Turneren
This topic is about Turneren
Book Issues > Add info / corrections

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments add ISBN-10: 82-05-33169-3

331 pages per my copy

correction publisher: Gyldendal

add the following text as last paragraph of description (in italics) and also as a librarian's note:

This is a dual ISBN first edition (same physical volume, two ISBNs). This page has the publisher, Gyldendal's ISBN. The book club ISBN is 82-525-4633-1 / 978-82-525-4633-0.

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13662 comments Done.

Also added the note, although I think it's superfluous. People searching by ISBN will find the correct edition (it is different with alternative covers that share the same ISBN).

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Thank you!

I think it is appropriate to note where an edition has multiple ISBNs. The adding to the end of the description rather than to the beginning as is the case with ACEs I feel adequately reflects the less essential nature of this situation. People do not always search by ISBN and will perhaps still want to add the "right" ISBN for their book.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13662 comments Book club editions usually/sometimes differ from "regular" editions (slightly different format, f.e.).

Also, different editions can have the same cover. We cannot add notes to all editions with duplicate covers.

There are only 8 editions for this title, readers will be able to find their edition easily.

message 5: by Halvor (Raknes) (last edited Sep 23, 2019 10:40AM) (new) - added it

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments You are in a frame of reference that is unaccustomed of Norwegian publishing practices which are different from those in the English-speaking world. These are not books with the same cover merely. These are in fact the same book, with two ISBNs printed in the colophon.

In Norway, new books are often co-published by a book club. That is the condition I describe above. The book club may also publish a separate edition a few years on which will be different in its appearance and format.

The fact that there are only 8 editions of this particular book is not important. I am adhering to a consistent and logical practice.

message 6: by lethe (last edited Sep 23, 2019 10:51AM) (new)

lethe | 13662 comments OK.

But the note is only of use in the description, not as a librarian note visible on the combine page. Books with different ISBNs will not be merged.