Beyond Reality discussion

Blood of Dragons (Rain Wild Chronicles, #4)
This topic is about Blood of Dragons
SERIES—List & Discussions > Realm of the Elderlings--Blood of Dragons: finished reading (spoilers)!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2120 comments Mod
Post here if you've finished Blood of Dragons for our series read! Spoilers ahead!

I raced through this one in a few days and found it mostly quite satisfying. More later when I'm not so tired!

message 2: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathi | 3085 comments Mod
I, too, zipped through it and also found it a satisfying conclusion to the Rain Wilds Chronicles.

Hest’s demise was perfect!

Looking forward to seeing how the change in Chalced affects the Six Duchies and the other realms.

message 3: by Shel, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shel (shel99) | 2120 comments Mod
Kathi wrote: "Hest’s demise was perfect!"

I may or may not have cheered out loud ;) He was a similar personality to Regal, but this was much more satisfying than the way Regal ended in Assassin's Quest.

I hope that we will return to Kelsingra to see how their society is developing in the final trilogy. I can't wait to see how Hobb brings all of these threads together.

message 4: by Chris, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chris (heroncfr) | 493 comments Mod
I loved the way this arc ended. So many threads, all tied up in such a satisfactory way. Dragons are once again present in the world in partnership with humankind. Trade is poised to flourish again the the Rainwilds. The Duke of Chalced’s plans were thwarted, and his agent Hest got what he deserved. We learned so much about the Elderlings! What a great story.