What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Suspense/ apocalypse type of theme in small farm town in America involving military and sketchy government answers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn Burleson | 2 comments Takes place in a modern small farm town in America, most likely midwest, with an older woman in her 50/60s is the main character. Her husband and her are empty nesters so she has become active in the church where there are signs of some kind of outbreak happening across the country. Shortly after military start to enter the town and take over sections of the town (maybe the school?) for them to use and bring people into them. Townspeople don't know if there is a disease or war but the woman ends up in one of the areas sectioned off almost like prison or some type of quarantine. Her husband finds her and tries to break into the outside fenced in gate and a group of other men also try to break in. Read this book probably in the 2015-2017 years so details are fuzzy and I don't think I finished it but I would like to find it and reread it.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Jordyn, are there zombies? (Spoilers are okay - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

Can we eliminate Resurrection America by Jeff Gunhus?

What are the couple's jobs/skills?

message 3: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn Burleson | 2 comments It is almost like resurrection america!! Very close with the military and invasion of a small town.
It could have been zombies but the main perspective of the book was from the main characters point of view and they didn't have much clue what was going on so neither did the reader (I'm not too entirely sure, I don't think I finished the book). The main character was a woman who was retired but she was heavily active in her church. Her husband was a farmer and they were empty nesters.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15746 comments Still looking, Jordyn?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Resurrection America (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeff Gunhus (other topics)