Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Author Trying to Claim Author Page

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela (angela_y) | 3 comments I had an author contact me with an issue - she is trying to claim her author page, and filled out the form that was linked at the bottom of her page, but was told she could not claim her author page until there were "buy" links in her books?

I've never heard of this before, and was hoping I could help her get some answers on claiming her page for her upcoming book release.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21470 comments She has to contact support. This is nothing librarians can help with.

message 3: by Angela (last edited Sep 16, 2019 09:03AM) (new)

Angela (angela_y) | 3 comments That's what she did. And she got a reply that she must have buy-links.

Is this a new policy? Because I know of tons of authors that are linked to their profiles on this site without any buy-link whatsoever.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments If it is a new policy, we have not been told.

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela (angela_y) | 3 comments Thanks! I didn't recall hearing of a policy change, but good to know I just hadn't missed it. :)

I'd be super interested to know if anyone higher up knew about this and why it was happening.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14467 comments She will just need to write back to Support to clarify what that means in reference to her work. The Librarians group is not affiliated at all with the author approval process, as that is completely up to staff.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43597 comments Mod
Goodreads Librarians are not employees of Goodreads, but volunteers. They have no control over approvals of Goodreads Author status. If you are having a problem with yours, you'll need to use the Contact Us link on the Help page.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.