Jewish Historical Fiction discussion

November to July

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Oser | 34 comments Friends, I'm pleased to announce publication of NOVEMBER TO JULY, my fourth novel. It's set in Paris immediately following the armistice of 1918 and concerns itself with picking up the pieces. For the main character, Eleanor Simons, the future looks bleak; her fiancé has died in the war, and she finds herself adrift, suddenly contemplating a long stretch of empty lifetime. Paris is a beehive of diplomats who have convened to make a lasting peace, and Eleanor finds a job clerking at the conference. Several possible suitors present themselves, most entirely unsuitable. During the early months of 1919, she—like many a harried, sleepless minister—must face the challenge of shaping a new future out of the ashes of the old. So what's Jewish about all this? Eleanor spends much of her time working on the matter of Palestine. One of the questions the novel seeks to answer is, how did well-intentioned people make such a hash of the treaty?

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Stark-Nemon (bstarknemon) | 22 comments Congratulations!!

message 3: by Shira (new)

Shira Reiss | 70 comments Marilyn wrote: "Friends, I'm pleased to announce publication of NOVEMBER TO JULY, my fourth novel. It's set in Paris immediately following the armistice of 1918 and concerns itself with picking up the pieces. For ..."

Is your 4th novel part of a series or stands on its own? I don't know much about Paris of 1918-19, so I'd be interested.
Thanks

message 4: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Oser | 34 comments It's not part of a series exactly, though it does contain some minor characters from an earlier book, RIVKA'S WAR, which takes place on the eastern front, in Russia. My long-term plan is to do a final novel set in Palestine, with characters from both books--but that's in the future. Thanks for asking.

message 5: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Oser | 34 comments So, in case that wasn't clear, you don't have to have read any of my previous books to enjoy NOVEMBER TO JULY.

message 6: by Mirta (new)

Mirta Trupp | 63 comments Marilyn wrote: "So, in case that wasn't clear, you don't have to have read any of my previous books to enjoy NOVEMBER TO JULY."

Thank you. I've just downloaded it!

message 7: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Oser | 34 comments Hope you enjoy it.