Persephone Books discussion

Cheerful Weather > Cheerful Weather for the Wedding STARTING Thoughts/discussion questions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen | 336 comments Mod
Cheerful Weather for the Wedding by Julia Strachey was first published in 1932 and adapted to film in 2012.
This book was chosen by Toast for the group to read. If you are new to the group and have suggestions for books, please leave comments in the topic 'Book Suggestions'.

message 2: by Toast (new)

Toast (hotbutteredtoast) | 55 comments I chose it because it really wasn't my cup of tea when I first read it and thought that always makes for a good discussion. Now I'm having to steel myself to re-read it. I must take a deep breath and get on with it.......... so come on one and all let's get reading.
Toast

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 16 comments I have this ordered. But uncertain how soon it will arrive. I'll do my best to read by end of September.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 166 comments As I expected to be snowed under with reading this month, I planned ahead (for once) and listened to the audiobook of Cheerful Weather for the Wedding last month. I didn’t quite know what to expect, but I enjoyed the reading by Miriam Margolyes very much. A lot of this short book is in dialogue, and Ms Margolyes really nails the characters in her interpretation. I’ll put my comments on the book under the Finishing thread, but just wanted to recommend the audiobook! (BTW if anyone in the US is not an Audible member, I believe I could send you a copy of the audiobook, which is a little over an hour long). You would have to install the Audible app and they will doubtless pester you to join...if you are interested, just let me know)