What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/Children’s fantasy novel involving time travel and a scary priestess

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clarissa (new)

Clarissa Fortin (clarice42) | 1 comments I read this book sometime in the early 2000’s - I’m guessing between 2000 and 2007. However based on what I remember the book might have been older - from the 80s or 90s. My sister and I got it from our small town school library, It was a historical fiction/fantasy novel about a young girl who travels back to the time of what I think was supposed to be the ancient Celts. I think Stonehenge or some other sort of ruins were involved in the time travel. The young girl encounters a Druid-type priestess, and eventually has to escape becoming the victim of some sort of ritual sacrifice situation, What I remember most vividly though were the illustrations : the priestess with a long white dress, long pale hair, and black circles around her eyes. I found it terrifying but also intriguing as a child and the book has haunted me ever since. I’ve googled plot details to no avail. If anyone has any ideas about what it might be I’d love to hear them! Thanks

message 2: by Ayshe (new)