I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BotM Nominations > Nominations for October's Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kait (new)

Kait (kaitlphere) | 139 comments Mod
What trade should we read together for our [insert month] Comic Book of the Month? Nominate your pick here!

This month's theme is "nonfiction or memoir genre."

Titles nominated this month must be a nonfiction or memoir book. If you have any questions or concerns, please send a message to mod Kait, who is happy to help. You can find the complete 2019 theme calendar here.

Remember:
- Nominated titles must be TPB comics or original graphic novels.
- Only the first volume of a series may be nominated, unless the group has already read the previous volume(s) as a book of the month. To see what we've read, check out our group's bookshelf.
- Nominated titles cannot have the same writer as the previous month's BotM winner. This month, that's Jeff Lemire.
- Nominated titles must fit the month's theme. To see past and upcoming themes, check out the 2018 theme calendar and the 2019 theme calendar.
- Only one nomination per person.
- You can "second" a nomination in place of nominating a different book, but this will count as your nomination for the month. Seconded books will receive an additional chance of being selected in the randomization process.
- If a title you nominate wins BotM, please refrain from nominating another title for one month to give others a chance.

Nomination & Voting Schedule:
To better accommodate our increasing number of members, the nomination and voting schedule is as follows every month:

16th: Nomination forum opens
23rd: Nomination forum closes; 5 nominations are selected at random; Voting opens
30th: Voting closes

More details on our updated nomination and voting procedures can be found here.

message 2: by Rick (new)

Rick Zinn | 3 comments I looked at the list and unless I missed it. I nominate John Lewis March- Book One.

message 3: by Kait (new)

Kait (kaitlphere) | 139 comments Mod
Rick wrote: "I looked at the list and unless I missed it. I nominate John Lewis March- Book One."

What a fast reply! We did read March: Book One in February 2017, but we have not read March: Book Two as a group if you'd like to nominate that one instead!

message 4: by John (new)

John | 2 comments I’d like to nominate My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf

message 5: by Inga (new)

Inga | 31 comments I nominate Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel

message 6: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 238 comments They Called Us Enemy by George Takei

message 7: by Axel (new)

Axel | 11 comments Though more autobiographical I nominate the French title "Daisy" about Her Highness the future Margrethe II.

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 34 comments I second They Called Us Enemy by George Takei

message 9: by Oneirosophos (new)

Oneirosophos | 28 comments I third that masterpiece! They Called Us Enemy is amazing!!!

message 11: by Axel (new)

Axel | 11 comments Axel wrote: "Though more autobiographical I nominate the French title "Daisy" about Her Highness the future Margrethe II."

Perhaps https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... is a more proper title.

message 12: by Jeffrey (last edited Sep 20, 2019 11:18AM) (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.