary wrote: I have successfully read Jane Austin on audiobooks. I started with Pride and Prejudice it was much easier to follow on audio.

This is how I read Emma. I really enjoyed it, but also wanted to smack the lead protagonist. I then remembered why this story felt so familiar and being a quintessential 90's teen I remembered the movie Clueless. I never can get over just how many times these movies are based off of classics.

message 21: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Mary wrote: "Morgan wrote: "So of the two I've read on the list I'm leaning towards Harry Potter.

My fav character of To Kill a Mockingbird is Maudie Atkinson. I want to be her when I grow up. She fully suppo..."

I have read all the Jane Austen Novals. Love them so much!

message 22: by Ella Meylin (new)

Ella Meylin (ellameylin) Morgan wrote: "Mary wrote: I have successfully read Jane Austin on audiobooks. I started with Pride and Prejudice it was much easier to follow on audio.

This is how I read Emma. I really enjoyed it, but also wan

Totally agree!