What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Rising (Vincent and Eve #1)
This topic is about Rising
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult in contemporary romance. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A (new)

A H | 4 comments The book take place present time and I think it is in the US. I read it about a year ago via Kindle (no, I do not find it in my orders since I think it was an unlimited book). When I read this, book 2 hasn't been released yet.

About a boy/man that is a fighter, I think he is an underground fighter. He is the fighter that is invincible. If I remember correctly he comes from a family that is criminal, like the mafia. He is rich and (of course) very handsome. During one fight he sees this young girl. She is there because her friend  (or perhaps it was her sister) force her to join her to see the fight. It is the first time the girl goes to a fight. This girl is very poor and is very close to her friend (or sister).
The fighter and the girl starts to see each other, but the boy does not tell her who he really is (that he belongs to a wealthy/criminal family). He drives her to her apartment where there are a lot of stairs, and she is living in a very poor area. He protects her. She wants to join the college and a woman helps her with the documents and finally she can join the college. 

Spoilers ahead

In the end when the girl enters the cafeteria in the college, the boy/fighter is there! The girl doesn't know he will be there. And that is the end. 

message 2: by TeriD (new)

TeriD | 114 comments Did you check your KU history?

message 3: by A (new)

A H | 4 comments TeriD wrote: "Did you check your KU history?"

Yes I did, three times! I realize it has to be on my friends Kindle I borrow before I got my own. And I can´t get in touch with that Kindle, unfortunately.

message 4: by TeriD (new)

TeriD | 114 comments Bummer! This sounds familiar, so I'll look around. There's also a FB group ( Help Name That Book) that has helped me find books.
Between Goodreads and FB, your book is bound to be found! ;-)

message 5: by A (new)

A H | 4 comments A wrote: "TeriD wrote: "Did you check your KU history?"

Yes I did, three times! I realize it has to be on my friends Kindle I borrow before I got my own. And I can´t get in touch with that Kindle, unfortuna..."

After I went thru this page https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3... and similar pages I just realize there is soo many fighter/box romances. Haha, I will never find my book!

message 6: by Mai (last edited Sep 16, 2019 02:13PM) (new)

Mai | 1254 comments Searching "romance" "novel" "fighter" "undefeated" "his family" "mafia" this book came up:
Fight For You by Magan Vernon.

A mafia prince who doesn't want the crown.
A girl who has secrets of her own.
One love that they'll both have to fight for.
Nicky Ragusa lives his life inside the cage, circuiting the underground ring to escape his fate as the mafia prince. When Jackie Marks crashes into his life, he’ll take the fight outside the cage.
But the battle for Jackie’s heart comes with a steep price. Nicky’s father has wanted him to take over the family business for years, and the time for running is over. Now Nicky is right where his father has always wanted him: in the middle of a war.
All Nicky has ever wanted to do was fight. Now all he has to do is fight for her.

The reviews mention that she is "white trash".
Like you said there's a ton of romance novels about fighters so I'm not sure if this plot is very common...

message 7: by A (new)

A H | 4 comments Mai wrote: "Searching "romance" "novel" "fighter" "undefeated" "his family" "mafia" this book came up:
Fight For You by Magan Vernon.

A mafia prince who doesn't want the crown..."

I found the book!!! Thanks to you Mai thou I google "young man" "fight" "a poor girl" "mafia" "college"

It is https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

THANKS Mai and TeriD for your support! I really appreciate it! Wohoo!

message 8: by TeriD (new)

TeriD | 114 comments Way to go Mai!! So glad your book was found A H- enjoy!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fight For You (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Magan Vernon (other topics)