What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Urban Fantasy (Romance and Humour) series about an elf prince who ran away from home and a town that goes up against Oberon and crew.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liberty (new)

Liberty | 1 comments I bought this and a second book in the same series way back in the early 2000's and lost both a few years later when moving house. If anyone has any idea what they might be I'd be very happy!

The first book was darker than the second and the main character was a young woman who saved (?) a wounded man who saved her from a monster (a grendel iirc). There was a reason he had to kill the grendel/monster). They fell in love, as you do.

SPOILERS

He turned out to be a fairy prince and was trying to hide from his father (or maybe was exiled? He kills the beast and then there's like a timeskip or something as I just remember it ending with them driving across country trying to shake off his fathers' goons and him dying/being taken and her being left with just a baby and herself.

NEXT BOOK

The second book was a lot more light-hearted. Oberon, king of the fairies, decides he wants the child and tries to kidnap them, but is bound by the laws of the real world for some reason. The woman gets a female lawyer and they start fighting over custody. During this time she settles in a small nice town and then Oberon decides to harass the town in order to get people to kick her out.

SPOILERS

He sends in a bunch of fairy creatures to the oblivious town to cause trouble, but the people of the town band together and start subverting the situation - kids being used to subdue unicorns, that I remember clearly. Then Oberon admits defeat and just wants to visit his grandchild and I think he also had a crush on the lawyer?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Norm017 (new)

Norm017 | 152 comments I'm thinking of a series by Rosemary Edgehill but I cannot remember the titles, and those books are not listed on the Goodreads author page.

However I do remember that the first book climaxes in the parking garage of the World Trade Center and that the authors note at the start comments that she wrote the book before the 1993 bombing of the complex.

message 3: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1190 comments Norm017 wrote: "I'm thinking of a series by Rosemary Edgehill but I cannot remember the titles, and those books are not listed on the Goodreads author page.

However I do remember that the first ..."

Perhaps the Twelve Treasures series that starts with The Sword of Maiden's Tears? I think if that's it the reason you didn't find it is you've got an extra e in her last name it's Rosemary Edghill

message 4: by Ky (new)

Ky | 126 comments The second book sounds like Elf Defense by Esther M. Friesner. It has an elf king--named Kelerison, not Oberon--a female lawyer as a character, and unicorns.