SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R19: Team #5 ~ Cereal Readers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 300 (300 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Sep 17, 2019 02:25PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Team #5
Captain: Moondance

Members:
Moondance
BarbaraAnn
Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary

message 2: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Just a Hop, Skip & Click Away
Happy Reading!

Shelf Announcements ~ Check for the latest shelf announcement & review the requirements for each shelf
Captain's Log ~ Share team shelf stats prior to requesting a stamp
Stamp Me! ~ Request a stamp for your bingo card
Discussions ~ Throughout the game, head here to chat with other players & shelf chant til your heart's content
Bingo Rules ~ Rules of the game
Free Space Rules ~ Where to look when pickin' your free space book
Bingo FAQ ~ Don't hesitate! If you have a question, let us know.

message 3: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Hiya, Team Caps! Thanks for volunteering to guide your team through a round of BookShelf Bingo!

Your job, should you choose to accept it, will require a few things:
1 ~ Be our go-to person should we have any questions about your team
2 ~ Organize your teammate's weekly reads for each shelf/category so that the BSB Ninjas can quickly and easily verify and approve your stamp request(s)
2a ~ Create a master list in a post (preferably on the first page of your team's thread) and update it weekly or as often as necessary
2b ~ Post your team's stats on the Captain's Log prior to requesting a stamp
3 ~ Encourage and motivate your team (you may also ask to borrow Judithe's whip whenever necessary)
4 ~ Post regularly to ensure your team is communicating and on track each week
4a ~ Send them a PM and friendly poke if they haven't posted at least once a week, noted their book choice, and/or appear to have dropped out of webspace
5 ~ Send us a PM (Steph, Sandra or Judithe) should you need us for any reason throughout the game

message 4: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Dec 04, 2019 05:35PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 5: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments ...

message 6: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments Hello!

I recognize both of you from other games. Wow only 3 players per team.

I would really prefer not to be captain. I'm getting married 10/5 and then going on my honeymoon to Disney. So I might get a bit behind on a couple of shelves for a bit. But early enough in the game where I can easily catch up. I have my fingers crossed that I'll have a short kindle book on hand for at least one of the shelves that called around then. I'm sure I'll do at least a little reading here and there.

message 7: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Yay! Happy engagement/upcoming wedding, Mary! That's exciting! Congratulations!!

message 8: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments Thank you. We've been living together for 3 years so it's not going to be a huge change. We're just making it legal. Really looking forward to doing Disney without a little kid in toe.

message 9: by Moondance (last edited Dec 09, 2019 06:46AM) (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments FREE SPACE Stamped

BarbaraAnn Blaze of Memory Nalini Singh REVIEW 09.25.19 3 stars
Cheryl Heartless Marissa Meyer REVIEW 09.22.19 5 stars
MaryHeartless Marissa Meyer REVIEW 09.25.19 3 stars

Shelf 1: Angels Stamped

BarbaraAnn The Beautiful Ashes Jeaniene Frost REVIEW 09.22.19 3 stars
Cheryl Angelfall Susan Ee REVIEW 09.24.19 4 stars
Mary Summoned to Thirteenth Grave Darynda Jones REVIEW 09.26.19 5 stars

Shelf 2: VAMPIRES Stamped

BarbaraAnn Kiss of Midnight Lara Adrian REVIEW 09.29.19 3 stars
Cheryl Up from the Grave Jeaniene Frost REVIEW 10.01.19 5 stars
Mary No Rest for the Wicked Kresley Cole REVIEW 10.04.19 4 stars

Shelf 3: FAVORITES Stamped

BarbaraAnn The Vampire's Mail Order Bride Kristen Painter REVIEW 10.05.19 4 stars
Cheryl Creation in Death J.D. Robb REVIEW 10.04.19 5 stars
Mary Crime on the Fens Joy Ellis REVIEW 10.13.19 3 stars

Shelf 4: AUTO BUY Stamped
BarbaraAnn Night Play Sherrilyn Kenyon REVIEW 10.13.19 4 stars
Cheryl A Court of Thorns and Roses Sarah J. Maas REVIEW 10.13.19 3 stars
Mary The Rogue Not Taken Sarah MacLean REVIEW 10.19.19 3 stars

Shelf 5: FANTASY ROMANCE Stamped

BarbaraAnn The Mapmaker's Apprentice C.J. Archer REVIEW 10.19.19 4 stars
Cheryl Sapphire Flames Ilona Andrews REVIEW 10.20.19 5 stars
Mary The Kingdom Amanda Stevens REVIEW 10.20.19 4 stars

Shelf 6: ALTERNATE REALITY Stamped

BarbaraAnn Burn for Me Ilona Andrews REVIEW 10.27.19 5 stars
Cheryl Strangers in Death J.D. Robb REVIEW 10.26.19 5 stars
Mary Gunmetal Magic Ilona Andrews REVIEW 10.30.19 4 stars

Shelf 7: MAGIC Stamped

BarbaraAnn Strange Magic James A. Hunter REVIEW 11.03.19 2 stars
Cheryl Don’t Stop Bewitching Mandy M. Roth REVIEW 11.04.19 2.5 stars
Mary You Slay Me Katie MacAlister REVIEW 11.03.19 3.5 stars

Shelf 8: KICK ASS HEROINE Stamped
BarbaraAnn Mortal Danger Eileen Wilks REVIEW 11.13.19 4 stars
Cheryl Salvation in Death J.D. Robb REVIEW 11.10.19 5 stars
Mary Fair Game Patricia Briggs REVIEW 11.11.19 4 stars

Shelf 9: IMMORTALS Stamped
BarbaraAnn Circus of the Damned Laurell K. Hamilton REVIEW 11.15.19 4 stars
Cheryl Twice Tempted Jeaniene Frost REVIEW 11.16.19 3.5 stars
Mary Redeemed in Darkness Alexis Morgan REVIEW 11.16.19 4 stars

Shelf 10: FAE Stamped
Barbara Ann A Kiss of Shadows Laurell K. Hamilton REVIEW 11.25.19 4 stars
Cheryl Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble H.P. Mallory REVIEW 11.22.19 2.5 stars
Mary By a Thread Jennifer Estep REVIEW 11.27.19 4 stars

Shelf 11: MILITARY
BarbaraAnn Westin's Chase Cristin Harber REVIEW 11.30.19 4 stars
Cheryl Sweep of the Blade Ilona Andrews REVIEW 12.02.19 4.5 stars
Mary Sweep of the Blade Ilona Andrews

Shelf 12: SPIN OFF
BarbaraAnn Hunting Ground Patricia Briggs
Cheryl Shades of Wicked Jeaniene Frost REVIEW 12.07.19 4.5 stars
Mary

message 10: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments I haven’t read much UF/PNR this year so I’m looking forward to getting back in the swing of things.

message 11: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 247 comments Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary wrote: "Thank you. We've been living together for 3 years so it's not going to be a huge change. We're just making it legal. Really looking forward to doing Disney without a little kid in toe."

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I can tell you from experience that visiting disney world without kids is a lot of fun.

message 12: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 247 comments Moondance wrote: "Congratulations!! Hopefully it won’t be quite as hot in October. I’m
willing to captain if BarbaraAnn doesn’t want the position. I just finished a Bingo game Friday that I was on Team 5 and we won!..."

Hi Moondance - if you're willing to be captain, that would be great!

this is one of my favorite games to play and I always find new books and series.

message 13: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments BarbaraAnn wrote: "Moondance wrote: "Congratulations!! Hopefully it won’t be quite as hot in October. I’m
willing to captain if BarbaraAnn doesn’t want the position. I just finished a Bingo game Friday that I was on ..."

Hi BarbaraAnn! I’ll be happy to captain. It won’t be hard with just three of us.
I suck at team names. I can check the name generator unless either of you have something in mind.

message 14: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 247 comments I have no imagination with names. I did see a team recently use the name Book Hoarders which i thought was creative. I also saw a book club recommendation for Wild Readers which might work.

message 15: by Moondance (last edited Sep 16, 2019 04:53PM) (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments I like both of those.

message 16: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments Mary, congratulations!!!!!! Glad all that angst over sharing closet space worked out :D

message 17: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments LOL. I still have a little resentment about giving up one of my closets after finally acquiring enough closet space. But I have a kid almost done with college and big plans for her room.

message 18: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments LOL Does she know that?

message 19: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments Yep. I’ve already moved some clothes into one of her closets.

message 20: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments Hahahaha

message 21: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments I'm not very good at team names either.

Buried in Books?
Cereal Readers?
The Miss Readers or Ms Readers?
The Logophiles? (a lover of words)

message 22: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments A few I found:

Reading Banshees
Oracles of the Written Word
Mystic Readers
Book Mages

message 23: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary wrote: "Thank you. We've been living together for 3 years so it's not going to be a huge change. We're just making it legal. Really looking forward to doing Disney without a little kid in toe."

Enjoy! We've been to Disney several times (and have no kids) and really enjoyed it. Although, I'm now a bigger fan of Universal's Harry Potter World. 🤓

message 24: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 247 comments Steph wrote: "Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary wrote: "Thank you. We've been living together for 3 years so it's not going to be a huge change. We're just making it legal. Really looking forward to doing Disney w..."

Harry potter world sounds amazing

message 25: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 247 comments All of the names look good. I'll vote for Cereal Readers but am ok with anything

message 26: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments Cereal Readers works for me.

message 27: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments Wow. I don't think I've ever had a name suggestion of mine chosen before. I feel so special now.

I usually get hung up on putting the team number in the name.

message 28: by Mary C (last edited Sep 18, 2019 07:23AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments I have a meeting every other Wed for the Elks Lodge (I'm the secretary). Hopefully if we get the opportunity for a winning shelf call, it will fall on a non-meeting week. Because the projected shelf call time is 6pm my time.

message 29: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments BarbaraAnn wrote: "Harry potter world sounds amazing "

It was, kinda like walking around the movie set. So fun!

message 30: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments We did Universal Studios are few years ago. But I know they've expanded Harry Potter World since then so I'm sure we'll be back soon.

message 31: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments I’ll Link when I get home. I’m still in the car.

message 32: by Moondance (last edited Sep 18, 2019 03:16PM) (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments Shelf #1 ~ 18/9/2019: Angels

DIRECT LINK - https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

message 33: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments Shelf 1: ANGELS

Angelfall Susan Ee
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

Qualification: 3rd book on Popular Angels books

message 34: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments Just got home from my meeting and going to bed. I’ll pick a book in the morning.

message 35: by BarbaraAnn (last edited Sep 18, 2019 07:02PM) (new)

BarbaraAnn | 247 comments I'm going to read The Beautiful Ashes. Tagged angels 127 x The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 36: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary wrote: "Just got home from my meeting and going to bed. I’ll pick a book in the morning."

Get some rest.

message 37: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments I'm waiting until tomorrow to list my Free Space just in case it works with another challenge.

message 38: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments I'm leaning towards Summoned to Thirteenth Grave for angels. But I might change that once they put out the last set of Lava tasks. I'm hoping they'll do that tomorrow. Hoping I can work a free space and angel book into the first set of tasks.

message 39: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 247 comments I’m also waiting on my free space as I’m playing a team game based on series books

message 40: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments My other challenge did not help me out so I will look for a book for Free Space.

message 41: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments FREE SPACE

Heartless Marissa Meyer
Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Qualification: #31 on Best of Stand alone

message 42: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments I wish we could edit the SOS bookshelf to show publishing date and/or page number.

message 43: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary wrote: "I wish we could edit the SOS bookshelf to show publishing date and/or page number."

That would be nice.

message 44: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments I agree, I always make sure to add the release date when I add books, but most probably don't have that.

message 45: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments I might read Heartless myself. Works for something prickly on cover.

message 46: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 247 comments For free space. i'll read Blaze of Memory which is part of the Psy-Changling series, which is #1 on SOS best paranormal romance series Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7) by Nalini Singh

message 47: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 247 comments Week 1 - Angels Completion Post:
The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

pgs: 384
Qualification - tagged: 127 times
finished: 9/22/19
rating: ***

review: I've really liked Jeaniene Frost's other books and considering Angels are my least favorite paranormal books, this was better than I thought it would be. The basic plot is Ivy is destined to save the world, Adrian is destined to betray her and destroy the world and they're destined to fall in love. I'll continue the series at some point if it fits into another challenge, but no rush.

message 48: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments BarbaraAnn wrote: "Week 1 - Angels Completion Post:
The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

pgs: 384
Qualification - tagged: 127 times
finished:..."

This is on my TBR pile. I’ve been hesitant to start it.

message 49: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments My Angel book should be at the library tomorrow. I’m almost finished with my Free Space. I didn’t expect the Queen of Hearts to make me care for her and then break my heart.

message 50: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments COMPLETION POST

FREE SPACE

Heartless Marissa Meyer
Heartless by Marissa Meyer

3rd book on Best of Stand alone

Read: 09.22.19
Rating: 5 stars
Review:

Three luscious lemon tarts glistened up at Catherine.

Lady Catherine "Cath" Pinkerton is the daughter of the Marquess of Rock Turtle Cove. She is also a young girl whose dream is to open a bakery with her maid and best friend, Mary Ann. The King of Hearts takes a liking to Cath and her whole world changes.

Wow, wow and wow! I didn't know what to expect from this telling of Wonderland. I never planned to care for Cath and her desire to be a baker and choose the man of her dreams. I experienced her dismay when the King seems set on wooing her. I felt the first bloom of love when she falls for Jest, the court joker. Even knowing where Cath would end, I loved her character.

It was a pleasure to visit Wonderland and all it's marvelous occupants. The characters come to life on the pages and the book flows with the story.

This is a story of family obligation, first love, deep friendship, despair and finally true heartlessness. Each page had me turning to see what would happen next. I never expected the ending to break my heart.

I will think of Cath as she was before her heart was broken. I think I'll have to revisit Wonderland with Alice soon.

An excellent book!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6