SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R19: Team #11 ~ 11th Hour Readers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Sep 18, 2019 07:17PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Team #11
Captain: Raquel (Rocki)

Members:
Megan
Raquel (Rocki)
Ella

message 2: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Just a Hop, Skip & Click Away
Happy Reading!

Shelf Announcements ~ Check for the latest shelf announcement & review the requirements for each shelf
Captain's Log ~ Share team shelf stats prior to requesting a stamp
Stamp Me! ~ Request a stamp for your bingo card
Discussions ~ Throughout the game, head here to chat with other players & shelf chant til your heart's content
Bingo Rules ~ Rules of the game
Free Space Rules ~ Where to look when pickin' your free space book
Bingo FAQ ~ Don't hesitate! If you have a question, let us know.

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Hiya, Team Caps! Thanks for volunteering to guide your team through a round of BookShelf Bingo!

Your job, should you choose to accept it, will require a few things:
1 ~ Be our go-to person should we have any questions about your team
2 ~ Organize your teammate's weekly reads for each shelf/category so that the BSB Ninjas can quickly and easily verify and approve your stamp request(s)
2a ~ Create a master list in a post (preferably on the first page of your team's thread) and update it weekly or as often as necessary
2b ~ Post your team's stats on the Captain's Log prior to requesting a stamp
3 ~ Encourage and motivate your team (you may also ask to borrow Judithe's whip whenever necessary)
4 ~ Post regularly to ensure your team is communicating and on track each week
4a ~ Send them a PM and friendly poke if they haven't posted at least once a week, noted their book choice, and/or appear to have dropped out of webspace
5 ~ Send us a PM (Steph, Sandra or Judithe) should you need us for any reason throughout the game

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Dec 13, 2019 11:11AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments ...

message 6: by Raquel (Rocki) (last edited Dec 10, 2019 08:34PM) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments R19

Free Space
Megan:Sweet Evil
✔Raquel: Shadow Highlander by Donna Grant 10/15/19 Review 5★
Ella:The Cruel Prince

Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1) by Wendy Higgins Shadow Highlander (Dark Sword, #5) by Donna Grant The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black

Shelf 1:Angel Stamped
✔Megan:Fallen by Lauren Kate 10/3/19 Review 3★
✔Raquel:Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh 9/28/19 Review 4★
✔Ella:Angelfall by Susan Ee 10/3/19 Review 4★

Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

Shelf 2: Vampires
✔Megan:The Vampire Hunter by Michele Hauf 10/7/19 Review 3★
✔Raquel:Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice 10/6/19 Review 2★
Ella:Hunting Prince Dracula

The Vampire Hunter (In the Company of Vampires #2) by Michele Hauf Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco

Shelf 3: Favorites Stamped
✔Megan:The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris 10/12/19 Review 3 1/2★
✔Raquel:The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis 11/7/19 Review 4 1/2★
✔Ella: The Body by Stephen King 10/11/19 Review 3★

The Tattooist of Auschwitz (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #1) by Heather Morris The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis The Body by Stephen King

Shelf 4: Auto Buy Stamping
✔Megan: The Lying Game by Sara Shepard 10/23/19 Review 3 1/2★
✔Raquel:Renegades by Marissa Meyer 12/09/19 Review 5★
✔Ella: More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera 10/9/19 Review 3★

The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) by Sara Shepard Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera

Shelf 5: Fantasy Romance Stamped
✔Megan: Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder 11/14/19 Review 4★
✔Raquel:Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh 10/27/19 Review 4★
✔Ella: World After by Susan Ee 11/7/19 Review 2★

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee

Shelf 6: Alternate Reality
✔Megan: InterWorld by Neil Gaiman 10/31/19 Review 3★
✔Raquel:Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld 11/4/19 Review 1★
Ella: Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

InterWorld (Interworld, #1) by Neil Gaiman Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

Shelf 7: Magic
Megan:Fire Study
✔Raquel:The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis 11/10/19 Review 5★
Ella:Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6) by C.S. Lewis Carry On (Simon Snow, #1) by Rainbow Rowell

Shelf 8:Kick Ass Heroine
Megan: Magic Study
✔Raquel:Wraith by Helen Harper 11/21/19 Review 5★
Ella:The Toll by Neal Shusterman

Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Wraith by Helen Harper The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3) by Neal Shusterman

Shelf 9: Immortals
Megan:Evermore by Alyson Noel
✔Raquel:Evermore by Alyson Noel 11/28/19 Review 4★
Ella:

Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel

Shelf 10: Fae
Megan: Ever Shade by Alexia Purdy
✔Raquel:Box of Frogs by Helen Harper 12/05/19 Review 3★
Ella:

Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale, #1) by Alexia Purdy Box of Frogs (The Fractured Faery, #1) by Helen Harper

Shelf 11: Military
Megan: Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle That Shaped America's Destiny by Brian Kilmeade
Raquel: Shadow Falling by Rebecca Zanetti
Ella:

Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans The Battle That Shaped America's Destiny by Brian Kilmeade Shadow Falling (The Scorpius Syndrome, #2) by Rebecca Zanetti

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 327 comments Hi team. :)

message 8: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments I reached out to Ella since we haven't heard from her do we have any team names in mind?

message 9: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23519 comments Team name & Captain .......

And thanks for reaching out to Ella, lets hope she responds before the game starts.

message 10: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments What about for team name .. the team that shall not be named

message 11: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Or one short of a basket?

message 12: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23519 comments Raquel (Rocki) wrote: "What about for team name .. the team that shall not be named"

That one's been used in the past when the ninjas assigned it to a team who couldn't decide. LOL

message 13: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Lol thats hilarious

message 14: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments Hi! Sorry, I had a bit of an IRL problem but I'm here now.

message 15: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23519 comments Sorry to hear that Ella, glad you made it here :)

message 16: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments So have you guys come up with a name yet? I'm not very creative so whatever you think is best works for me.

message 17: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments I dont mind being captain but we still need to choose a name do you have any ideas Ella.

message 18: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23519 comments Added you to Steph's list Raquel.

message 19: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Shelf #1 ~ 18/9/2019: Angels
DIRECT LINK - https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 327 comments The only names I thought of are:

11th Hour Readers
Reader's Eleven
Ace Readers

message 21: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments I like the first or the third one, how about you Ella?

message 22: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments I like the first one a lot.

message 23: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23519 comments Done.

message 24: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Awesome thanks i have our list for our books on my first reply. When you guys have chosen your books let me know and i will add them to the list.

message 25: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments For the free space I was planning on reading Cruel Prince by Holly Black and then for shelf 1 I’m gonna read angelfall

message 26: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Thanks for that Ella got them both added

message 27: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments Hey guys, any updates?

message 28: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments I'm hoping you guys will show up eventually but until then I'll just comment for you to see later. I'm almost done with Angelfall and plan to have it finished for tomorrow when we have the second shelf announcement.

message 29: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Nice i am almost done with archangels consort, I will message Megan to see if she will post her books

message 30: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 327 comments I've decided on Sweet Evil for free space and Chameleon for Angels. I'm hoping to finish one of them by tomorrow.

message 32: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments I will be reading for this shelf Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice

message 33: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments I'm gonna read Vampire Academy for this shelf Vampire Academy

message 34: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Shelf: Angel
Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh
Read: 9/28/19
Rating: ★★★★
Review:
Another great read and the one line that still terrorizes her to this day continues into this one. Not as much like in the other books but it is still there, shows that she is getting over it a little bit but it doesn't hurt her like it once did. She is getting more used to her wings now and stronger, more herself. There relationship is settling and they are understanding the balance that is there. Raphael is learning there bond is not a weakness but something else that is needed and helps in the end. I am intrigued by Caliane I don't think she is crazy or as crazy as everyone things she is, there will be more there I bet in future books we only touched on it a little bit.

message 35: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 327 comments I'll read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown for Vampires.

message 36: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments That is a good book nice choice i have updated the list

message 37: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments I actually changed my mind about what book I'm going to read. I'm now going to read Hunting Prince Dracula .

message 38: by Raquel (Rocki) (last edited Oct 01, 2019 12:08PM) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Nice i have changed that

message 39: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Shelf #3 ~ 2/10/2019: Favorites
DIRECT LINK - https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

message 40: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments I'm gonna read The Body by Stephen King for shelf 3. I'm happy I'm gonna be able to read it during October!

message 41: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 327 comments Shelf: Angel
Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
Read: 10/3/19
Rating: ★★★
Review:
It took forever to learn what was going on, since we're in the dark as readers almost as much as Lucinda, which made it hard at times to stay interested. I could've done without the love triangle, but maybe it'll play into something important in the next book. I hated (view spoiler). I plan to continue with the series.

message 42: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 327 comments I changed my book for angels, which I posted the completion post, and am thinking of also changing my vampires one. Will let you know if I do.

message 43: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 327 comments I'll read The Promise of Dawn for favorites.

message 44: by Ella (new)

Ella (bloggingbooknerd) | 21 comments Shelf: Angel
Angelfall
Read: 10/3/19
Rating: ★★★★
Review:
All in all not too bad of a book! I've had this in my kindle library for years now and it just took me until now to finish it. Though I really disliked the beginning and thought it moved pretty slow, the ending blew me away. I can't imagine NOT continuing the series now.

message 45: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23519 comments Raquel, looks like you need to request your Angel stamp :)

message 46: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Yep thank you!

message 47: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments I will be changing my free read book to Shadow Highlander (Dark Sword, #5) by Donna Grant

message 48: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23519 comments Raquel, you need to request the stamp the same time as the Captain's Log :)

message 49: by Raquel (Rocki) (new)

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 915 comments Oh lol

message 50: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28446 comments CONGRATULATIONS, 11th Hour Readers!
You now have an updated BINGO card with a stamp on 'angels'. 

[Your updated BINGO card can be viewed on page 1]

Good Job!! :D

« previous 1 3