Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Two authors are one!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian Palmquist | 3 comments For one brief shining moment Amazon listed me as two authors, with/without my middle name (I prefer without). Been sorted out (I think—Amazon is somewhat impenetrable). Goodreads has done the same, but I thought was fixed. In trying to post the ebook version of my latest non-fiction book (the paperback is already posted), I got a message, "Asin is taken by an existing book with the title "An Architect's Guide to Construction-Second Edition: Enduring Ways in the Age of Immediacy". Search for B07XVS83JQ in the header to view it. If you believe this is an error please double-check your data, then check the Goodreads Librarians group. ASINs are optional so you can also add this book without an ASIN." How can I fix this and get the book "up" where I want it? Thanks!

message 2: by Emily (last edited Sep 16, 2019 01:29PM) (new)

Emily | 12998 comments I've moved the book to your profile and combined it with the other ones. Since your middle name is not on the cover, it does not have to be listed that way on Goodreads.
The Adding New Books folder is for requesting new books to be added. Next time please post in the Book Issues folder.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41674 comments Mod
The Adding New Books folder is for requesting the addition of books that don't yet exist on Goodreads. Moved to Book Issues.

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian Palmquist | 3 comments Thanks so far. Now the new book is in my profile but not on my author dashboard...should this discussion be under “Book issues”? Thanks

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 12998 comments rivka moved it to Book Issues. I saw one edition that had not been changed so I changed it. There should be two total books on your dashboard. Librarians do not have access to that.