Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Marianne- Netflix (2019)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I | 60 comments Has anyone else heard of this new French horror series? I watched the first episode this weekend. Pretty scary stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q99hi...

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Ward (battyward) | 103 comments I was looking at it last night, but decided I had to go to bed instead. ;-) Thanks for the reminder to add it to my queue.

message 3: by David (new)

David Voyles | 11 comments I watched the first episode last night. Not sure how much I like it yet, but I'm definitely intrigued.

message 4: by David (new)

David Coker (Gentry) Looks interesting. Thanks!

message 5: by Alan (new)

Alan | 4490 comments Mod
It's French? I was sure it was Spanish LOL. I turned it off in the middle of ep 3 because I was shocked to see I was only in the middle of ep 3. Felt like I was at least in the middle of ep 5 by that point. I may give it another go one of these days.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Cool! Thank you! Adding to my watch list 😃

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6715 comments I am almost at the end of the season. The creep factor seems to have tapered off a bit, as the episodes went on, but it is still good.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments The first couple of episodes are definitely creepy!! I’m half way through the second episode

message 9: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 898 comments Is it on Netflix UK yet as sometimes I get a great recommendation form you guys but it is only in the US?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments I have no idea as I’m watching US. I would think so as it’s a French Horror but don’t quote me

message 11: by Jennifurreads (new)

Jennifurreads | 6 comments This is one of the best horror series I've (probably) have ever seen. The production of it is fantastic. Although it is dubbed, I noticed that there are not many close up camera angles. If you're like me, I can't stand when words don't match up with mouths (it's too distracting lol) so I was a little weary starting this series. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the director chose certain angles to keep the viewers fixated on the plot and not the dubbed words (thank goodness !). It's gorey but not over the top and involves a little bit of everything (thriller, gore, paranormal, and demonic possession). Lastly, and more importantly, I think this series is fantastic because it's a French horror series. There is just something about movies/series filed in other countries that take horror to a whole new level. They push boundaries but don't go over the top. I absolutely LOVE this series (I've also annoyed my coworkers because I keep mentioning it to them ! :) )

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Everything you just said but the coworker part 😃. Although a lot of my scenes are too dark to tell what’s going on 😕

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6715 comments Steve wrote: "Is it on Netflix UK yet as sometimes I get a great recommendation form you guys but it is only in the US?"

I saw an article about the show on a UK website. I am going to assume it is available on there but I'm not entirely certain.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2253 comments Well, I finished it and loved it!! I’m ready for the next season!

message 15: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 898 comments Erin wrote: "Steve wrote: "Is it on Netflix UK yet as sometimes I get a great recommendation form you guys but it is only in the US?"

I saw an article about the show on a UK website. I am going to assume it is..."

Thanks Erin. Its frustrating as sometimes you guys give me great recommendations but then its not on Netflix UK yet. I will check it out.

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6715 comments Steve wrote: "Erin wrote: "Steve wrote: "Is it on Netflix UK yet as sometimes I get a great recommendation form you guys but it is only in the US?"

I saw an article about the show on a UK website. I am going to..."

Hopefully you can view this one. I finished the season and it's a good one.

message 17: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 898 comments Just have to finish the crazy Ash vs Evil Dead and I am all over it.

message 18: by Baz (new)

Baz MW (bazcatt) | 84 comments Yep, absolutely loving this one. Each episode is like a stand alone movie. Perfect combo of psychological, horror and dark comedy :-D

message 19: by Bridie (new)

Bridie (bridiev) | 3 comments I love it! I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something spooky to watch this month. Amazingly well done, comparable to The Haunting of Hill House. Also yes, it is a Netflix show so it should be available everywhere.

message 20: by Bridie (new)

Bridie (bridiev) | 3 comments I will say to watch it with subtitles if you're able to. The dubbing kind of takes away from the experience a bit.

message 21: by Baz (last edited Oct 09, 2019 02:26PM) (new)

Baz MW (bazcatt) | 84 comments Bridie wrote: "I will say to watch it with subtitles if you're able to. The dubbing kind of takes away from the experience a bit."

Haha good point. I can never take dubbing seriously (unless it’s a martial arts movie from the 70s... then it’s an art form).

message 22: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6715 comments Bridie wrote: "I will say to watch it with subtitles if you're able to. The dubbing kind of takes away from the experience a bit."

I did it both ways and I agree about the dubbing. I think it's hard to find a foreign show, on Netflix, where the dubbing is somewhat spot on.

message 23: by Christy (new)

Christy (cmh85) | 3 comments just finished the first 2 episodes and liked it quite a bit! may have to watch it at night though bc sometimes it's so dark, it's hard to see in sunlight haha

message 24: by Vavita (new)

Vavita It is such a great series! I had to stop while my husband was on business travel but I finished it now and I LOVED it!