What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fiction from 1950/60's: Young man works for his family's small town resort business renting row boats, he hates caulking the boats, makes robots in work shed.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new)

Dan Runfola | 1 comments Young adult fiction-- Plot: young man who works for his family's small town resort business where they rent row boats and he has to caulk them as his hated chore. He makes robots in the work shed and they come alive during a thunderstorm and save the day. PUBLISHED in 1950s or 60s. Story takes place in 1940s or early 1950s, I think. Was old book from my 1970s middle school library.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Please always include genre and plot details in your header, as per the Group Rules. Your query is more likely to be spotted by the people who can help you find it.

message 3: by Kris (last edited Sep 22, 2019 12:50PM) (new)

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
Dan, I added genre and plot details to the topic header/title. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full desktop website - not the mobile app or mobile website.

How old is the young man? Is this his summer job?

message 4: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1164 comments Maybe Andy Buckram's Tin Men by Carol Brink? Published in 1966. Found searching online. Sorry, I can't add the Goodreads link in the app.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
Andy Buckram's Tin Men by Carol Ryrie Brink - Mai's suggestion

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15786 comments Still looking, Dan?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Andy Buckram's Tin Men (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carol Ryrie Brink (other topics)