What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Thriller, psychological, asylum, nurse wife, journalist husband infiltrates asylum as a patient to investigate, husband disappeared, nurse remarried, nurse moving into nursing home, young woman was instructed to visit the nurse once a week. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lj (new)

Lj | 2 comments The author might be a woman. The plots involves with asylum, nurse wife, journalist husband, husband infiltrate asylum as a patient to investigate, husband disappeared, nurse remarried, nurse moving into a nursing home, a young woman was instructed to visit the nurse once a week. The young woman finally track down someone in the west coast (California?) has some relationship with the old nurse now in nursing home. It involves an evil doctor in the asylum doing brain/psychological experiment.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35129 comments Mod
Lj, around what year did you read this book? This will help us narrow down the search.

Why does the journalist husband go undercover to investigate the asylum?

What is the story's time period and location (country/region/city)?

I added a spoiler alert to the topic header/title.

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Lj (new)

Lj | 2 comments Dear Kris, thanks for alerting me of your post in an email.

I listened to this audio book in this ~ 2015-2018. I checked out the book from Hoopla so I expect the book was published earlier. (I contacted Hoopla but their computer system has problem to access checkout history and promised to contact me when the problem is fixed - this is about two weeks ago.)

Why the journalist husband go undercover to investigate the asylum? Because he was na investigative journalist and because the government was involved in the asylum project so it is useless to report to, say, FBI, unless he has collected evidence to publish to the public.

They have a daughter. When the nurse wife went hiding, she remembered that she met someone during a train wreck years ago and she can trust the man/woman (or a couple - I do not remember). So she gave their daughter to them. They later adopted the daughter.

The story happened in the East Coast, possibly Ohio. The daughter, after she grew up to an adult, finally tracked her father, the journalist, down in California. He escaped from the asylum and went into hiding. He remarried and worked for a small local newspaper.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35129 comments Mod
Does anything on the Fictional Mental Hospital Novels list sound familiar?