Books I Loathed discussion

Loathed Titles > The Jane Austen Book Club

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Christen | 61 comments I read this for my book club and we should've known better. Such awful predictable bloated drivel has rarely been put on a page. She *breeds* greyhounds?!?! What kind of people are these?? All old, evidently, and smug and rich. And the way they talk about Austen leaves me feeling like someone should tell them about sex. Oh and I'm sorry but no matter how many May/December romances are out there these days, a 30 year old guy is NOT going to fall in love with a 60+ year old woman. Please. Save yourself, it's too late for me - run far away from this book.

message 2: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Jessica I don't remember any of the details of this book, but I remember thinking it was absolute crap. Thanks for reminding me why!

message 3: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Christen | 61 comments OH NO!!! I just found out that they made a MOVIE about this tripe!!!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0866437/

Why, God, why!!!!!!!

message 4: by Dianna (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:03PM) (new)

Dianna | 55 comments I'm glad to see there are people out there who think Jane Austin's books are as ludicrous as I do. Yeah!

message 5: by Bronwyn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Bronwyn | 29 comments I HATE THIS BOOK! No seriously, worst book ever...I wanted to burn it afterwards.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2 comments A friend gave this to me and I tried, I really did! The only parts I enjoyed were when they were discussing Austen's books. I couldn't make it thru the rest of it.